Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

But you ain’t playing any of your rivals. Think the rest of the brummies are going to enjoy next season more than you lot.

Villa enjoyed their cup final against us when they beat us at Villa park and thought they were going to catch us and overhaul us.

And I'm sure they'll enjoy their trips to Wigan, QPR and Brentford while we go to The Etihad, Anfield and Old Trafford. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Villa enjoyed their cup final against us when they beat us at Villa park and thought they were going to catch us and overhaul us.

And I'm sure they'll enjoy their trips to Wigan, QPR and Brentford while we go to The Etihad, Anfield and Old Trafford. 

You know they're a much bigger club than you right?

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Tbf i would rather go to them 3 away games than Liverpool, Man Utd & Man City.

Never had the chance to Brentford and qpr is always a good away day.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Oh right, local rivals of yours are they.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Unfortunately no. I'd still rather go there to watch my team than Loftus Road. I don't care about getting pissed in local pubs or how loud the home fans are. 

If you are going for purely footballing reasons then yes you’d rather go to the Etihad, Anfield, Old Trafford. 

I was basing mine on my overall enjoyment of an away game. The premiership is much better now that they have implemented £30 cap on away tickets. Still £10 too dear I think personally but much better than the £50 odd quid we had to pay for certain grounds a couple of years ago. 

On 26 May 2018 at 20:22, The Bear said:

And I'm sure they'll enjoy their trips to Wigan, QPR and Brentford while we go to The King Power.

:thumbup:

Villa need £38m worth of profit needed between now and March 2019 or they fail FFP. 

https://heartoftheholte1874.wordpress.com/2018/02/20/villa-play-ffp-roulette-as-the-consequences-of-failing-this-season-becomes-clear/amp/

That's a LOT to come up with. Grealish and Chester will have to go. Hourihane probably too. They probably can't afford to sack Bruce now either. 

And yet the bookies have them as joint favourites for promotion next season! I might even have a little bet on them going down. 

Graham Potter in talks over Swansea managerial post.

If he gets it, which he would deserve, it would be such a refreshment in terms of bringing someone else in who has done well of themselves instead of hiring rather failed etc managers such Pardew and the like.

If they have the opportunity to, young British managers looking for chances to become a manager should be open to moving abroad to clubs like Ostersunds.

On 26/05/2018 at 20:22, The Bear said:

Once the novelty of going to grounds like that has worn off after a season, you'll be longing for smaller clubs to come up so there aren't so many sterile away days.

42 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Graham Potter in talks over Swansea managerial post.

If he gets it, which he would deserve, it would be such a refreshment in terms of bringing someone else in who has done well of themselves instead of hiring rather failed etc managers such Pardew and the like.

If they have the opportunity to, young British managers looking for chances to become a manager should be open to moving abroad to clubs like Ostersunds.

Swansea have never really been the type to go to the failed managers. They've always looked a bit left field. Laudrup, Monk, Bradley, Clement etc, they've never just gone for the Pardew type. It hadn't always worked though.

It's a risk for both Potter and Swansea though. His ability as a manager might not convert to this country. Solskjaer came from Scandinavia to Cardiff after doing well at Molde, and failed miserably. He's now back doing well at Molde. So it could go very wrong for Swansea and could tarnish Potters reputation.