Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Guest FriendlyRam
4 hours ago, The Bear said:

Blues record since they sacked Rowett - 5 wins out of 31.

I'd love it if Floppychops took them down.

We have to thank them for allowing us to get him for nothing. Thanks birmingham :)

Our form under rowett has been ok,, but hes slowly getting rid of the deadwood and his signings have been good,, huddleston and davies were much needed. Lawrence could be a class act for us aswell. Dont think we will get promoted but rowett will get us there if given the time.

Birmingham fans over on their forum seem to have convinced themselves that they're still in a transition period with all the signings, and it will come good. The few posters I saw concerned or expressing worry were squashed.

Another one of those situations where the rest of football fans can see what's going to happen, but the fans of Birmingham have tricked each other into thinking Redknapp will be anything other than a disaster.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 20:40, FriendlyRam said:

Good winfor us :)

And once lawrence gets a run of games I can see him being an handful,, we actually have a player that can cross, and he has a mean shot + his corners are actually dangerous. 5m quid well spent if we dont ruin his confidence.

And Vydra actually looks like a 8m pound forward,, amazing what can happen when the manager actually plays him in his preferred position,, not stuck out on the wing.

Nugent is the perfect foil ;)

I don't like Gary Rowett but am actually pleased for Derby as a club.

Putting local rivalries aside, and their beliefs that the whole of Leicester is inhabited by pondlife, in general Derby fans are a good bunch (if a big smug) and you've had to go through disappointment after disappointment. 

Get the feeling you'll be promoted sooner or later now.

Leeds still doing the business, unbeaten in their first 7 games now.

Cardiff losing away at Preston, Wolves drawing at home against Bristol.

Both Sheffield teams in the playoff places at present. Bolton smack at the bottom with two points out of seven games as it stands.

58 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Problem I have with Leeds coming up is their size will make it easier for them to stay up. They'll have bit to spend and it won't take long for them to overtake us. Just pushes us closer to the trapdoor.

They look very strong this season.

I would much rather see Leeds in the Prem than Bournemouth, for example. I don't agree with that notion though, it's up to us to take care of our business.

23 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I would much rather see Leeds in the Prem than Bournemouth, for example. I don't agree with that notion though, it's up to us to take care of our business.

Bournemouth have already overtaken us. 

It is up to us to take care of our business, that's the problem! lol

Feel for Brentford and Bolton.

Brentford because they received rave reviews for their performances last season, and had looked good on the eye too.

Bolton because their off-the-pitch concerns over what the future is on that is still quite unclear.

Noticed that next weekend, they play each other; if either don't win this weekend - that'll sure be a six-pointer game.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Why? Bournemouth are in the division on merit.

I like Leeds away and I like Elland Road, proper ground, but stopped going because they rip fans off. They ended up charging away fans approx £37. They think they are bigger than what they are. 60s and, especially 70s, they had a great period. In terms of arrogance they are up there with Forest and Wednesday.... I bumped into some at Sheffield station when I was coming back from Manchester United away other week and a group of them were like "ohh look it's fvcking Leicester" lol ... They haven't been in the top flight since 2004 and have spent about four seasons of that in the third tier.

They've got great support and I admire that but Leeds is the third largest City in the Country with one club so it's no wonder they've got great support.

I couldn't give a shit who's in the top flight as long as we're in it. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why? Bournemouth are in the division on merit.

I like Leeds away and I like Elland Road, proper ground, but stopped going because they rip fans off. They ended up charging away fans approx £37. They think they are bigger than what they are. 60s and, especially 70s, they had a great period. In terms of arrogance they are up there with Forest and Wednesday.... I bumped into some at Sheffield station when I was coming back from Manchester United away other week and a group of them were like "ohh look it's fvcking Leicester" lol ... They haven't been in the top flight since 2004 and have spent about four seasons of that in the third tier.

They've got great support and I admire that but Leeds is the third largest City in the Country with one club so it's no wonder they've got great support.

I couldn't give a shit who's in the top flight as long as we're in it. 

Personal preference, that ok with you? For what it's worth I think Leeds are a far more interesting club and an away day at Elland Road is more up my street.

And why the rant if you don't give a sh1t? lol

14 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Personal preference, that ok with you? For what it's worth I think Leeds are a far more interesting club and an away day at Elland Road is more up my street.

And why the rant if you don't give a sh1t? lol

Yeah as I said Elland Road is more up my street too, been plenty of times..... if they've stopped charging ridiculous prices now.

I don't know I just went off on one there. Leeds, ergh.

edit: That was a lie anyway. When I'm looking at away days before the season stars I often want the likes of Villa back. 

Edited by Fox92

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel for Brentford and Bolton.

Brentford because they received rave reviews for their performances last season, and had looked good on the eye too.

Bolton because their off-the-pitch concerns over what the future is on that is still quite unclear.

Noticed that next weekend, they play each other; if either don't win this weekend - that'll sure be a six-pointer game.

Apparently Brentford have been very unfortunate to not get anything in their last two games. 

• Like 1

They've been unfortunate all season. Could have got something out of all of their games. Battered Forest and lost, should have beaten Bristol City, unfortunate to lose first game, could have won at Villa. Didn't deserve a point against Wolves so much mind. I worry for them now, sold a few of their better players late on in the window,(probably to fund the stadium) squad looks thin. Reckon they'll get a win at the weekend against Reading and should beat Bolton tbf. 

I watched the game against them and they played really well. Both teams created loads of chances and it could have gone either way. It was actually refreshing to see two teams trying to play good football. Losing Jota will hurt them though as he was their best midfielder.

They're definitely in a false position down there.

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

I watched the game against them and they played really well. Both teams created loads of chances and it could have gone either way. It was actually refreshing to see two teams trying to play good football. Losing Jota will hurt them though as he was their best midfielder.

They're definitely in a false position down there.

My Wolves supporting mate was telling me you were stitched up by the ref on Tuesday?

Not really. A few fans have been foaming at the mouth about him. He had a very poor second half for BOTH sides. Though he definitely missed a clear penalty for us though in that time. I can't argue with any of his other major decisions really. Their penalty for handball was correct.

We played well enough and had enough chances in the first half to be at least two goals up, so it wasn't the ref's fault we didn't win the game. Their first goal was really, really spawny too.