Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Also a little troll of the two other guys who lost their job yesterday:

It should be difficult for them because Caldwell won 10% of his matches in charge and was relegated whilst Brown won 17% of his matches and was relegated, both sit in the bottom two of the next division down.

One job doesn't necessarily make them bad managers but if you are sacked for being crap, why should you expect to walk straight back in to a tough environment with lots of competition for jobs?

On 16/09/2017 at 19:01, Fox92 said:

Leeds is a one club City with about 400,000 people living there.

West Bromwich has a population of about 70,000 with other big clubs very close by.

And on top of that, when did Leeds last sell out? I've been to Leeds away about 8 times and never once seen it full. Upper tier of east stand is never opened.

West Bromwich's support is also from Dudley, Stourbridge, Tipton, Wednesbury and a few other towns in the Black Country. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Where as Leeds have no fans at all outside the city limits? 

Absolutely not. They of course get fans from the likes of Wakefield, Dewsbury and Wetherby. But they do have a successful Rugger League team what can pull in 15k on average. 

I was pointing out whilst West Brom is a small town of 70k, their catchment area probably totals around 250k to 300k. Until I moved to Birmingham, I didn't realise the Hawthorns is effectively in the city of Birmingham. Most of the Baggies support comes the other side of the M5. 

Completely unrelated but Birmingham is a basketcase for football. 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Absolutely not. They of course get fans from the likes of Wakefield, Dewsbury and Wetherby. But they do have a successful Rugger League team what can pull in 15k on average. 

I was pointing out whilst West Brom is a small town of 70k, their catchment area probably totals around 250k to 300k. Until I moved to Birmingham, I didn't realise the Hawthorns is effectively in the city of Birmingham. Most of the Baggies support comes the other side of the M5. 

Completely unrelated but Birmingham is a basketcase for football. 

West Brom do compete with Viilla (bigger club) and, also from the Black Country, Wolves. Places you talk about previously IE Dudley I imagine are full of Wolves (possibly Walsall) too.

Leeds have support all over the Country. Every time we're at home and they're at home I pass Chiltern Whites on the M1 as they're coming the other way.... And that's Wiltshere isn't it?

I know this has all stemmed from my original post.... I don't think it's fair comparing Leeds to a club like West Brom. This is where comparing attendances should consider geography.... Comparing Leeds to Newcastle, for instance, would be a better example as they're both big Cities with one club.

Edited by Fox92

Heard 'Arry on talksport earlier blathering on, basically putting the blame on the fact that deals weren't done for players he wanted. They brought in about 14 players and broke their transfer record - he's talking shite. He was also moaning about how it was the same team that "nearly went down" - it's also the same team Rowett had in and around the play offs a year ago.

11 hours ago, Tuna said:

Heard 'Arry on talksport earlier blathering on, basically putting the blame on the fact that deals weren't done for players he wanted. They brought in about 14 players and broke their transfer record - he's talking shite. He was also moaning about how it was the same team that "nearly went down" - it's also the same team Rowett had in and around the play offs a year ago.

He's a melt. I was reading recently how Paul Ince thought his managerial methods were archaic even at the turn of the century. The Brum board are evidently complete cretins.

Guest FriendlyRam

He spent 7m on jota ffs

People are saying wolves were the big spenders but birmingham very much competed with them in that department, and we werent far behind with our incomings either,, yet birmingham were s**** and arry cant accept it was his fault,, the media are ridiculous with defending him aswell.

Only wish theyd have kept him on for onemore week :( we play them at home on Saturday.

Guest FriendlyRam

Us and florest nicely tucked away in mid table like I thought we would be

Wolves winning when not playing well is an ominous sign for the rest aswell. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Would rather Sheffield United win but not to bothered as I don't support either.

Just be nice to watch a decent game. Last few Steel City Derbies have lacked something.

I'm the same, no real preference but more partial to United for some reason.

The owner of my company is from Sheffield and her son(my boss) follows both Sheffield teams. I keep telling him he has to pick one or the other lol