Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Guest FriendlyRam
1 hour ago, Koke said:

Whats going on with your boys   @FriendlyRam ? I think it's 1 win in 6 now. 

Not good enough at the moment mate :(. We look at work in progress under rowett though, and given time I think he can get us moving in the right direction,, we need to be patient. But it can a ball ache conceding so many late goals lol

Nice to see us above florest though :) although its cardiff away at the weekend :unsure:

44 minutes ago, Koke said:

You have to give Sunderland credit. They're about to get out of the Championship at first attempt. 

They appear to be gradually declining, and are following Blackburn's situation at this rate.

A strange club, really, with their rather massive stadium but a soulless club springs to mind here.

Edit: It would be Championship-esque if winless Bolton win at high-flying Villa on Saturday..

Bet there are good bets around for Bolton to get something there.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

45 minutes ago, Worthington said:

A fair few of us said in the summer that Sunderland would struggle.

Larry's got one hell of a job on his hands there ..... Lots of deluded SFC fans were convinced they' d do a Newcastle and bounce straight back up! Not a happy camp I'd imagine !

Were they? Some of the stuff on their forum spoke about relegation, and that was in the summer.

12 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Not good enough at the moment mate :(. We look at work in progress under rowett though, and given time I think he can get us moving in the right direction,, we need to be patient. But it can a ball ache conceding so many late goals lol

Nice to see us above florest though :) although its cardiff away at the weekend :unsure:

Will Mel Morris give Rowett the time though? Is he still harping on about the "Derby way"?

3 hours ago, Worthington said:

A fair few of us said in the summer that Sunderland would struggle.

Larry's got one hell of a job on his hands there ..... Lots of deluded SFC fans were convinced they' d do a Newcastle and bounce straight back up! Not a happy camp I'd imagine !

Imagine Sunderland and Blackburn in League One, alongside Exeter City and Accrington Stanley (all potentially, of course)?..

Old and big historic clubs with big grounds, compared to 'community' clubs that fight for every penny to survive etc.

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Will Mel Morris give Rowett the time though? Is he still harping on about the "Derby way"?

They looked awful when I saw them at Ashton Gate a couple of weeks ago. Lethargic with no spark at all. I was really surprised. It felt that there were too many players in the team going through the motions (e.g. Nugent, Vydra, Huddlestone). Collection of individuals and not a coherent unit maybe.

Guest FriendlyRam

Hes gone quiet on that thankfully

We do seem slow thats true, and I do like Ledley but it does seem stupid to add another player with zero pace to our already slow midfield. Johnson, Ledley and Huddleston in a midfield 3 simply isnt going to give other teams nightmares, they are far too slow and easily bypassed.

Rowett needs the time, whether he gets it with MM is unlikely though, he seems adament we should be pushing for promotion this season, and sorry mel but with that squad we aint going anywhere.