Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

We are supposedly signing Rafael Mir for €2m Euros.

He was said to be headed for Real Madrid for their B team. 15 goals in 19 games for Valencia B. Though he has played 8 games for the first team including the Champions League. Nuno gave him his debut I believe.

I know his name as being one of those wonderkids on Champ Manager. Will be an excellent signing, especially for that price. Nothing confirmed yet though but it's all over Twitter and a couple of ITKs said we were signing a Spanish striker soon.

I missed tonight's game as I was out, but another comfortable victory against a decent side. Not seen the goals yet but the first two are supposed to be peaches.

Good player. Do you know if he'll be used as an outright forward or playing wider?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

And it seems their fans have been offered re-fund on their season tickets..

Sure its been a disappointing season - on the of back 2 decent ones but the SW fans have probably seen worse..

Credit to Wolves as no doubt the pundits were ready to stick the knife in over the overseas imports and manager saying "they won't cut it"

Has there been any criticism of the Wolves policy though like there was with ours when the Pozzos came in.

Slightly different I know as we had lots of players on loan from Udinese rather than just buying players outright using contacts. 

Yeah fair play to Wolves. If things had gone wrong the media would have  definitely stuck the knife in with their predictable narrative. 

• Like 2

Has there been any criticism of the Wolves policy though like there was with ours when the Pozzos came in.

Slightly different I know as we had lots of players on loan from Udinese rather than just buying players outright using contacts. 

Mainly fans and journalists who don't understand FFP saying we're gambling on going up, we're buying the league, Mendes is running the club, or we will be in trouble if we don't go up. None of which are true. Yes we've spent money over the last two seasons, but not considerably more than the likes of Boro/Sheff Wed/Derby/Villa. And Mendes isn't employed by us in any way. Just big friends with the owners.

Good player. Do you know if he'll be used as an outright forward or playing wider?

He's a striker. Models himself on Mario Gomez, and some say he's a bit like Edin Dzeko (he's 6ft 2in). He'll be competing with Bonatini for the central role in our front three. He can play on either side in attack though if need be.

• Like 1

Funny, I was just having this conversation on the Wolves Forum. Lots don't like the derbies as they're bad tempered affairs between fans, often moved to Sunday lunchtime with no pubs open. Personally I want them to scrape safety so we can have a good go at them next season. It's been a few seasons since we had one and we owe them!

• Like 1

Question to Bear. Back in the nineties you used to play 'The Liquidator' pre match together with the "**** of West Brom - The Wolves" chant. for some years Chelsea have been playing this and claim a history behind it - although I don't ever recall this at the Bridge when I was growing up in London. This year The Baggies played it prior to Chelsea's potential title clinching game at the Hawthorns to much outrage on social media. They claim that they were the original club to adopt this and historically it is their anthem and it was played to make a point. Is this true and if so, was it adopted at Molineux simply to piss of hard core Baggies supporters? 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not sure to be honest. I vaguely recall WBA used to play it before we did.

West Midlands police banned us from playing it due to inciting bad language.

Perhaps that's why it was stopped at the Hawthornes too. 

35 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Last time I went to Molineux they played Hi Ho silver lining.

Though that was back in 2003, we played you last game of the season we were already promoted and you’d just clinched a play off place if I remember correctly. 

Last time I went in 2006 (2-1 Elvis Hammond and an injury time winner from Levi Porter) they were blasting out Glorious by Andreas Johnson pre-match, half time and full time. Sticks in my mind as being strange.

On 31/12/2017 at 11:54, The Bear said:

Not surprising he's been sacked. Though the Forest fans aren't particularly happy about it.

Trying to get them to play pretty football out from the back is no good when you keep letting in so many goals.

Maybe he'll finally take that green jumper off now too. Tit.

Or when you've got Hobbs and Mills as your centre halves lol 

Guest FriendlyRam
3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Or when you've got Hobbs and Mills as your centre halves lol 

Hed have sorted that out though imo, but managers get no time to really stamp their mark, its a case of get us promoted inside a season or bye bye. Id like to say we're different but if not for us being 2nd atm rowett would be under pressure, he was walking a tight rope earlier in the season whenwe were struggling,, it seems ledley was an great signing on a free tbh, hes been our star performer.

8 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Last time I went to Molineux they played Hi Ho silver lining.

Though that was back in 2003, we played you last game of the season we were already promoted and you’d just clinched a play off place if I remember correctly. 

I was there on Christmas Eve. Didn’t see the game, just doing Christmas shopping for my Wolves-supporting Gran, and they were playing Hi Ho Silver Lining at full time. Muted it for the ‘Silver Lining’ and it was replaced with Wolverhampton.

It actually sounded alright tbf.

Guest FriendlyRam
2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Joe Ledleh is still a bit of a cockmuncher though for that bizarre dance he does after Wales won a game of footy. Like who does he think he is? Really?

Yeah that was a cringe tbh. But if he helps us get promoted he can do it on the pitch as part of his celebration lol

On 03/01/2018 at 16:30, pds said:

Last time I went in 2006 (2-1 Elvis Hammond and an injury time winner from Levi Porter) they were blasting out Glorious by Andreas Johnson pre-match, half time and full time. Sticks in my mind as being strange.

Last time I went was the 4-3 defeat lol Never been back since!

Though I am pleased if Wolves come back up. I'll erase that memory and go again - 15 years is too long to not visit a ground like Molinuex.

Edited by Fox92