Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

No, but I'm well aware that's how it looks to people from the outside.

He is friends and partners with the Chinese owners Fosun International, who have a minority share in his sports agency company Gestifute. Once they bought Wolves they asked him for his services in helping them to find players and staff. Though I'm sure he's also getting a nice agent fee out of the deals too.

They are also good friends with Benfica's president, which explains why we got Helder Costa last season, and continue to be linked with players from Portugal.

6 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No, but I'm well aware that's how it looks to people from the outside.

He is friends and partners with the Chinese owners Fosun International, who have a minority share in his sports agency company Gestifute. Once they bought Wolves they asked him for his services in helping them to find players and staff. Though I'm sure he's also getting a nice agent fee out of the deals too.

They are also good friends with Benfica's president, which explains why we got Helder Costa last season, and continue to be linked with players from Portugal.

Neves is a good signing but Mendes is a dodgy bloke, he's hated by Valencia fans because he was friends with Peter Lim and had too much influence 

Yes but Lim is a nutcase, hiring and firing managers willy nilly, selling star players and sacking club legends from ambassador roles. Yes I realise we've had a few managers under Fosun too but only down to circumstances like avoiding relegation from the second tier. It's not like Valencia would ever be in that sort of position!

If we were a top 6 club in the Prem I may be slightly concerned for sure, but for where we are now it's a massive benefit to us to have an agent like that being able to get Porto's manager and star youngster to come to us.

Mendes does move players around for his own wallet and to benefit clubs he has ties with, but like I said in our current position who are we to be turning down that sort of help.

58 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yes but Lim is a nutcase, hiring and firing managers willy nilly, selling star players and sacking club legends from ambassador roles. Yes I realise we've had a few managers under Fosun too but only down to circumstances like avoiding relegation from the second tier. It's not like Valencia would ever be in that sort of position!

If we were a top 6 club in the Prem I may be slightly concerned for sure, but for where we are now it's a massive benefit to us to have an agent like that being able to get Porto's manager and star youngster to come to us.

Mendes does move players around for his own wallet and to benefit clubs he has ties with, but like I said in our current position who are we to be turning down that sort of help.

In any other world, there'd be "conflict of interests" concerns about that setup. 

'He will always be in my heart': Defoe breaks down over terminally ill fan
https://www.thescore.com/news/1330050
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

https://www.google.ca/amp/news.sky.com/story/amp/bradley-lowery-close-to-going-with-the-angels-10938242

Not sure where to put this but remember this little man and his fight. Hits home because i have a 4 year old. Hope he can pass in peace with as little suffering as possible.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

'He will always be in my heart': Defoe breaks down over terminally ill fan
https://www.thescore.com/news/1330050
(via http://thesco.re/theScore_app )

https://www.google.ca/amp/news.sky.com/story/amp/bradley-lowery-close-to-going-with-the-angels-10938242

Not sure where to put this but remember this little man and his fight. Hits home because i have a 4 year old. Hope he can pass in peace with as little suffering as possible.

It really does put this very sad story into much greater perspective, in general, over a just a game of football played by over-paid professionals.

Defoe, despite the tragic illness affecting the poor lad, should get some praise and respect here - because this his genuine reaction illustrates that earning mass amounts of money in football doesn't stop you from 'being human' and make you stronger than the average person who will also find this sad scenario upsetting.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

4464ead2efa4616d3cbc01448b277ab8.jpg

\o/ Get in.

£15.8m!! A new Championship record fee. Willy Boly (CB ) signed from Porto on loan too. Plus John Ruddy has apparently been signed for GK as well. We're a decent striker away from me putting money on us to go up at this point. I'd love someone like Dwight Gayle. Or even Ulloa.

• Like 1

The worry with owners like they have is that if they spend huge sums and expect instant success straight away but have a disappointing season, the table can turn and things can all of a sudden go towards the worst that could happen from this potential situation - the owners leave unexpectedly, and leaving the club in disarray.

Expect the unavoidable implosion at Wolves when they finish 7th.

Unhealthy amounts of money thrown around in the Championship now. Plus, I'm not sure how to trust that Jorge Mendes fella. Despite the pristine image, he has something shady about him.

The worry with owners like they have is that if they spend huge sums and expect instant success straight away but have a disappointing season, the table can turn and things can all of a sudden go towards the worst that could happen from this potential situation - the owners leave unexpectedly, and leaving the club in disarray.

Well they spent £30m last season and didn't do very well. They'll want to see success with their investment.

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Expect the unavoidable implosion at Wolves when they finish 7th.

Unhealthy amounts of money thrown around in the Championship now. Plus, I'm not sure how to trust that Jorge Mendes fella. Despite the pristine image, he has something shady about him.

Which is why is was great to see Huddersfield go up. They had the budget the same size as Rotherham and you've got clubs like Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday spending £10million+ on players.

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If you've got almost unlimited funds you may as well use them.

Throwing money for players doesn't always guarantee success, though.

Just ask Derby fans in particular.