Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The standard is horrific. 

There are a few sides that knock it around (Brighton last season was okay to watch) but naturally/obviously the PL has such better standard. When we were in the Championship for so long I thought the difference wasn't big but it is.

The Championship has a lot of very good away days but I never want to go down again. In fact, I sit hear pleased I know I'm going to Stamford Bridge tomorrow.

I think things change though. When we were down there it was of a much better standard.

Remember 2009/10? Forest and Cardiff were quality sides that year and didn't even get promoted. Both they, us and Blackpool would have been promoted from the Championship this season and would have stayed up comfortably I imagine.

English football is in the doldrums as far as I'm concerned. But yeh, even 3 seasons ago when we looked certain to go down I was absolutely dreading having to watch us go to Bolton. I remember thinking that specifically lol The Championship is pretty unwatchable at the moment.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 1

Chanpionship is the worst league in england.

If you watch premier league football you pay high prices. But you also watch top players on either side, you visit top modern grounds, and you get (mostly) incisive in depth media too.

With leagues like the vanarama, league 2 and to a lesser extent league 1, the football is bad. Pitches and grounds are bad. But you know that and theres an honesty to the play. People feel connected to their clubs and the action. And the costs are more reasonable.

With the championship, you pay almost premier league prices for 1/3 empty stadiums, for a league full of players who think theyre good enough for the premier league but arent, over the hill players or just plain twats like jack grealish et al, second rate shit derbies like the one tonight are all you have to look forward to, and a shite channel 5 show.

Hope we dont go back there for at least 50 years.

Edited by Donut
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Donut said:

If you watch premier league football you pay high prices. But you also watch top players on either side, you visit top modern grounds, and you get (mostly) incisive in depth media too.

With leagues like the vanarama, league 2 and to a lesser extent league 1, the football is bad. Pitches and grounds are bad. But you know that and theres an honesty to the play. People feel connected to their clubs and the action. And the costs are more reasonable.

With the championship, you pay almost premier league prices for 1/3 empty stadiums, for a league full of players who think theyre good enough for the premier league but arent, over the hill players or just plain twats like jack grealish et al, second rate shit derbies like the one tonight are all you have to look forward to, and a shite channel 5 show.

GREAT POST

12 hours ago, Donut said:

A popular sentiment, but not quite on the money. You'll find tickets of £20+ even down to the Conference.

Sunderland look like they're on the way down to League One.

Meanwhile, Wolves held to a goalless draw at Barnsley, Bristol City continue to crumble under pressure thanks to Maddison's sole goal for Norwich and Derby move up to 2nd spot after beating Brum 3-0.

Leeds suffering from serious injury and suspension woes. Saiz (misses five more games after spitting at a Newport player in the FA Cup), O'Kane now banned, Ayling out for the season, Cbicki injured today, Vieria still out with a knee injury... It's going to be a long season for the Whites.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

A popular sentiment, but not quite on the money. You'll find tickets of £20+ even down to the Conference.

£20+ isnt necessarily bad value for money for a vanarama game. Depends on the game.

When away tickets at hillsbrough and elland were £40+ for visiting teams thats a farce.

Guest FriendlyRam
22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The standard is horrific. 

There are a few sides that knock it around (Brighton last season was okay to watch) but naturally/obviously the PL has such better standard. When we were in the Championship for so long I thought the difference wasn't big but it is.

The Championship has a lot of very good away days but I never want to go down again. In fact, I sit hear pleased I know I'm going to Stamford Bridge tomorrow.

I agree. Sky constantly big up but its poor bar top 6, even then the teams below wolves havent been great and we dont need to be,just keep it simple, keep tight at the back and you have a chance of gaining promotion, we havent had to play that well to be 2nd, its army football. If we went up this season i wouldnt miss a thing about this league, not even the florest games. 

1 hour ago, Donut said:

£20+ isnt necessarily bad value for money for a vanarama game. Depends on the game.

When away tickets at hillsbrough and elland were £40+ for visiting teams thats a farce.

You're joking. £20 for that level of football is a ridiculous price, no matter who's playing. 

You're right on Championship away tickets. Amazed fans in that division haven't done more to lobby for a cap like we've got.

1 hour ago, Donut said:

I think they still do. Sheffield Wednesday are good at ripping fans off, even their own fans - a lot of people I know moan about the pricing structure there.

I love Leeds away but stopped going once they started charging £37. Ipswich were bad too but I believe they've lowered down a bit.

Edited by Fox92

26 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You're joking. £20 for that level of football is a ridiculous price, no matter who's playing. 

You're right on Championship away tickets. Amazed fans in that division haven't done more to lobby for a cap like we've got.

No not joking.

A lot of the top of the league teams in vanarama are arguably better than those in league 2. Look at the numerous examples of teams rising through the leagues.

It costs a tenner to watch a team like coalville town and thats part time goons on a park, so i wouldnt call twenty quid excessive no.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They're both excessive, surely? 

To be honest im probably in the minority but its when prices arent reflective of the standard its the issue for me.

A tenner is not a lot of money. Its a small bet and couple of pints at a leicester game.

Likewise, in the minority im sure but £20 for a premier league game is too LITTLE money to watch a game at this level. Stadiums are all full mostly, loads of people would like to go and cant and will pay to do that.

Its the idea of a championship away ticket at 40 quid thats overpriced. The ground isnt full and the product is at best mediocre. People say theres been good aways in the lower leagues. Yeah.... if making your own amusement in the stand is what you mean.

Wasn't overly impressed by Wolves, looked like a good team throughout but nothing that had me on the edge of my seat. Barnsley rode their luck today but were deserving of a point, good result!

It wasn't the best advert for us yesterday. Very poor first half, but we really should have scored in the second. Jota put the ball over from a yard out! Plus we had two goals ruled out and also hit the bar. We edged it based on chances IMO but Barnsley defended well.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

It wasn't the best advert for us yesterday. Very poor first half, but we really should have scored in the second. Jota put the ball over from a yard out! Plus we had two goals ruled out and also hit the bar. We edged it based on chances IMO but Barnsley defended well.

Unbelievable miss from a yard out, definitely should have scored. Boly is a beast of a man, who's the lad with the bleach blonde hair? He was everywhere but maybe didn't contribute as much as he could have. Good following from your lads.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Unbelievable miss from a yard out, definitely should have scored. Boly is a beast of a man, who's the lad with the bleach blonde hair? He was everywhere but maybe didn't contribute as much as he could have. Good following from your lads.

But is he better than Wes Morgan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Romain Saiss. Moroccan International. Plays on left of a back three for his country and DM for us. He's really upped his game this season playing alongside Neves. Horrendous barnet though. That was its first outing and hopefully its last!

4700 fans there yesterday.

And yeah Boly is a beast! Makes it look ridiculously easy. MorganLite though [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Romain Saiss. Moroccan International. Plays on left of a back three for his country and DM for us. He's really upped his game this season playing alongside Neves. Horrendous barnet though. That was its first outing and hopefully its last!

4700 fans there yesterday.

And yeah Boly is a beast! Makes it look ridiculously easy. MorganLite though emoji6.png

Have you signed Jota permanently now? Or is it a loan off Atletico?

Guest FriendlyRam

Nah not the best game tbh. But these sort of games never are,, we're happy with a point as it keeps bristol city at arms length.

A chance for villa to close the gap mind.