Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Shit weren't we lol dark old days them! People need to be careful what they wish for moaning about what gets served up nowadays. 

No we weren’t shit. We finished in the top six that season. Newcastle had a decent eleven that day including Barton and Nolan in midfield. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No we weren’t shit. We finished in the top six that season. Newcastle had a decent eleven that day including Barton and Nolan in midfield. 

Okay fair point on the whole - but that game we were pretty poor. They had a decent 11 and they were always going to walk the league but we faded out massively in that game. I think Steve Howard had a header on goal but that was about the only chance I can remember. 

Also the point i was trying to make is that compared to now, it was pretty poor in comparison. I understand that period was essential to where we are now but I'm just speaking in general. 

Bloody hell Derby. I wanted them to win tonight to keep Villa in check. All their fans are coming out of the woodwork now they're up to 2nd and are on a winning run. Saying  "Watch out Wolves we're catching you". We should be able to catch them now". "We shouldn't lose another game all season". "If we beat them at home and they drop a few points it'll be squeaky bum time for them". 

They're getting a bit carried away! For a start, they may have won 7 in a row, but 10 games ago they were 11 points behind us. Now they are... 12 points behind us! Lol. So they're not even catching us at all. Just overtaking the rest of the chasing pack. 

They're also forgetting how easily we beat them at Molineux (2-0). Their aging players had absolute rings ran around them by our young European superstars ( ;) ). So the game at their place is no given for them. 

Gah I'm rambling now.  Bloody Derby! 

Edited by The Bear

Guest FriendlyRam

Weve been threatening a loss recently though. 1 win in 6 recently is giving me 2014/15 flashbacks, and that performance the other night was dreadful. We need to hope fulham and villa draw really, dont want fulham catching up.

Hoping wolves win tomorrow to keep us clear of 7th, because we could collapse quickly if we drop back towards preston.

8 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Weve been threatening a loss recently though. 1 win in 6 recently is giving me 2014/15 flashbacks, and that performance the other night was dreadful. We need to hope fulham and villa draw really, dont want fulham catching up.

Hoping wolves win tomorrow to keep us clear of 7th, because we could collapse quickly if we drop back towards preston.

Got sneaky feeling Preston might nick a surprise victory against Wolves today, going to be tight come May I think. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 13/02/2018 at 07:09, Cardiff_Fox said:

We were poor on that particular day. An abject performance where we just tried not to lose. We made ranger, Guthrie and Barton look world class unfortunately

18 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Speaking to a couple of Derby season ticket holders last week and was surprised to hear them say they are not at all impressed with Tom Lawrence, how’s he getting on? 

Just seem Sunderland's Chris Coleman's post match interview on C5.

He looks haunted. 

If you had the sound down, you would think he was a drunk driver talking about a pensioner he really regrets mowing down.

I fear for him.

Sunderland look gone.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Just seem Sunderland's Chris Coleman's post match interview on C5.

He looks haunted. 

If you had the sound down, you would think he was a drunk driver talking about a pensioner he really regrets mowing down.

I fear for him.

Sunderland look gone.

Really struggle to understand Coleman’s logic for taking the Sunderland job. His stock was sky high after his stint with Wales and he chose a team battling relegation from the championship?? Not like he would’ve got a top 6 job in the Prem but defo a realistic shout for someone like WBA, Swansea, Palace, Stoke etc. They must be paying him pretty well is the only reason I can think of.

Guest FriendlyRam
6 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Speaking to a couple of Derby season ticket holders last week and was surprised to hear them say they are not at all impressed with Tom Lawrence, how’s he getting on? 

Lads hit a quiet spell, but hes quality when on form just needs to find it. Rowett has taken him out the firing line recently which is the right thing to do, hopefully when he comes back in he will start firing. But its not just lawrence, our midfield has been dog s*** for weeks and is too slow. Not a lot our wingers can do when getting the ball on the half way, cant expect them to do much there, they need the ball in the final third.

Love how tinpot all the norwich and ipswich fans are going mental over a derby absolutely no one cares about whilst being mid table in an utterly shit league.

You happen to be fairly close to another club? Wow.... a shit little rivalry based on absolutely nothing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Good end to the game. 

You could see how much it meant to both sets of supporters. Great advert for a genuine rivalry in a competitive league.

I would assume this is a sarcastic post. 

If it isnt then.....yikes

6 hours ago, Donut said:

Love how tinpot all the norwich and ipswich fans are going mental over a derby absolutely no one cares about whilst being mid table in an utterly shit league.

You happen to be fairly close to another club? Wow.... a shit little rivalry based on absolutely nothing

Derbies care to the clubs and fans involved, nobody else. 

Clubs represent county in this game too. I can't imagine there's too many Norwich fans in Suffolk etc. 

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Funny seeing Mick McCarthy celebrating saying "f*** off!, f*** off'' in front of the Norwich fans, for them to then equalise at the death.

It was actually towards his own fans who booed a sub minutes before. He will be gone at the end of season. I don’t think Ipswich can expect any more than they currently do but he’s upset the fans there on repeated occasion. It will affect season ticket sales in the summer 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Derbies care to the clubs and fans involved, nobody else. 

Clubs represent county in this game too. I can't imagine there's too many Norwich fans in Suffolk etc. 

It’s a weird one because along the borders there actually is. Norfolk being so huge - Norwich is the only City which offers employment, so you’ll find Norwich fans who work and live in Bury St Edmunds because it’s the biggest place within so many miles of South Norfolk. But overall your point is very valid. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Imagine telling your own fans to fvck off :pearson:

I genuinely thought he said it towards the Norwich fans, as he has quite a grudge on them (like Ipswich fans are to him, quite unnecessarily- as he's done well with quite a small budget compared to other clubs).