Fox92

Championship 2017/18

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

lolat Bristol City. 3-0 up at home against joint bottom of the league and they fvcked it up. 

I said to a Derby fan the other day I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw against Norwich. They play better away from home. 

We nearly messed up today though. Teo up and cruising,  and a scrappy goal from a corner made us start getting a bit panicky in defence. Coady cleared one off the line and we couldn't put the game to bed. Afobe missed a couple of decent chances after coming on. 

Still, 13 points clear with Villa needing to win tomorrow to pull it back to 12. Good job we had that massive "BLIP" where we drew one and lost one, or we'd be 15+ clear. 

Still got the same number of points against a 10 man Sunderland as you did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyRam said:

Id laugh but weve been down here for 10 years now with only the play off final to show for it. Although weve had the collapse seasons which kinda were entertaining in a weird way. This season is shaping up for a grand finale type finish though.

Glad to see F@@@@t lost again today. I fvcking hate them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

lol at Bristol City. 3-0 up at home against joint bottom of the league and they fvcked it up. 

I said to a Derby fan the other day I wouldn't be surprised to see a draw against Norwich. They play better away from home. 

We nearly messed up today though. Teo up and cruising,  and a scrappy goal from a corner made us start getting a bit panicky in defence. Coady cleared one off the line and we couldn't put the game to bed. Afobe missed a couple of decent chances after coming on. 

Still, 13 points clear with Villa needing to win tomorrow to pull it back to 12. Good job we had that massive "BLIP" where we drew one and lost one, or we'd be 15+ clear. 

Well that was a strange old game. Played awful first half and were 3 up. Played awful second half and drew 3-3. Entertaining but my god this league is awful.

1 minute ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Well that was a strange old game. Played awful first half and were 3 up. Played awful second half and drew 3-3. Entertaining but my god this league is awful.

Oh Cattermole was good though. Ran the show second half :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Still got the same number of points against a 10 man Sunderland as you did. 

True, but we weren't three goals to the good. We would have won easily if we were. 

Pissed off I never had a bet on Wolves to win the championship. I thought they looked really good in our pre season friendly so I checked the odds and they were 15/1 to win the league. Can’t remember why I didn’t have a tenner on them but I regret it now :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Pissed off I never had a bet on Wolves to win the championship. I thought they looked really good in our pre season friendly so I checked the odds and they were 15/1 to win the league. Can’t remember why I didn’t have a tenner on them but I regret it now :(

I might stick a tenner on them now, so they don't win it. You can guarantee if I bet on it it won't happen lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Me too. They were 16s when I wanted to bet on us. But I was just waiting for a top striker to sign before I lumped on. We never got one and I waited too long. By the time the window closed we had won our first few games and the odds had been slashed too much. 

• Like 1

I was working at Derby - Norwich yesterday.

James Maddison - sell Mahrez for 60m and gerrrimin for 25m!! Drives forward, confident, tricks in the locker - just needs to stay on his feet a bit more.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Grealish was good today but the commentators were going on like he’s the next Nile Ranger

Be fair, he's at least the next Sammy Ameobi. 

7 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Grealish was good today but the commentators were going on like he’s the next Nile Ranger

lol fantastic reference. I remember that game on sky, literally made him out to be the next Alan Shearer. 

Edited by Manini

22 hours ago, Manini said:

lol fantastic reference. I remember that game on sky, literally made him out to be the next Alan Shearer. 

Tbf we made him look like the next Alan shearer

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

Tbf we made him look like the next Alan shearer

Shit weren't we lol dark old days them! People need to be careful what they wish for moaning about what gets served up nowadays. 

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Shit weren't we lol dark old days them! People need to be careful what they wish for moaning about what gets served up nowadays. 

No we weren’t shit. We finished in the top six that season. Newcastle had a decent eleven that day including Barton and Nolan in midfield. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No we weren’t shit. We finished in the top six that season. Newcastle had a decent eleven that day including Barton and Nolan in midfield. 

Okay fair point on the whole - but that game we were pretty poor. They had a decent 11 and they were always going to walk the league but we faded out massively in that game. I think Steve Howard had a header on goal but that was about the only chance I can remember. 

Also the point i was trying to make is that compared to now, it was pretty poor in comparison. I understand that period was essential to where we are now but I'm just speaking in general. 

Bloody hell Derby. I wanted them to win tonight to keep Villa in check. All their fans are coming out of the woodwork now they're up to 2nd and are on a winning run. Saying  "Watch out Wolves we're catching you". We should be able to catch them now". "We shouldn't lose another game all season". "If we beat them at home and they drop a few points it'll be squeaky bum time for them". 

They're getting a bit carried away! For a start, they may have won 7 in a row, but 10 games ago they were 11 points behind us. Now they are... 12 points behind us! Lol. So they're not even catching us at all. Just overtaking the rest of the chasing pack. 

They're also forgetting how easily we beat them at Molineux (2-0). Their aging players had absolute rings ran around them by our young European superstars ( ;) ). So the game at their place is no given for them. 

Gah I'm rambling now.  Bloody Derby! 

Edited by The Bear

Weve been threatening a loss recently though. 1 win in 6 recently is giving me 2014/15 flashbacks, and that performance the other night was dreadful. We need to hope fulham and villa draw really, dont want fulham catching up.

Hoping wolves win tomorrow to keep us clear of 7th, because we could collapse quickly if we drop back towards preston.

8 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Weve been threatening a loss recently though. 1 win in 6 recently is giving me 2014/15 flashbacks, and that performance the other night was dreadful. We need to hope fulham and villa draw really, dont want fulham catching up.

Hoping wolves win tomorrow to keep us clear of 7th, because we could collapse quickly if we drop back towards preston.

Got sneaky feeling Preston might nick a surprise victory against Wolves today, going to be tight come May I think. 

Edited by Leicesterpool