Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

On 17/02/2018 at 22:32, Yastafox said:

Really struggle to understand Coleman’s logic for taking the Sunderland job. His stock was sky high after his stint with Wales and he chose a team battling relegation from the championship?? Not like he would’ve got a top 6 job in the Prem but defo a realistic shout for someone like WBA, Swansea, Palace, Stoke etc. They must be paying him pretty well is the only reason I can think of.

Be interesting to know if they'll give him a chance if they still get relegated. I don't think the fans can blame him too much about the current demise. I'm no coleman fan, but he's doing his best for what his got.

Football fans are the most precious bunch in the world. Shout abuse at a man for months and sometimes seasons on end yet when they get a bit back the terminally offended come out demanding the man be flogged in public.

Being insulted isn't pleasant, whether it is part of the territory or not. I defy anyone to just accept it with grace. You are dealing with humans, not robots.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Football fans are the most precious bunch in the world. Shout abuse at a man for months and sometimes seasons on end yet when they get a bit back the terminally offended come out demanding the man be flogged in public.

Being insulted isn't pleasant, whether it is part of the territory or not. I defy anyone to just accept it with grace. You are dealing with humans, not robots.

BUT THERE PAYED TO BE PROFESIONHULL

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

A year ago today we were two points above Sunderland. Now they are bottom of the next division and three points behind Burton Albion :nigel:

Coleman's reputation will surely diminish if they do get relegated.

Genuinely thought he'd turn it around there.

On 18/02/2018 at 13:58, Donut said:

Love how tinpot all the norwich and ipswich fans are going mental over a derby absolutely no one cares about whilst being mid table in an utterly shit league.

You happen to be fairly close to another club? Wow.... a shit little rivalry based on absolutely nothing

So what, they are rivals? Why shouldn't they have a rivalry in East Anglia and be passionate about it? Not a lot of big places there and they are 2 clubs with decent histories. Or are both clubs just too middle class for you? Wind your neck in.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Coleman's reputation will surely diminish if they do get relegated.

Genuinely thought he'd turn it around there.

I don't think it will tbh. Sunderland were already in a rotten place, and he joined later in the season. He will avoid any of the blame.

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm not sure why people thought he could turn them around. His club record was always shaky at best. He doesn't have a Gareth Bale to base a team/tactics around so he doesn't have a clue. 

Absolutely this. His next club move was going to make or break him. He is a rubbish club manager and got lucky in one tournament with some fantastic players galvanising an otherwise average team to the semis. Why he picked Sunderland I don't know, but I guess he had a lot of confidence from his spell as Wales.

15 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

So what, they are rivals? Why shouldn't they have a rivalry in East Anglia and be passionate about it? Not a lot of big places there and they are 2 clubs with decent histories. Or are both clubs just too middle class for you? Wind your neck in.

Yep far too middle class. Youve nailed it.

"Wind your neck in".... love it 

lollollol

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How did Reading go from a penalty kick from getting into the Premiership to relegation struggler in no time at all? Pretty well the same squad isn't it?

Seems to happen quite often. Watford did so after the Deeney goal and Sheffield Wednesday this season hardly pulling up trees. I guess it's perhaps a psychological thing of motivating players all over again for another 46 game season. 

Goes to show again how well we did after the Watford game to comeback the following season and storm the division. 

• Like 2