Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

5 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Cardiff 6 points behind Wolves who have a game in hand. 

Wolves look like they have the harder remaining fixtures. They still have to go to Leeds, Villa, Middlesbrough & Cardiff.

I can't see Wolves losing the lead now. But I do think the playoffs are going to be very good. 

10 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Wolves look like they have the harder remaining fixtures. They still have to go to Leeds, Villa, Middlesbrough & Cardiff.

3 points behind now, with Wolves having a game in hand. Wasn't their lead similar to Man City's a month or so back?

I really hope Brentford can sneak into the play-offs. Been down there a couple of times this season, and from what else I've seen of the Championship, them and Fulham are the best teams to watch. They were unlucky at the start of the season but are in great form now.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I hate Warnock has much as everyone else but the job he is doing with Cardiff is incredible. Will be interesting if Wolves fail to win tonight.

I reckon Derby will slip out of the play-offs come the end of the season.

They always seem to have high expectations each season, but tend to rather slide at the end.

On 10/02/2018 at 17:05, The Bear said:

Still, 13 points clear with Villa needing to win tomorrow to pull it back to 12. Good job we had that massive "BLIP" where we drew one and lost one, or we'd be 15+ clear. 

:ph34r:

Still think Wolves will comfortably see it through 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I reckon Derby will slip out of the play-offs come the end of the season.

They always seem to have high expectations each season, but tend to rather slide at the end.

The Sheepshaggers are the perennial bottlers :D lol

47 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Fulham and Villa are in great form as are Cardiff.

Wolves getting a bit worried ?

Not particularly. All teams at the top have gone on runs of wins before. They never last though. Fulham might buck that trend but I doubt the others will. 

14 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

And Cardiff still have to go to Derby, Sheff Utd and Villa. Plus play us at home. Swings and roundabouts. 

We just need to take care of our own business. Make sure we don't lose against Leeds tonight and Villa on Saturday. Then beat Reading and Burton. 

Villa are still 7 points behind in 3rd and we have tonight's game in hand. Plus we play them Saturday. Fulham are 8 points back and have played two more than us. We really shouldn't be worried about anyone other than maybe Cardiff, IF they can keep winning and IF we don't start winning regularly again. 

Neves is back for us against Villa (been suspended) which makes a big difference to us. 

As an aside, I now want Fulham and Cardiff to go up with us. Screw Derby. They are one of the three clubs (along with Leeds and Villa) that have been whining to the league about Mendes being an advisor to Wolves and helping us get players we shouldn't be getting in this league. Even suggesting that we aren't paying them enough! Never heard such bitter nonsense in my life. Those three clubs have spunked money on over-rated players and now want to moan because we have been clever in how we have gotten some great young players at reasonable fees. **** all three of them and I hope they stay down. Villa especially will be screwed with FFP. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Not particularly. All teams at the top have gone on runs of wins before. They never last though. Fulham might buck that trend but I doubt the others will. 

And Cardiff still have to go to Derby, Sheff Utd and Villa. Plus play us at home. Swings and roundabouts. 

We just need to take care of our own business. Make sure we don't losr against Leeds tonight and Villa on Saturday. Then beat Reading and Burton. 

Villa are still 7 points behind in 3rd and we have tonight's game in hand. Plus we play them Saturday. Fulham are 8 points back and have played two more than us. We really shouldn't be worried about anyone other than maybe Cardiff, IF they can keep winning and IF we don't start winning regularly again. 

Neves is back for us against Villa (been suspended) which makes a big difference to us. 

As an aside, I now want Fulgam and Cardiff to go up with us. Screw Derby. They are one of the three clubs (along with Leeds and Villa) that have been whining to the league about Mendes' being an advisor to Wolves and helping us get players we shouldn't be getting in this league. Even suggesting that we aren't paying them enough! Never heard such bitter nonsense in my life. Those three clubs have spunked money on over-rated players and now want to moan because we have been clever in how we have gotten some great young players at reasonable fees. **** all three of them and I hope they stay down. Villa especially will be screwed with FFP. 

Sounds like a fan that is worried about the out come of this Mendes saga to me :ph34r:

Fvck Cardiff and Swansea in the same league again. We've already got Bournemouth, Brighton, Southampton and Newcastle for long distance away days. 

I'd like Fulham to come up. 

Anyone else fancy Milwall for a last minute play off push? 

Looking at previous seasons and that one team who always has a run, they've got all the makings of that team!

Only lost once since January 1st....

51 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Molineux Mix has a thread called 'who do we fancy in the playoffs?' - Wobbly Wolves back again. 

40 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Villa especially will be screwed with FFP. 

A Wolves fan who calls out Derby and Villa on FFP  lol

It’s hard to find a current summary of facts about Wolves and FFP, though the newly announced results are interesting.  https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/03/07/wolves-reveal-huge-loss-in-latest-accounts/

2015-16 (pre-Fosun): £5.8m pre-tax profit

2016-17: £23.2m pre-tax loss

2017-18: will surely see a larger loss

I thought the threshold for Championship clubs invoking FFP penalties is a £39m three-year running loss?  Fosun and Wolves should smash that barrier across 2015-18.

Is this the next step in a post-Abramovich era where foreign owners sitting on billions in investable capital, are happy to place a bet by flouting FFP?  You run the risk of incurring a sizable penalty, but the potential rewards are so much greater.  If Wolves are just re-established as a mediocre, safe PL side, they will pull in over £100m per year.

Maybe the Sris were among the first to perceive this, on a smaller scale.  But they were making a lot of things right for a club in financial straits, at a personal risk (assuming massive debt) much greater than just an FFP fine.  And the rules allow for some conversion of debt to equity.  Fosun simply appear to be throwing more money at a profitable club than is allowed. 

We won't break FFP this season. We can lose nearly £20m again this season, before you factor in nearly £10m in transfer fees from player sales, which go on the accounts in full, rather than being amortised across their contracts like incoming transfers. 

If we didn't go up then we'd have to be careful next season. But we'd likely lose players like Neves and Jota anyway if that happened so that would be problem solved financially. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Molineux Mix has a thread called 'who do we fancy in the playoffs?' - Wobbly Wolves back again. 

Bunch of retards on there akin to radio phone-in types. "The Wolves Forum"  has more sensible people. 

Edited by The Bear

In an ideal world, hope to see Fulham, Villa and Ipswich via the playoffs :)

In reality it will be Wolves plus one of Fulham or Cardiff and the team that finishes 3rd out of those two or Villa taking the playoffs

@FriendlyRam - Derby massively on the slide, my mate who supports Derby has turned on Rowett in a big way, he was never that keen on Rowett because of the style of play and now you're not getting results he wants him out - is that reflective of most DCFC fans?

Guest FriendlyRam
2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

In an ideal world, hope to see Fulham, Villa and Ipswich via the playoffs :)

In reality it will be Wolves plus one of Fulham or Cardiff and the team that finishes 3rd out of those two or Villa taking the playoffs

@FriendlyRam - Derby massively on the slide, my mate who supports Derby has turned on Rowett in a big way, he was never that keen on Rowett because of the style of play and now you're not getting results he wants him out - is that reflective of most DCFC fans?

I know a lot of our fans who want him out because the football is "painful to watch", its ok when getting results, people look past the style. I would like him to stay and try and turn it around, or at least get another pre season to get out the rest of the deadwood and sort this dreadful midfield out. Can't see Mel putting up with this for much longer though, he's never been one for patience and this is an alarming down turn in form, 1 win in 9 and no win in 6, add in the dreadful style and poor performances and its not looking good for Rowett. 

But... We do it every season, its become 'a thing', and it can't be blamed on just the manager now, its the club as a whole sadly.