Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Guest FriendlyRam

Always dread playing Mick Mccarthy sides. He's done a pretty decent job at Ipswich as well, similar to Nigel Clough with us, no money to spend but kept them around the playoff places and out of trouble. Away to a Mick side..... Horrible!.

Guest FriendlyRam
43 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Are they blaming the postponed match at your gaff for missing two penalties against Wolves in all?

No but maybe that's what did it? that lost momentum meant the ball hit the crossbar? lol 

Fulham would make a real go of it in the prem though, Good footballing side with a good young manager. Similar to Wolves really, both have decent squads already and would only be adding to that with the big money they'd be getting. Still work to do for Fulham though, Cardiff do have the game in hand against us...

8 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Millwall win again, really hope they go up. 

Wolves, Fulham & Millwall 3 decent away days. @The Bear do you still put away fans down the side of the pitch? 

If they only ask for a small initial allocation they go in the upper corner of the new Stan Cullis/North Bank stand. If they ask for more or a bigger initial lot then they go along the bottom side like always. 

11 hours ago, Corky said:

I really hope Mick said "**** this, I'm off, cheerio you ungrateful cvnts" in his press conference.

ipswich-town-mick-mccarthy.jpg?w=300&h=2

Have to say I can understand where the Ipswich fans are coming from here.

Mick plays pretty dire football, let's be honest, and Ipswich aren't such a small team they need to resort to hoofball to stay in the division (ie Burton). It must be depressing to watch terrible percentage football week after week and only get mid table out of it.

Plus, they are renowned for always having been an attractive passing team and I think their fans expect that.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Have to say I can understand where the Ipswich fans are coming from here.

Mick plays pretty dire football, let's be honest, and Ipswich aren't such a small team they need to resort to hoofball to stay in the division (ie Burton). It must be depressing to watch terrible percentage football week after week and only get mid table out of it.

Plus, they are renowned for always having been an attractive passing team and I think their fans expect that.

Are they renowned for that? Maybe forty years ago. He took them over after Paul Jewell about ruined them, got them steady, then in the play offs and always being reasonably competitive in a tough division without spending much at all.

It's fine to want change and a bit of a freshen up after six years, but the way he's been treated by their fans prior to, and during his exit has been ridiculous. If they expect someone else to come in and do a better job on the same budget they'd better hope they strike gold with who they get in next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Neil Harris has done fantastically well with Millwall. Gone under the radar with Cardiff doing well but I thought they were relegation favourites. Will be funny to see Millwall make the premier league executives nervous.

I'd love Millwall to get in to the Prem. The prawn sandwich munchers at Arsenal etc. won't know what's going on.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Are they renowned for that? Maybe forty years ago. He took them over after Paul Jewell about ruined them, got them steady, then in the play offs and always being reasonably competitive in a tough division without spending much at all.

It's fine to want change and a bit of a freshen up after six years, but the way he's been treated by their fans prior to, and during his exit has been ridiculous. If they expect someone else to come in and do a better job on the same budget they'd better hope they strike gold with who they get in next.

Roy Keane basically spent the club's parachute payments and used their owner as a piggy bank. We've seen clubs in plenty of circumstances go in one direction after that. He's done well to get them in the top half of the table most of the time plus as you say a play-off semi too. 

27 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Love Millwall as an away day. There aren't many bad ones in London if you're going by train.

Agree. I even enjoyed trips to Charlton.

Really hope Fulham come up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Roy Keane basically spent the club's parachute payments and used their owner as a piggy bank. We've seen clubs in plenty of circumstances go in one direction after that. He's done well to get them in the top half of the table most of the time plus as you say a play-off semi too. 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I agree with both of this and maybe it will come to bite them in the arse but I can see the fans point of view for wanting him gone and a manager who plays good football and bloods youngsters in - they have a good academy by all accounts.

No condoning the treatment of Mick though of course that's pretty disgusting and a shame as I always liked them as a fanbase on the whole.

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Roy Keane took over 7 years after Ipswich were relegated.

• Haha 1

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Think they just need a point from their final four games (starting against home to Birmingham) to get it confirmed.

We needed 5 before tonight. So 2 more if we win. Then beat Birmingham on Sunday and we are both promoted and win the league, no matter what Fulham/Cardiff do. 

• Thanks 1

Guest FriendlyRam

I'd take a 1-0 loss lol 

That way we don't look like we've been hammered and we can say we were slightly unlucky maybe?!?!

Its the next 5 after this that we need to focus on