Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

42 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

I heard him being slaughtered in the crowd against Bournemouth for being greedy.

We play like we do now, without a Mahrez, we are relegation fodder. He gets us up the pitch and relieves pressure on an ever deep and aging back line.

going to cancel my season ticket and bung £50 on us being relegated.

:wave:

I wish him all the best and all, it was a privilege watching him at times, especially last season of course.

But he talks about ambition and 'helping us' as if he's carried us all season when in fact the opposite is true.

I totally get that players have desires of playing at the very top, i.e. the Champions League, but that is, in reality, the reason he stayed. Had we not been in Europe he'd have gone last summer so it's a bit rich making out he stayed for our benefit.

Any educated Leicester fan would have realised he was going at the end of this season. While he will be missed, hes not irreplaceable. I think luxury players are easier to replace and we have a couple of potential options waiting in the wings. Time for Demarai to step up! Personally I'd be more worried if Jamie or Kasper left. Good luck Marhez

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

I really hope he's trolling. 

Of course I ducking am, and if I am not, I apologise, as I have just been kidnapped by Rudkin and sent to Iran to get Kaebi back :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not saying reject any offer and don't let him go at all.

I'm saying let him go, with blessing, but only for what he's worth, what we value him at and don't budge.

The 'Gentleman's Agreement' works both ways and I don't feel he has really tried that much this year, he's certainly not played as well as he can and the attitude thing is an easy thing to throw at him because he's always been laid back and relaxed but when he's not performing as I say it's an easy thing to throw at him.

The fact he hasn't kept up his side of the bargain, not seemed to do any of those things doesn't go in line with the said gentleman's agreement.

I can't see anyone being interested in him for more than £35m, maybe that was the agreed price, i'll be fuming if it was but it's just by typical that it was for us, probably less.

People saying there must be clubs interested in him to come out with this statement i'm not sure I agree, to me it's almost a 'oh shit, no-one seems to bothered, lets issue a come and get me plea'.

That's what i thought, why come out and say you've asked to leave if something's already been sorted and if it's not, why say anything. I think he's asked to leave and the owners have declined his request, so his agents gone to the press.

Will always to be a legend for his huge part of the 2015/2016 miracle season and his amazing technical abilities. But you could sense all season, that the motivation after last season climax has gone, so he needs a new challenge. Wish him all the best and bloody hope, that we do not get shafted in the transfer market again, but we probably will...

No surprise really and not really that disappointed. It's been clear for some time he hasn't looked at it. I think he originally wanted to go last summer but choose to stick around because of the champions league plus the money.

Such a shame. A hugely talented player and the most skillful I have ever seen playing for the Foxes. Hard to reach the form that made him Footballer of the Year and us the champions of England. This season has not gone well at all and at times we have played with ten men. However, I wish him well and really hope its abroad he goes as i could not bear to see him playing down here at KP against us. 

If i was Jon Rudkin, I would send out a statement saying we'll accept any offer over 50 million for Mahrez.

Can you imagine it? Every Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Man U and Chelsea fan pleading for their club owners to spend the cash to land Mahrez?

A club will eventually pay-up that sort of money for the 2015-16 premier league player of the year, especially if they get off to a poor start next season.

He's been phenomenal by anyone's standards for the price we paid for him. The man should not be subject to any form of abuse from anyone due to the wonderful memories he's created at this club.

?

Hardly a surprise, we all knew it was coming.

Probably the most technically gifted player i`ve seen play for us, although personally for me his inconsistency means he wasn`t the best player i`ve seen play for us .

I was really chuffed that he stayed at the beginning of this season, but i kind of wish he had gone at the end of last season now, and he would have left us with the memories of his genius from last season, rather than his lacklustre displays of this season.

Money wise we would have probably have got more at the end of last season too, and for him personally, he may have got a bigger and better move than he may end up with now.

I think he stayed because a part of him felt it was the right thing to do, and that he owed us one more season, but sadly i think it was plain to see fairly early on, that his heart wasn`t really in it this season, and he was probably regretting his decision to stay, and certainly at times it looked as if he was  counting the days down to the end of the season, and a move away.

He is a fantastic player though, and on his day is pretty much unplayable, and i feel privileged to have been able to say that i saw him play for us, i wish him well, and hope he goes on to win many more trophies, but not with another Premier league team hopefully!

When he signed his new contract last season, it was said there was no buy out clause, so hopefully that is the case, and we should certainly not be letting him go for less than 40 million in my opinion, although him stating that he wants to leave will hardly drive his selling price up, which is not going to help in negotiating what we as fans would see as a fair price.

Effectively played with 10 men for most of this season when he played.

This is going to hit the owners wallet when he goes for a reduced fee.

Shame.  

Great chance for Gray to step up next season and hopefully we can bring in adequate replacements to add competition.

Just now, smudger63 said:

Hardly a surprise, we all knew it was coming.

Probably the most technically gifted player i`ve seen play for us, although personally for me his inconsistency means he wasn`t the best player i`ve seen play for us .

I was really chuffed that he stayed at the beginning of this season, but i kind of wish he had gone at the end of last season now, and he would have left us with the memories of his genius from last season, rather than his lacklustre displays of this season.

Money wise we would have probably have got more at the end of last season too, and for him personally, he may have got a bigger and better move than he may end up with now.

I think he stayed because a part of him felt it was the right thing to do, and that he owed us one more season, but sadly i think it was plain to see fairly early on, that his heart wasn`t really in it this season, and he was probably regretting his decision to stay, and certainly at times it looked as if he was  counting the days down to the end of the season, and a move away.

He is a fantastic player though, and on his day is pretty much unplayable, and i feel privileged to have been able to say that i saw him play for us, i wish him well, and hope he goes on to win many more trophies, but not with another Premier league team hopefully!

When he signed his new contract last season, it was said there was no buy out clause, so hopefully that is the case, and we should certainly not be letting him go for less than 40 million in my opinion, although him stating that he wants to leave will hardly drive his selling price up, which is not going to help in negotiating what we as fans would see as a fair price.

Can't think of one game he was 'unplayable ' in, in the whole of last season? 

Archived