Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

1 hour ago, ImBlue said:

I heard him being slaughtered in the crowd against Bournemouth for being greedy.

We play like we do now, without a Mahrez, we are relegation fodder. He gets us up the pitch and relieves pressure on an ever deep and aging back line.

going to cancel my season ticket and bung £50 on us being relegated.

Of course you are!

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can't think of one game he was 'unplayable ' in, in the whole of last season? 

Well i meant as in, at times in a game he is pretty much unplayable, i`m not sure i have ever seen a player that hes been unplayable for 90 minutes.

Honestly feel its best for both him and the club. It will give us an opportunity to freshen up. 50 million has to be the price only afforded by the big boys.

Only issue is will he be wanted because i dont believe he is as good as he thinks he is. 

He will be a big part of our history and I have great respect for him but we must move him out before pre season. Would like a deal done asap.

Not surprised at all, hopefully we can sort this out soon and have plenty of time to look for a replacement, however hard that will be. A saga dragging on isn't in anyone's best interests.

He's been brilliant for us but this day was inevitable.

Having watched some really great players and teams over the years would agree he was one of the most skilled players we've had

But then you go back to the Bloomfield, Milne , O'Neill era's. They may not have had the skills but god there were some legends in there.

Interested to see what fee we ask for him (insert Rudkin joke here) and who will bid for him. Hope he goes abroad as I'd hate to see him bang in the inevitable hat trick against us after some melts boo him. 

24 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Effectively played with 10 men for most of this season when he played.

This is going to hit the owners wallet when he goes for a reduced fee.

Shame.  

Great chance for Gray to step up next season and hopefully we can bring in adequate replacements to add competition.

Well not really, paid £400,000 and get £30 million + a premier league win and 4 years where you don't have to buy someone in that position, plus the shirt sales. I'd say they were quids in. 

Respect his being straightforward and giving us good time to readjust.  He's not, in my view, the best player to wear our shirt but he has been brilliant at times and has made a massive contribution to our unprecedented success these recent seasons so he will leave with my best wishes as a player who gave many of us enormous pleasure with his skills and many important moments to remember.

His statement won't come as a surprise to anyone at the club and I just hope we've properly prepared for it and can somehow move on and surprise a few by being ever the stronger.       

Got to laugh at the half-bitter comments some have made on here.

Him winning the POTY last season has obviously made him a target.

Fall short of last season's numbers and performances and he'll get criticised.

Just forget where he came from and how he didn't exactly set the league alight during our great escape season, only compare him to last season's unreal achievements.

In today's market I hope he will fetch £35m plus, but when a player publicly states he wants out, it does give the club less leverage.

I do not believe we can replace him like for like.

But I simply do not trust Gray to step up, so I would hope CS and co have already made large inroads towards getting an a replacement.

38 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

He's been a great player, there's no doubting that and I'll be sad to see him go, however I am somewhat disappointed with the way he's conducted himself this season.

Fans react to what they see - a lot of players would have taken worse for some of Mahrez's efforts this season.  

No great surprise - and he has looked a tad disinterested in some of the games recently. (Not just the early ones where everyone was woeful).

I'll miss him sending 30,000 people the wrong way with one of his turns, though 

Thanks. Good luck. Move on.

Without going so far as to say he got found out, clearly doubling up on him and keeping tight is significantly effective in stopping him, and any team who can do this with a modicum of efficiency will keep him quiet. I'm sure he's personally a bit sheepish at some of the muck that's had him gagged in games in the season just gone.

Obviously that's something teams can focus on more with him playing for us given that we only have 1 other consistent goal threat in the side. If he goes to a top team of course there'll be a number of other dangerous players in the side for defenders to focus on, so doubling up on him just won't be possible for 90 minutes.

Cant say im happy. My heart says honour your bloody contract knob end but he has tasted success, been awarded for it and now wants it all the time. Its like getting poontang for the first time. Need it more and now now now.

Im saddened to see him leave but he didn't have a great season for us so might be the best time to let him go. We all knew deep down he was going to leave so is what it is. Great player for us and always will remember the time he was with us.

I just hope we dont let him go for anything. If we dont get what we want he has to stay simple.  If that value  is £30 mill so be it. Id like more but definetly not less.

Goodluck and please feck off to a non english team lol i couldnt handle seeing him in a spurs, arsenal or chelsea shirt. 

Archived