Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

Gutted but not all that surprised, just hope we have the cahones to hold out. Anything less than £40 million isn't enough imo.

All the best Riyad, it has been an absolute pleasure watching you.

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Gutted but not all that surprised, just hope we have the cahones to hold out. Anything less than £40 isn't enough imo.

All the best Riyad, it has been an absolute pleasure watching you.

Dunno man, if he goes for 50 quid I'll be livid.

Some of these comments are so disrespectful it is quite literally unbelievable.

Many thanks for the memories Riyad, the most skilful player I've seen in a City shirt, not sure many can argue with that :thumbup:

Never even had a classy chant for him .... his own one ... Any player that puts in a shocking season like he does is a liability really and 40/50m is a good deal 

talented yes

the most talented NO 

frustrating Yes

The most frustrating NO

missed Yes 

The Most missed NO   

Cheerio .... and enjoy the bench at arsenal , your ass will be sat on it plenty  

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

Never even had a classy chant for him .... his own one ... Any player that puts in a shocking season like he does is a liability really and 40/50m is a good deal 

talented yes

the most talented NO 

frustrating Yes

The most frustrating NO

missed Yes 

The Most missed NO   

Last season I'd have been devastated.... this season id be more worried if Simpson left... and given my past feelings towards him that says a lot! 

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Now that's a club drawing a line in the sand ! 

"Listen son , you can go with our blessing but only if someone pays the £50m your worth .... so tell your spiv agent to pull his finger out and get someone to pony up the cash or your here for next 3 years ! "

Au revoke Riyad. Sad,but not unexpected. At times a sheer joy to watch. Cambiasso, arguably, was more consistent but Maghrez with his goals, assists and outrageous talent, at times was deserving of the PFA.

I thought we would bomb when Cambiasso left, but if memory serves me right we did ok ....... ??

5 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

talented yes

the most talented NO 

frustrating Yes

The most frustrating NO

missed Yes 

The Most missed NO   

who's been the club's most talented player in your eyes?

I'm not too disappointed. The relationship has run its course. I'm not sure he has too much to offer LCFC anymore. Too easily marked out of the game as oppos know he's number one supply line to Vardy. 

He may profit better in a team with other threats as then he can't be totally double teamed. Then again the little Wizard could try and work a little harder I.e adapt to the situation.

All the best Riyad.

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

He gave us another season when many others wouldn't have. Thank you Riyad. The greatest player I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

He gave us about 65-70% of an extra season.  

Not bothered that he's going just as long as we get a good price.  An absolute magician on his day but how many days has he had recently?

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Fans react to what they see - a lot of players would have taken worse for some of Mahrez's efforts this season.  

Couldn't agree more Thracian. He's been lucky that he had so much cash in the bank from the previous season, otherwise I don't think he'd have started as many games as he did last season.

I'll be forever thankful for his efforts and contribution in helping us to win the PL but I genuinely can't deny the fact that I'm sad that he hasnt gone out on a high.

Honestly he probably has been the most talented footballer to ever play for Leicester and has given us some great memories.  If it's true there is no buyout clause, then we should hold out for big offers.

Let's not look back in anger, he is a legend here after all. Personally I hope he goes abroad.

17 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Some of these comments are so disrespectful it is quite literally unbelievable.

Many thanks for the memories Riyad, the most skilful player I've seen in a City shirt, not sure many can argue with that :thumbup:

I think he disrespected the club by not putting in a proper shift all season.  We all know what he can do....if he wants to.

Kante never wanted to be here and wanted to leave but at least no one can ever say he never gave 100% every time he stepped onto the pitch.

He helped give my club something I never could of dreamed achieving, I personally can't hold a grudge against him wanting to go.

I hope, like a few have said, he goes abroad but I guess we'll see what unfolds.

Thanks for the memories Riyad

528985664.jpg?w=700

dorsett didn't cover himself in glory when he tweeted there was no kante to Chelsea deal in progress. not his fault the club hung him out to dry. suspect this is the club posturing to try and ensure they don't get screwed on any deal. perhaps riyad publically stating he wants to leave is putting his loyalty payment on one side of the equation.  

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

lol

People on here act like he was completely abysmal.

He played a huge role in ensuring we made it out of the group stage and were able to enjoy the games against Sevilla and Madrid.

Agree...I still dont understand, the damn silly idea he had an attitude problem.

Like many players of his ilk, his body stance, his nonchelant swagger through a game, is what makes these players.

Hes Not guilty of his body language, its that what makes him...!!

We tried to make too much of his defensive duties...ha bloody ha, he shouldnt of been anywhere near the backline!!

That was Ranieris then Shakespeares failure...

Bad season,10 goals   in this team!!!  Still on this forum a truelly underrated player.

Any criticism, far way OTT.

RIYAHD MAHREZ you little Algerian wizard....you go at least with ALL my blessings and no buts.

Some are incapable of reading Genius....!!

Archived