Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

Regards Arsenal interest, what does Rob Dorsett's tweet mean in regard to "won't sell unless bid matches his standing in European football."

Am I being thick? Does that mean - Won't sell unless bid matches his ambitions of European football/Champions League - i.e - a team Champions League?

Because if that's what it does mean a move to Arsenal is a no go because whilst they have Europa League, still European football but it ain't no Champions League that Mahrez has ambitions of.

3 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Gutted, really am. The best player ever to wear at LCFC shirt and its been an absolute plessure watching him play. We will miss him more than anyone else in the team. You wont relise what we had until he has gone!

The most gifted and skilful of our players no doubt.

Great last year, underwhelming this and contrary to this opinion he is not our most valuable player in terms of what he does for the team. 

That accolade goes to JV.

His stats this year prove that - far from irreplaceable hope we can get a decent fee after what he's offered this season.

Big Mahrez fan and will be sad to see him leave especially announcing it now and not before last game of the season so fans can give him a farewell. 

Been obvious he wanted to leave all season so no surprise to see chairman convinced him to stay, he has only turned up in champions league which would be to prove he is good enough to other teams. 

No buy-out so hold out for a big fee or else he is staying. Anything less than £50m and I'll be disappointed. Prefer to sell abroad to and not to a London team which I'm guessing will be his priority. 

Will mean First team football for Gray. 

Wonder what will happen to Slim now!? 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Regards Arsenal interest, what does Rob Dorsett's tweet mean in regard to "won't sell unless bid matches his standing in European football."

Am I being thick? Does that mean - Won't sell unless bid matches his ambitions of European football/Champions League - i.e - a team Champions League?

Because if that's what it does mean a move to Arsenal is a no go because whilst they have Europa League, still European football but it ain't no Champions League that Mahrez has ambitions of.

Possibly Matt. I read it as in he's one of the best players in Europe and therefore the club won't sell unless the money is in line with the sort of money being spent on the continent's best footballers. E.g. £40m +

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Possibly Matt. I read it as in he's one of the best players in Europe and therefore the club won't sell unless the money is in line with the sort of money being spent on the continent's best footballers. E.g. £40m +

Yeah that makes more sense.

And encouraging, let's hope they club stay strong and to their word.

I reiterate once again, he can go, with my blessing, but only for the right money.

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I would imagine that it's possibly both - example being that it's unlikely you have the funds unless you are a CL type of side.

Can fully see him still being here next season because realistically where is he going to go

there is only a handful of clubs in Europe who could pay the reported £40/50 million fee and do any of them need a player like him 

If he wants to leave then fine.. But it be on our terms and for the maximum amount of cash. The interests of LCFC must take priority over anything else..  We cannot get dicked over again like we did we Kante.. In Dudkin we trust.

Just hope it doesn't drag on too long. It's painful enough waiting for someone to sign let alone leave! We need to settle ship fairly quickly (manager officially sorted and players who are going to leave gone) and get set for pre season 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Yeah I read that too. I'm really not likeing the idea of seeing riyad in an arsenal shirt.

At least we know if we stick 2 players on him he won't be able to do **** all (semi joking) :P

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

No surprise in this news. He's done great for Leicester City but unfortunately he has been a shadow of his former self this season. Time to move on.

With all the comments on this thread, this simple one sums it up perfectly.

Firstly, Riyad - all the best, thank you for time here with us, it's been a great journey and you were a major part of our success - so thank you so much for everything :thumbup:

One of the best players to pull on a City shirt without a doubt :scarf:

Like others have said hopefully Riyad will bag himself a decent move abroad to a Champs League side - and we can hopefully get 40m + and it's really an alright end for everyone.

However removing emotion from the situation i'm actually not too concerned if he does move to another Premier League side - and actually if Arsenal offered us 50m, i'd snap their hand off over every other side. That might sound a bit mental - but we've seen Riyad for a few seasons now and it's very apparent that when the mentality "behind the doors" as such begins to get a bit more tough/challenging his personal performances suffer. In an Arsenal side where he is a potential replacement for a Sanchez i can only see performances like we saw this season for us, he wouldn't be a threat in that sort of an environment. Riyad plays at his best when he is loved by a club and his team-mates and allowed to be himself, I can't see that happening at Arsenal, otherwise surely they'd have seen us off for the league title last year. But of course that is just one example.

I'm not wanting to sound bitter or negative by saying that but it's probably a reason why i'm content if we can get the right sort of money that yes - it is time for him to depart.

Riyad needs to be VERY careful where he moves next, this group he's been with are tight and close - other "bigger" clubs aren't that way at all - and an iscolated and miserable Riyad won't lead to his career improving, it'll do the opposite (and if that happens he could very well end up back here ironically a few years down the line)

Good luck to him though.

Archived