Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

Feels like the end of an era of having un-earthed some real talent in him and Kante and them both gone.

Hope Kasper stays.

Good luck to Mahrez.  Shame he didn't spark this season.  Last season he was incredible.

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

By announcing it like this he is being as upfront and straight with everybody. He won the league, he stayed for one more year and now he wants to leave. He is not misleading anyone. 

Don't understand why you would be "disappointed" by the way he has announced it?

Because there is no need to do it, all he needs to do is raise it with the club. His statement is nothing more than a tool to help buying teams get a cheaper deal by attempting to force through a move.

It could also hamper the clubs attempts to sign players, with them perhaps now thinking twice if the club loses one of their high profile players.

It is a selfish piece of shit move in my opinion, he wants to go... fine. But don't do it through the press.

Having had the feeling for some time that it was inevitable that he would go the end of this season, the thought of Chelsea offering players plus cash has kinda got me excited for this transfer malarkey.

Thank you Riyad, will never ever forget what you helped contribute but just like Claudio, no one player is bigger than my club!

Sigh. Well this is awful for Leicester. Still, hoping the money he'll bring us from the fee could allow us to buy a few players and ensure LCFC remains a Prem League team. We need to fix our defense and midfield bad, especially our wings now that Mahrez is gone. Also, does this mean we'll be actively looking to sell Slimani?

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because there is no need to do it, all he needs to do is raise it wish the club. His statement is nothing more than a tool to help buying teams get a cheaper deal by attempting to force through a move.

It could also hamper the clubs attempts to sign players, with them perhaps now thinking twice if the club loses one of their high profile players.

It is a selfish piece of shit move in my opinion, he wants to go... fine. But don't do it through the press.

Agreed,  "I've always enjoyed a good relationship with the Chairman" then why would you need to release a statement. Surely you know his a man of his word?

Its nothing more than a power play from Mahrez and his agent to start the low bidding and the associated press that comes with it that will hopefully seal his move.

Must of been desperate to leave ASAP.

5 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Feels like the end of an era of having un-earthed some real talent in him and Kante and them both gone.

Hope Kasper stays.

Good luck to Mahrez.  Shame he didn't spark this season.  Last season he was incredible.

And we'll do it again.  Ndidi looks like a real find, maybe Barnes can be special, who knows what is around the corner.

I am not at all bothered by him wanting to go.  Lets be honest, he didn't turn up this year anyway.  Lets get someone more consistent on the wing.

It's a big shame as he clearly has illustrated that he has great talent when he wants to, and obviously possibly a big hole to try and cover, but have felt he hasn't been the happiest since the turn of the year.

Wish him all the best.

16 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I'm sure winning the league and finishing Player of the Year with little old Leicester had something to do with it.

He chose to sign a contract extension, wonder how long that was before he told them he wanted to leave.

He is on record saying he wanted to leave end last season. Then he 'changed his mind'. Well he didn't really - he was told he couldn't leave and he wasn't minded to force a sale, preferring to take the new contract and give the club that made his reputation another year whilst In the champions league. 

I despair at Twitter. If you took the general consensus then there are literally about 3 good players ever. The rest are either one season wonders, frauds, shit or all three. 

I know these are virgins on the wind up for retweets, but it's pathetic how many real Leicester fans are slagging a Premier League winner that won PFA Player of Year. There's a general delusion that Demarai Gray will automatically fill his boots straight away (if ever). 

I really cant be arsed with football fans sometimes. The ones saying good riddance to Mahrez are probably same idiots moaning about our lack of loyalty to Ranieri. I hope he goes on to great things at anywhere other than a Arsenal or Spurs. 

No surprise but reading it initially shocks. Its the right time for player and club to graciously move on. Player gets his big move and we are very well compensated. Its really as black and white as that. My hope is the owners and club continue to kick on and invest and we become a solid Premier League side with many more new highs to follow.

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I despair at Twitter. If you took the general consensus then there are literally about 3 good players ever. The rest are either one season wonders, frauds, shit or all three. 

I know these are virgins on the wind up for retweets, but it's pathetic how many real Leicester fans are slagging a Premier League winner that won PFA Player of Year. There's a general delusion that Demarai Gray will automatically fill his boots straight away (if ever). 

I really cant be arsed with football fans sometimes. The ones saying good riddance to Mahrez are probably same idiots moaning about our lack of loyalty to Ranieri. I hope he goes on to great things at anywhere other than a Arsenal or Spurs. 

The people who think gray can replace Mahrez annoy me :vardy:

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because there is no need to do it, all he needs to do is raise it wish the club. His statement is nothing more than a tool to help buying teams get a cheaper deal by attempting to force through a move.

Also, he'll get a smoother reaction by doing it this way instead of "sources" saying he's put in a transfer request which hardly ever goes down well with fans.

Not surprised one bit, however, some of his performances last season were bordering disgraceful. Not done the club any favours in his value going up from what it potentially was/could be,

Good luck to him, but we can do without him

Lets hope the club dont let him leave for anything short of 40 odd million

I don't think we'll miss him. If he'd played like last season in 16/17, this would be tough to swallow. But this is roughly a mid-table club without the outstanding Mahrez we got in 15/16. Sky isn't exactly falling, but I would nonetheless not sell unless we get a good offer. Figure 40 million is the buy now price, or he can be had for best offer 35 or over otherwise. If it is slow bidding, hold him and maintain the line that we aren't selling him unless we get a fair price and let his agent get to work on clubs, someone will show up desperate late in the window having struck out on top choice players to pay his fee.

I am hopeful we keep pursuing hungry, hard-working players to push this team forward, and I don't see Mahrez as being that any more at LCFC. Can use his money to largely restock the youth team or buy a replacement who gives us more than Mahrez did last season with relative ease. We may even have that replacement on the squad now. 

Thanks a bunch Riyad, you've just knocked several million off your value as other clubs will haggle us down with the, "yeah, but you don't want to keep a player who doesn't want to play for you," line. :doh:

For all his brilliance I'd rather have a good player who always gives 100%, than a great player who varies between 20-100% depending on his mood.

Hopefully bids of 40m, but thanks to this announcement I honestly expect big clubs to come in with bids starting at 20m and "well, he's had a poor season."

Archived