Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

2 minutes ago, Joefox said:

This could get messy if a decent offer doesn't come in for him. 

It feels like he had an agreement with management that he would sign a 5 year contract, but on a condition that he'll be able to leave if he chooses to. So if they block the transfer as some media outlets are implying, it would be very be the same story as West Ham and Payet. 

It comes as no surprise. After all, why wouldn't he want to play in the CL again next season if possible. He stayed on with us this season to have a good crack at the competition, and we didn't do too badly.

Personally I wish him all the best in the future (except when he's playing against us). He is definitely the best £400,000 we ever spent. I remember when we used to spend amounts like that on such players as Steve Moran and Wayne Clarke. We wouldn't have won the league without him and we may sell him on for 100 times what we paid. Don't forget that he also played a big part in getting promotion in the first place and in the Great Escape. An LCFC legend in my opinion. Thanks for the memories Riyad.

Just now, Redouane said:

It feels like he had an agreement with management that he would sign a 5 year contract, but on a condition that he'll be able to leave if he chooses to. So if they block the transfer as some media outlets are implying, it would be very be the same story as West Ham and Payet. 

Strange thing is his old contract was to summer 2019, so if the club knew he would leave the only thing they had to gain (apart from the year) is that maybe it had a release fee?

Not really any surprise.

Since the start of the year we've known that he's been looking to leave.2015-16 was a dream year for him and though a talent I'm not sure he's the player he might think he is. His form hasn't always been 5 star outside of last season. I'd be a lot more disappointed in losing Vardy or Kasper given recent form.

The uniqueness of our story means he has proven himself to be good at times but might be why clubs might be reluctant to take him on. His premier league goal record at home since 2015 isn't great with only 4 goals since Chelsea.

How he will fare outside of Leicester will be fascinating. Moving to Arsenal could be a disaster as they aren't likely to recapture the glory years under Wegner, The same could be said of Barca. He could become the fall guy in the post-Messi era. France might be his best bet for success but I'm not sure he'll go on to hit the heights of Kante.

I wish him well. His goal against Swansea in April 2016 may go down as one of my all time greatest sporting memories I've witnessed. A pivotal moment in clinching the league. The Man City goal at the etihad will be played for generations. Will be a long time before a player signed for below 500k wins Premier League POTY again.

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

I can only assume he already knows where he's going else it's a bit of a risky move from him. He might be acting all respectful now but he's going to go on a massive sulk if he doesn't get a move. Tbh I'd take 35 million for him right now just avoid all the inevitable drama.

Kante leaving immediately I was gutted about. I obviously don't want Mahrez to leave but you don't want unhappy players at the club.

5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Strange thing is his old contract was to summer 2019, so if the club knew he would leave the only thing they had to gain (apart from the year) is that maybe it had a release fee?

Well they had to modify his contract to increase his salary. So obviously if they're going to pay him 100k per week, they'll make modifications of their own so they don't get screwed over next summer like they did with Kante

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

There was no release fee in the old contract and there isn't in the new one. 

the new contract was to take his salary up to 100k. Had we finished top four this season or qualified for the Europa then perhaps he may have thought a bit longer. The club knew he was likely to leave but would always have the hope that he wouldn't. 

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because there is no need to do it, all he needs to do is raise it wish the club. His statement is nothing more than a tool to help buying teams get a cheaper deal by attempting to force through a move.

It could also hamper the clubs attempts to sign players, with them perhaps now thinking twice if the club loses one of their high profile players.

It is a selfish piece of shit move in my opinion, he wants to go... fine. But don't do it through the press.

Right on Baby

Just now, Redouane said:

Well they had to modify his contract to increase his salary. So obviously if they're going to pay him 100k per week, they'll make modifications of their own so they don't get screwed over next summer 

Im not sure he had a release clause though as Arsenal would've triggered it as they were reportedly sniffing around 

Could be a blessing in disguise. It means Albrighton can play on his favoured right foot and Gray can get a run. It could also mean the emergence of Tom Lawrence. With the cash we could reinforce the defence with some quality that it badly needs. 

Thank God (or Buddah) we have Owners that are esture business people. We got mugged off on Kante due to a release clause. On the assumption there is not a similar clause in 'RM's' contract, we should at least end up with a decent wedge. That is what must happen here.. We cannot force any player to stay with us. Like many on FT, I have been a Foxes fan long before Mahrez joined us and still will be long after he has gone..  

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Thank God (or Buddah) we have Owners that are esture business people. We got mugged off on Kante due to a release clause. On the assumption there is not a similar clause in 'RM's' contract, we should at least end up with a decent wedge. That is what must happen here.. We cannot force any player to stay with us. Like many on FT, I have been a Foxes fan long before Mahrez joined us and still will be long after he has gone..  

We survived without Mahrez last season! 

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Thank God (or Buddah) we have Owners that are astute business people. We got mugged off on Kante due to a release clause. On the assumption there is not a similar clause in 'RM's' contract, we should at least end up with a decent wedge. That is what must happen here.. We cannot force any player to stay with us. Like many on FT, I have been a Foxes fan long before Mahrez joined us and still will be long after he has gone..  

have you heard of this guy ;P

Image result for jon rudkin leicester city

He does have a way out if there are no acceptable offers. He hasn't said anything unsavoury about the club at all. At the moment shakey isn't  confirmed .  Some exciting recruitments could happen. Then he could say that with shakey being confirmed in conjunction with the new signings, he feels his ambition can be satisfied here in the short term at least. 

Plenty of ifs and buts there but you get the drift

Wish him all the best, could have left last season, but stayed and showed loyalty as he was in high demand.

A lot on here will be glad he's going because he shit, lazy and done nothing all season!!

We will see how bad he is when he's not marked out of the game, because he's our only real creative player, and is in a team of class players, then people might appreciate what we had.

3 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Wish him all the best, could have left last season, but stayed and showed loyalty as he was in high demand.

A lot on here will be glad he's going because he shit, lazy and done nothing all season!!

We will see how bad he is when he's not marked out of the game, because he's our only real creative player, and is in a team of class players, then people might appreciate what we had.

Spot on I'm afraid. You watch him playing for Chelsea or someone....he'll look superb.

12 minutes ago, Demoox said:

If anyone is interested, i've just compiled his 16/17 season.

Nothing really incredible but some quality moments.

Pretty impressive stuff considering he can't be arsed, is a lazy sod and doesn't want to be here.

Everything he does is forward thinking and positive.

He's a game changer and a match winner and we'll struggle to replace him.

Even with only 50% effort and a shitty attitude, I still wanted him to stay.

We'll definitely be a poorer team without him IMO. 

It's a sad day in some ways but we have seen plenty of talent move on from this club in the past. He was part of the Unbelievables, he overachieved and now it's someone else's time. Best of luck to him.

I genuinely don't think Gray has to add much to his game to be a similar threat for us, a bit more awareness of his teammates and improve his delivery. The lad has talent, if he can step up, this might work out well for us.

44 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Thanks a bunch Riyad, you've just knocked several million off your value as other clubs will haggle us down with the, "yeah, but you don't want to keep a player who doesn't want to play for you," line. :doh:

For all his brilliance I'd rather have a good player who always gives 100%, than a great player who varies between 20-100% depending on his mood.

Hopefully bids of 40m, but thanks to this announcement I honestly expect big clubs to come in with bids starting at 20m and "well, he's had a poor season."

Exactly what will happen, i doubt we will get more than 20m, especially with that bellend rudkin in charge.

For all the seemingly good work the owners do and they employ this **** wit.

Archived