Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Shame. It could turn out to be a Payet situation but I really do hope we dig our heels in and hold out for a big fee. 

Or another swing on it is we sit him down and say big investment in the squad will happen(would like to see this but I doubt it will). A few £15-£20 mark signings to win him over... 

It is, we all know what he can do. The club don't intend to let him go cheaply. It was an agreement he stayed as he wanted to help in the CL . 

Theres loads of theories, crux of it he wants to play at highest level.

3 hours ago, Moksky said:

No I don't unfortunately , he's ambitious, he wants to play at the highest level 

Yes, but do the highest level clubs want him? If they're not prepared to pay a reasonable sum, what's the chances that he actually becomes a first choice player with one of them rather than a bench warmer. Obviously if he can turn on the 15/16 form, but that might not be so easy.

Wenger interviewed and rather than duck a question about another clubs player, he states his admiration for riyad but that he hasn't made a bid - yet. 

As far as riyad's statement is concerned, its the same as a written transfer  request but it's done in a way that gives him the opportunity to put on record his reasons and to give some perspective.  He could have done it Privately but these things invariably get leaked and then we would all be on here slating him for wanting to leave on the quiet. 

By asking to leave he does lose his loyalty bonus which will help the fee situation somewhat unless his agent tells the buying club they expect it as a s/o fee. 

18 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Where is this from?

The club said no club bid for him in the summer or in Jan.

http://m.leicestermercury.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur-bid-for-leicester-city-star-riyad-mahrez-rejected/story-30117288-detail/story.html

I wouldn't normally believe it but it came from a Times journalist (Daniel taylor of the Guardian also mentioned it) and they very rarely put speculation in their sports pages.

Archived