Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Disappointing stuff both teams seem devoid of any football talent. Sure they're hard-working and defend from the front but there's only rare glimpses of footballing skill that makes me think oh that was good/clever/skilful. So much hoofing but I guess they'll fit into the 1st team.

I find it awesome when we beat teams who play pretty passing football by turning the game into the pure hoofing chaos that gives us an advantage. 

It's our identity, its incredibly annoying for the opposition, and it works to win games.

On another note, there's no way Bombscare Benny is going to play another first team game this season. Shakey was watching that game from the stands.

10 minutes ago, Wookie said:

How unconfident is Musa that he didn't shoot himself?

Not even making the bench for the first team isn't generally good for confidence.

Anyway he had the keeper right in front of him so was a difficult shot. He tried shooting in a similar position later, decent shot too but it was saved.

Why on earth did Musa pass for the first, put it on your left and stroke it in the corner. Absolute bottle job, his mentality is so fragile it's ridiculous. 

Two cracking finishes from Thomas, he will deserve a spot on the bench soon enough at the current rate. 

6 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Also thought the 2 young centre backs did well. Benny will surely leave in Jan.

Benny will see out his ludicrous contract unless we pay him off. To think people declared him our best centre back in the summer... good grief. 

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

Disappointing stuff both teams seem devoid of any football talent. Sure they're hard-working and defend from the front but there's only rare glimpses of footballing skill that makes me think oh that was good/clever/skilful. So much hoofing but I guess they'll fit into the 1st team.

Yea it was awful viewing. Basically smash it down the wing even if there is a better option. They all do look ready for first team though, poor first touch and panicking on the ball lol

Thomas was good though. Needs chances in the first team or loaned out.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

If Sean St Leger thinks this co commentary will lead to a career in the media, he's going to be disappointed.He's so monotonous. 

Not just that, but he keeps on forgetting what words he's trying to say and has to ask his co-commentator what word hes looking for!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Why on earth did Musa pass for the first, put it on your left and stroke it in the corner. Absolute bottle job, his mentality is so fragile it's ridiculous. 

Two cracking finishes from Thomas, he will deserve a spot on the bench soon enough at the current rate. 

Id like to be generous and give him credit for being unselfish enough to lay it off for the goal but that wasnt a simple tap in, it was actually more risky laying it off to thomas to finish than if he'd have taken it himself. He looks devoid of confidence in that situation, although to be fair i thought he looked much more lively after that point.