Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

It seems diifcult to find PL 2 stats but as far as I could tell those were his first goals in 5 games. He took them both well but it seems as though he's not quite first team ready - get him on loan.

scored and assisted vs West Ham last week and scored and won the penalty at Man City the week before. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

scored and assisted vs West Ham last week and scored and won the penalty at Man City the week before. 

Ah right, didn't realise that so it's very promosing. Potentially we have Barnes, Thomas and Choudhury as local lads on the fringes which is good.

Just now, Wookie said:

Ah right, didn't realise that so it's very promosing. Potentially we have Barnes, Thomas and Choudhury as local lads on the fringes which is good.

was surprised he wasn’t involved vs liverpool in the week after 3 very good u23 games in a row but can’t do anymore than keep turning up and being the match winner and best player each week before he gets a first team chance. leeds in the cup you’d assume if he keeps performing for the 23s. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bryn said:

Is he going to be good enough to get on the bench for the first team this season?

I can't watch the games because the official site won't send me the confirm your email email for some reason.

Try registering on a different web browser. Usually works for me when I have had similar problems.

Thomas really looks class -- can't necessarily tell from the highlights, but the lad has a real aptitude for spacing and getting to spots on the pitch where he's dangerous while making sure the man on the ball has a line on a pass to him. Another related thing I've noticed is he doesn't always try to beat defenders to a position for a deflection -- he seems to instinctively drift to less congested parts of the pitch, so that if the ball does happen to get deflected his way, he will def get it and slot it. IDK whether he knows he is doing some of these things, but they reflect an advanced sense of the game, and many players never really seem to figure it out. But he has a good idea of how to be dangerous, and really works to put himself in position to be rewarded. He was an excellent buy, bet we could sell him tomorrow for triple what we paid.

Not that we would, but good to notice that people other than Steve Walsh seem to have some talent-spotting aptitude....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Emmo said:

George Thomas looks a real find. Nice to see former manager Mikey Adams watching tonight. 

"Looks a real find??"  

He was our player as a youngster.......released by Rudkin........and then we payed to bring him back once some other club managed to turn him into a better player than our youth system could. 

Not exactly what i would call a "find" more "a gift wrapped present that we turned down" but a very good player who needs to get out on loan or into the first team squad as soon as possible so we dont stifle his talenet and development playing at a level that he is too good for!

• Like 2

Thomas looks very promising - could potentially be the heir to that number ten role as he has the work-rate, awareness and finishing to make it.

Interesting that people have mentioned Sanchez - not that I'm comparing Thomas to him, but I get what's being said based on his stature/build and playing style.

9 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Has anyone got on any feedback on how Sam Hughes is getting on? Didn't he play CDM last night?

Really hoping he and the likes of Barnes, Thomas etc break through into the first team.

There's a 12min video on LCFC site *(you need to register(no cost involved) to watch it ;) I'm not sure how much of Hughes' contribution is picked up.

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/478029

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

"Looks a real find??"  

He was our player as a youngster.......released by Rudkin........and then we payed to bring him back once some other club managed to turn him into a better player than our youth system could. 

Not exactly what i would call a "find" more "a gift wrapped present that we turned down" but a very good player who needs to get out on loan or into the first team squad as soon as possible so we dont stifle his talenet and development playing at a level that he is too good for!

Was he our player as a youngster? Can't see that anywhere? Looks like he started at oadby until 8 then he's been at Coventry until he joined us this season ? So IL stand by my comment of him being a real find. 

14 hours ago, Emmo said:

Was he our player as a youngster? Can't see that anywhere? Looks like he started at oadby until 8 then he's been at Coventry until he joined us this season ? So IL stand by my comment of him being a real find. 

he grew up in Oadby and was signed by Cov under our noses, either way its a monumental **** up by our academy whether we just missed him or had him and released him and had to buy him back

On 9/23/2017 at 17:42, CloudFox said:

Has anyone got on any feedback on how Sam Hughes is getting on? Didn't he play CDM last night?

Really hoping he and the likes of Barnes, Thomas etc break through into the first team.

No chance.  We very rarely give 'youth' a chance.  Other PL teams do.    The last manager to do that here was Jock Wallace.

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

No chance.  We very rarely give 'youth' a chance.  Other PL teams do.    The last manager to do that here was Jock Wallace.

I'm not sure that's true:

Andy King

Jeff Schlupp

Liam Moore

Ben Chilwell

...isn't too bad for regular first teamers, two of whom are still here and in our matchday squad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'm not sure that's true:

Andy King

Jeff Schlupp

Liam Moore

Ben Chilwell

...isn't too bad for regular first teamers, two of whom are still here and in our matchday squad.

Some on your list go back yonks.    Rudkin has been dining out on Kingy for years.     Still  - we just gave that other promising youngster Ulloh a two year contract extension.

54 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Some on your list go back yonks.    Rudkin has been dining out on Kingy for years.     Still  - we just gave that other promising youngster Ulloh a two year contract extension.

I don't think there's any need for us to get too into this, but I don't think that's going back that far.

I agree, however, that Ulloa should not have got a 2 year contract. Love the guy for what he's done in the past, but they should have let him go this summer. He is potentially blocking paths to the first team for youth players. Barnes, Thomas, and Eppiah in the near future, for example.

• Like 2

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 15:30

by Rangers Football Club

RANGERS will continue their ‘Games Programme’ this evening as an under-19s team takes-on Leicester City at Ibrox Stadium.

Both clubs have agreed to allow a maximum of two overage players with the rest of the group being made up of players born in 1999 (U19), 2000 (U18) and younger.

Graeme Murty will be without Ross McCrorie, Jordan Thompson, Jamie Barjonas and Aidan Wilson, who were all involved with the first team this morning.

Meanwhile, Robby McCrorie misses out as he’s on-loan to Berwick Rangers while Kyle Bradley, Liam Burt, Jack Thomson, Jordan Houston, Ross Lyon and Rhys Breen are all injured.

Murty, therefore, will select his side from the following pool tonight:

Goalkeepers: Aidan McAdams, Kieran Wright.

Defenders: Michael Hewitt, Lewis Mayo, Danny Finlayson, Myles Beerman, Scott Gray.

Midfielders: Harris O’Connor; Izhaak Ahmed, Stephen Kelly, Cameron Palmer, Grant Nelson.

Attackers: Serge Atakayi, Zak Rudden, Ryan Hardie, Andy Dallas, Matthew Shiels.

Rangers will therefore have 1 x under-21, 6 x U19, 8 x U18 and notable inclusions are Danny Finlayson who is only 16 years old as an U17, and Harris O’Connor, who is only 15 years old and in the under-16 category.

Leicester will choose from a group of 9 x under-19s, 5 x under-18s and 2 x under-17.

The Foxes will combine players from their under-19 and under-18 squads, and tonight will pick from:

Rhys Davis, Jakub Stolarczyk, Edward Elewa-Ikpakwu, George Heaven, Lukas Husek, Luke Thomas, Rubyn Gill, Khanya Leshabela, Sammie McLeod, Kian Williams, Morgan Brown, Tom Fielding, Tyrese Shade, Conor Tee, Calvin Ughelumba, Joszef Keaveny.

Graeme Murty’s team have made a great start to the innovative games programme starting with a 2-2 draw with Southampton. They followed that with victory over Club Brugge in the Copa Del Agatha tournament, a 2-2 draw away to Dutch Champions Feyenoord, a  2-1 defeat against Brighton at Ibrox and last week, a 2-2 draw with Manchester City at the Ethiad Campus.

The programme is designed to test the young Rangers players and provide a new level of challenge to hopefully create a much higher standard of player. Tonight’s match will be another tough test.

Live text feed  - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-vs-leicester-live-score-11239028

• Like 1