Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Finally found enough brute force to bully teams at this level, it's not overly pretty but it's a clear style from academy through to first team and that doesn't look like changing anytime soon. 

Do not agree , beat Chelsea playing good football for me last Friday . If we are teaching that way to play at the academy , we need to close it !!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Do not agree , beat Chelsea playing good football for me last Friday . If we are teaching that way to play at the academy , we need to close it !!

I didn't see all the game so I apologise if that's not the case. I've seen the Man Utd and West Ham games and thought it was very direct and physical but we did well. I do like the fact we're playing 4-3-3 though as Thomas is having a lot of joy across the front 3 positions something I could see Gray having in the first team given the chance, likewise Iheanacho.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I didn't see all the game so I apologise if that's not the case. I've seen the Man Utd and West Ham games and thought it was very direct and physical but we did well. I do like the fact we're playing 4-3-3 though as Thomas is having a lot of joy across the front 3 positions something I could see Gray having in the first team given the chance, likewise Iheanacho.

Think 433 could suit a lot of our first teamers. Would like to see it tried at least 

I'll probably give up all hope if there isn't at least 4 or 5 of these lads in the 18 against Leeds. There's absolutely no excuse for them not to be as for once you can actually pick out 4 or 5 good performers consistently. 

• Like 1

Watching the Highlights to the u23 team v Hertha Berlin we have some real talent coming through the Ranks, young George Thomas not only knows how to find the back of the net but his deliveries from corners and set pieces are sublime real quality !

Hughes Muskwe & Johnson Took their chances well and score 3 cracking goals at the KP, certainly won’t be long before some of them get first team action if they continue to improve the way they are some really impressive performances from all the highlights on LCFC Tv a great free service for the fans.

On 28 September 2017 at 15:11, Emmo said:

Agreed

Suggest you pair of clever tits get down to the TG with immediate effect with your crystal balls

At 9 years old if you can tell which one out of thousands of kids are definitely going to make professional footballers you are going to be very rich boys

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Suggest you pair of clever tits get down to the TG with immediate effect with your crystal balls

At 9 years old if you can tell which one out of thousands of kids are definitely going to make professional footballers you are going to be very rich boys

Its a very fair point you make.......but 'someone' at Cov could obviously see 'something' in Thomas that our recruitment team couldn't.

25 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Its a very fair point you make.......but 'someone' at Cov could obviously see 'something' in Thomas that our recruitment team couldn't.

They took a chance and it paid off in this instance, i'm sure every club has examples where they've not taken or released players that turned good down the road. If there was a whole raft of players that we could highlight then i'd be concerned, as it is i would say this is just fairly normal?

On 30/09/2017 at 11:20, justfoxes said:

Watching the Highlights to the u23 team v Hertha Berlin we have some real talent coming through the Ranks, young George Thomas not only knows how to find the back of the net but his deliveries from corners and set pieces are sublime real quality !

Hughes Muskwe & Johnson Took their chances well and score 3 cracking goals at the KP, certainly won’t be long before some of them get first team action if they continue to improve the way they are some really impressive performances from all the highlights on LCFC Tv a great free service for the fans.

It's not really the way to judge - watching highlights. By there very definition they only show the good. I've enjoyed watching the u23 games this season very much and we certainly have a lot of potential but if these players came into the prem they'd be pushed aside with ease. Including Thomas. They are still lightweight players with a lot to learn. Boys in reality.

Does any one know what formation these Teams play?   I know usually the first Team Coach insists they play in the same formation as the First team so everyone gets used to playing in a common formation.  Just wondering if we do the this.   If someone ITK comes back and says 4-3-3, then we really do have massive problems at DOF level.