Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

36 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

What to people who follow think to Sam Hughes. 12 goals in 32 games is pretty good for a centre back!! If his defending is as good as his goalscoring maybe we should give him a run in the first team as we approach the end of the season

I agree, I would like to see him in the first team a couple run outs even as a sub just to see how he gets on. Hope he gets the opportunity I think he deserves.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

What to people who follow think to Sam Hughes. 12 goals in 32 games is pretty good for a centre back!! If his defending is as good as his goalscoring maybe we should give him a run in the first team as we approach the end of the season

He will at some point be our regular center half.

Good player and respected/admired by team mates

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fox766 said:

I agree, I would like to see him in the first team a couple run outs even as a sub just to see how he gets on. Hope he gets the opportunity I think he deserves.

Didn't Puel say he's gonna put some of them towards the end of the season?

Also, I swear the commentator said he was the top scorer? 

12 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

I think Sam Hughes has possibly been our star player of the season - certainly I'd take him over Barnes. He's good at the back and is popping them in at the front. I'm hoping that he'll get the bench spot behind Maguire and Drago for the rest of the season and maybe get a run out in the last couple of games (with Drago). As I've said I don't think we need to buy in replacements for Huth and Morgan. Maguire, Drago, Knight and at least 2 others are good enough (we have as many as 5 potential Prem CBs in the reserve ranks). It's our deepest and best position in the team.

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Just look how far Barnes developed in this one season alone! He's ready to have a few chances 

He could have had a better second half to the season. In the first half he was almost the top scorer in a mid table Championship team. In the second he had a couple of mediocre FA cup matches followed by excelling in a league far below his talents. I hope we manage his development better next season. He already has an excellent attacking instinct. If we can develop him in a few more areas we'll have a premier league quality attacking midfielder.

• Like 1