Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 U23s, Development, U19s etc

3 hours ago, Chester_Fan said:

Wow Sam Hughes scores again. 12 in 32 from centre back ain’t too bad going. Still top scorer I believe! Definitely deserves a go between now and the end of the season.

He looks a great prospect - the defence has been quite parsimonious this year too - get him on for the Spurs game to test himself against Kane 

15 hours ago, brucey said:

Height, size and age advantage. Can't wait to watch them physically destroy everyone in HK again lol

They do appear to have a height, size and age advantage (18 goals from 2 CBs this season!) over other smaller/younger U23 teams so the question is "what happens when that advantage disappears when they step up to the next level?"

Might expain why the lads recruited from 'lower-league' senior football (ie Hughes, Gordon etc..) have done so well this year in a less physical league....

Pesronally, im not going overboard with all the hype surrounding the U23s at this point in time as i think several of them were ready to go out on loan in January to test themselves at the next level so might be best to reserve judegement until that happens............but i do like the look of Sam Hughes and Josh Knight  :)

• Like 1

Former Leicester City manager Micky Adams will join Lewis Mason to provide live coverage of the Leicester City Development Squad on LCFC TV.

- Watch Leicester City's Development Squad face Aston Villa in the Premier League Cup on LCFC TV
- The Foxes host Villa at King Power Stadium in the semi-finals on Friday (7pm kick-off)
- Lewis Mason will be joined by former City manager Micky Adams on commentary duties
- The Blue Army can tune in for free from 6:45pm on the evening of the fixture

The Foxes welcome Aston Villa to King Power Stadium in the semi-finals of the Premier League Cup on Friday evening, a clash you can watch on LCFC TV (7pm kick-off).

From 6:45pm, coverage begins at Filbert Way as Mason conducts a pre-match interview with Under-23s boss Steve Beaglehole pitch-side ahead of kick-off.

Once the match is underway, the Blue Army can enjoy live and free coverage of the entire fixture as City look to book their place in the final, scheduled to take place next month.

Shortly after full-time, exclusive written and video content will then be added to LCFC.com. Not a digital member? Click HERE to make sure you don't miss out.

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

Former Leicester City manager Micky Adams will join Lewis Mason to provide live coverage of the Leicester City Development Squad on LCFC TV.

- Watch Leicester City's Development Squad face Aston Villa in the Premier League Cup on LCFC TV
- The Foxes host Villa at King Power Stadium in the semi-finals on Friday (7pm kick-off)
- Lewis Mason will be joined by former City manager Micky Adams on commentary duties
- The Blue Army can tune in for free from 6:45pm on the evening of the fixture

The Foxes welcome Aston Villa to King Power Stadium in the semi-finals of the Premier League Cup on Friday evening, a clash you can watch on LCFC TV (7pm kick-off).

From 6:45pm, coverage begins at Filbert Way as Mason conducts a pre-match interview with Under-23s boss Steve Beaglehole pitch-side ahead of kick-off.

Once the match is underway, the Blue Army can enjoy live and free coverage of the entire fixture as City look to book their place in the final, scheduled to take place next month.

Shortly after full-time, exclusive written and video content will then be added to LCFC.com. Not a digital member? Click HERE to make sure you don't miss out.

Would have preferred Alan Woolett and David Nish on commentary.

I'm pleased to see Amartey getting some game time though I do wonder why it's not at CB. Obviously nobody in our set up sees him in that position despite him supposedly being a CB... though I'm now starting to think that isn't the case. Personally, I've never been convinced of him in central midfield and whilst he has filled in at RB, he doesn't really look at home there. 

1 minute ago, CarbonVirtine said:

I'm pleased to see Amartey getting some game time though I do wonder why it's not at CB. Obviously nobody in our set up sees him in that position despite him supposedly being a CB... though I'm now starting to think that isn't the case. Personally, I've never been convinced of him in central midfield and whilst he has filled in at RB, he doesn't really look at home there. 

if he's content with it, I'm more than happy for him to be a squad filler who can play multiple roles; isn't a bad player to call upon.

His ceiling doesn't seem too high so can't see him holding down a position for us.

Can't believe Puel has forced Beaglehole into this situation for such an important game for the u23's. Playing 4-2-3-1 has stunted this side and if Barnes and Hamza don't start tomorrow at Palace then Puel should be shot. 

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Can't believe Puel has forced Beaglehole into this situation for such an important game for the u23's. Playing 4-2-3-1 has stunted this side and if Barnes and Hamza don't start tomorrow at Palace then Puel should be shot. 

So Puel is wrong whatever he "does" with the U23?

2 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Shouldn’t have played in a nothing game Tuesday night. Then they could have played tonight and still been on the bench tomorrow.  neither will start tomorrow unless he goes three in the middle. 

• Like 1