Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

39 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The thing is improving your players doesn’t really help you, because meta players are so OP.

So basically once you get to a certain skill level, it’s just groundhog day everytime you play.

Add to that the piss poor rewards rewards for monthly’s.

i stopped playing SB few months ago, and now WL has lost its appeal I struggled to play 25 games this weekend.

last month I was looking at the rewards thread on reddit and it seemed like people where getting better rewards for silver monthly’s.

so I’ll try that this month.

I had been going for the standard gold 1 each week to get elite 3 monthly but last night I gave up on 21 wins I think with 10 games left, it just makes me rage to much there’s no skill gap anymore I batter an opponent 1st half then second half everything just flips in their favour! Lost a couple of games before I gave up after being 2 up at half time the last game they got a pen for nothing followed by my keeper deciding to bag an own goal I just knew what was coming... ended up losing after having 22 shots whith 18 on target... he had 3 shots with 2 on target lol 

played a a little bit of SB this week for the 1st time in a while... hit elite 3... not 1 player over 80! The pack weight is embarrassing this year

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

I just did 3 of the Icon upgrade SBC's and got Overmars, Gullit and Ferdinand.

Happy with Gullit and Ferdinand (who I will use in the Ferdinand Prime SBC when the prices settle down abit) but already had Prime Overmars so put the Baby one into Prime Desailly who I will finish when the prices come down.

1 hour ago, General Smuts said:

Great shout.

I'm not a million miles from Owen and Okacha as well. I'll park them for the time being and aim for Nesta or Puyol

I did a side by side of middle and Prime Nesta. Not a massive difference in stats, so may buy the middle one as he seems a lot cheaper, plus I could sell if needed... 

i have Rio as a loan. Not been overly impressed with him 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Kaka is worth the 100k plus you'll pay for him. 60k packs in return. 

55 stamina is poor though.

I'm in 2 minds about doing this. I'll never use him other than using him for an sbc, but I can't think of any players that I'd want since you'd still probably need a shed load of other good players to trade in for the higher end prime icons. The packs seem decent enough but I'm sure luck won't be with me.

1 minute ago, Kyuubi said:

I'm in 2 minds about doing this. I'll never use him other than using him for an sbc, but I can't think of any players that I'd want since you'd still probably need a shed load of other good players to trade in for the higher end prime icons. The packs seem decent enough but I'm sure luck won't be with me.

I'm currently doing Crespo. Tots Otamendi and I'm probably done for this year to be honest. Maybe upgrade to OTW Walker and Marcos Alonso can't really see anywhere else where I can improve.

Oh and I'll do the Premier League SBC

6 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Same here, he doesn’t really fit in my teams, and I feel like I’d just be doing it for the sake of it. Kind of like Hamsik. I don’t have a serie a team, just Prem and Bundes. Del P was my last one and he’s the one I’ve wanted forever. Fave player of all time (yes, including City players... well maybe Muzzy is up there) so glad I did him. I just did Toure but he can slot in the Prem team. 

I’m thinking Nesta next... shame it’s not Cannavaro though! 

36 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

I've decided to sell Zanetti to fund the few signings I need to complete Kaka SBC with enough left over swap in SIF Walker ans SIF Ake to improve my defence as well

Save yourself a few coins and try Ake fif first... I had about 400 games in with his fif and I’m 142 games in with his sif and I really don’t notice much of a difference, love walkers upgraded card as well...but if you want to try another tank at rb Aurier if card is a beast

Edited by dbtcity
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Wow, the fut13 sbc will cost about 50k to do... they're not giving rewards based on completed sbcs like last year are they?

They haven't announced they'd do the same this year so I'd assume not. FUT13 SBC is a rip-off; 50k for a prime gold players pack which usually goes for 45k... :blink:

Completed the Kaka SBC and he's definitely worth the 60k I spent completing him. Haven't found his stamina too much of an issue as I usually sub IF Lozano or FB Rooney on for the last 20 or so in-game minutes. Enjoying using this team right now.

19 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Save yourself a few coins and try Ake fif first... I had about 400 games in with his fif and I’m 142 games in with his sif and I really don’t notice much of a difference, love walkers upgraded card as well...but if you want to try another tank at rb Aurier if card is a beast

I saved on Walker and took his 84 NIF as I couldn't see a big difference other than 120k coins. Had a few goes with Ake yesterday and I spanked a few online which rarely happens. 

Got 2 of the Irish players as well - can you buy any on the market? I've got 3 to finish still which will hopefully be enough for Rooney and Bastian