Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Did anyone even enjoy the Journey? I can't finish it because I get so bored.

When the game came out I played the first few matches in the journey and soon gave up on it. The other day I gave it another go, it's amazing how dated it feels already.

I just wish they'd sort out career mode and find a cure for EAids.

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

You do have a point.

To be fair, it was the very first installment and EA having a go at some kind of interactive/cinematic career mode, so there was bound to be mistakes or mishaps.

It was way too short and some of the choices rather limited, but I suppose it was only implemented to further enhance the footballing feel and convince people worldwide how great the sports can be.

You do also get a little FUT reward in the end.

Still, it should be a lot better/more elaborate in FIFA 18.

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I did, it took me a fair while, the sort of thing I'd play for less than a week, so completed around Christmas.

I thought for a first crack it was ok, needs more depth though.

35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I loved it but they shoved me out on loan and it quickly became ****ing boring playing left mid for Newcastle.

The fact that every journey took the same path wasn't great. I remember telling my brother what had happened and he was able to tell me exactly what was next. They'd do well to change that this time.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, danny2997 said:

@Ashley, any movement on LCFCs ratings this year? 

Should imagine they'll be similar to what they are now. Databases are updated every week now so players can go up or down a few points where as it used to have 3 updates a year. 

16 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

@Ashley Any idea if Okazaki, Amartey, Ndidi, Slimani, Musa etc will have game faces? 

More than likely yes.

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

@Ashley Is momentum a thing in Fifa? 

Search Google reddit and make tour own mind up mate(not a sarcastic post or anything but you'll get people on here who say it doesn't exist).

On 6/13/2017 at 09:13, lgfualol said:

I found the story too linear, it's not enough just pinning it onto the side of a full game, it should be a whole game in itself. I'd pay double the money if it was and was actually a decent story, rich with features.

I also found it trying too hard with politically correctness. 

The young promising black kid with troubled background, with the jealous white kid then the director being female. Tick, tick and tick. 

I didn't get 16 or 17 but I played 17 round my mates on his PS4 and was quite impressed by it actually. I'm still only on 360 so I'm half tempted to upgrade when 18 comes out and bite the bullet. Is it worth it though? I'm not a FUT obsessive. It's an alright feature that's gone way too far.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I didn't get 16 or 17 but I played 17 round my mates on his PS4 and was quite impressed by it actually. I'm still only on 360 so I'm half tempted to upgrade when 18 comes out and bite the bullet. Is it worth it though? I'm not a FUT obsessive. It's an alright feature that's gone way too far.

You can't really blame EA for pushing FUT. They must make an absolute mint off of it. I'd love to see the sales figures based on actual game sales versus the money they make off of FUT. On second thought, maybe I wouldn't ;) 

I don't know why I bother with FUT, since I'm not that good at it. I do like building the teams though and I'm hearing trades are back in it for this one? 

Pro Clubs is a lot of fun.

Hoping The Journey will be vastly improved and really give the experience of being a young footballer making his way up(hopefully) in the ranks. But, I'm guessing it'll just be marginally better than it was for 17.

I'm sure I'll buy it because it's a lot more fun to get it and bitch about how sh*t it is, than not get it at all.

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

You can't really blame EA for pushing FUT. They must make an absolute mint off of it. I'd love to see the sales figures based on actual game sales versus the money they make off of FUT. On second thought, maybe I wouldn't ;) 

I don't know why I bother with FUT, since I'm not that good at it. I do like building the teams though and I'm hearing trades are back in it for this one? 

Pro Clubs is a lot of fun.

Hoping The Journey will be vastly improved and really give the experience of being a young footballer making his way up(hopefully) in the ranks. But, I'm guessing it'll just be marginally better than it was for 17.

I'm sure I'll buy it because it's a lot more fun to get it and bitch about how sh*t it is, than not get it at all.

I can't blame them, it's sad what it's turned into though. A feature dominated by the "@MovesLikeOzil" brigade as their parents have banged silly money into getting them in-form Ronaldo or whatever. It's a waste of time even building a team.

I'll only bother if seasons or pro clubs are any good. I dished out a few beatings on FIFA round my mates and forgot how enjoyable it can be.

15 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

It would nice to have cpu that can actually play football in pro clubs lol 

It would be nice to have a decent manager mode :)

On 6/6/2017 at 11:12, lgfualol said:

DO SOMETHING WITH CAREER AND PRO CLUBS

NOT ALL OF US LIKE UT

On 7/19/2017 at 16:38, Soundman said:

It would be nice to have a decent manager mode :)

This and this.

EA's neglect of the career mode is scandalous. 

Some people (myself included) don't play FUT, and would rather play career mode. And what do we get? Absolutely f**k all. Year after year, they're inundated with requests for a mode overhaul all over social media, and they end up adding one or two meaningless features that were probably implemented by some eighteen-year-old spotty intern developer over the course of an afternoon.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2017 at 21:05, buzzer_b said:

@Ashley Is momentum a thing in Fifa? 

1 million percent yes

if you have played enough games you will know, its like you can be dominating for 80 mins 2 or 3 nill up, conceded one and all of a sudden your team crumbles. 

Its as real as the kick off glitch, being the time most likely to score or concede depending on if you are defending or attacking. 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

1 million percent yes

if you have played enough games you will know, its like you can be dominating for 80 mins 2 or 3 nill up, conceded one and all of a sudden your team crumbles. 

Its as real as the kick off glitch, being the time most likely to score or concede depending on if you are defending or attacking. 

Ohh I know the kickoff glitch is real. Happens to me near enough enough every game. 

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Ohh I know the kickoff glitch is real. Happens to me near enough enough every game. 

When the opposition kicks off, well before. run all your strikers into the middle of the pitch it works.