Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm no great fifa player but for what it's worth. The key parts for me for beating legendary is...

 

Use a whole lot of patient build up play, even if you're passing backwards and seem to be going nowhere it will usually open up attacking opportunities in other areas. 

 

Use wingers and keep swinging those crosses in (Robbie Brady is surprisingly OP)

 

If you're within say 25 yards of the net with a sight of goal then shoooooot.

 

Use players that suit your formation and not everyone else's, I've only heard good things about Gabriel Jesus but he just didn't work for me in a 4411, Antonio on the other hand suits to striker role brilliantly and is great in the air and surprisingly Shinji playing behind him is my top goalscorer!

 

Edited by deejdeej
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

 

I can't qualify for the weekend league, I'm currently stuck in div 7, div 2 was my highest last year and I can't beat the computer on professional. 

 

Don't worry. 

 

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Shit start for me on Squad Battles. Played the 4 games last night. Won 2,  lost 2 on Legendary. Seem to struggle with the teams with full chemistry so had to drop down to World Class to get the points. 

It’s strange as I found pre patch that I struggled more against professional/world class than I do against Legendary, it might be because I’m used to the game now but I just remember the attacks/closing down being constant in world class where as I have a bit more time on the ball playing legendary 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I'm no great fifa player but for what it's worth. The key parts for me for beating legendary is...

 

Use a whole lot of patient build up play, even if you're passing backwards and seem to be going nowhere it will usually open up attacking opportunities in other areas. 

 

Use wingers and keep swinging those crosses in (Robbie Brady is surprisingly OP)

 

If you're within say 25 yards of the net with a sight of goal then shoooooot.

 

Use players that suit your formation and not everyone else's, I've only heard good things about Gabriel Jesus but he just didn't work for me in a 4411, Antonio on the other hand suits to striker role brilliantly and is great in the air and surprisingly Shinji playing behind him is my top goalscorer!

 

Adding any skill move that stops the ball ie the the fake shot whilst releasing the left stick or the berba spin when you’re out wide creates so much time/space as the ai seemingly has no clue how to deal with them, as deej says just keep passing the ball about avoiding sprinting to much whilst you have the ball, when I’m receiving the ball I hold L2 as well which seems to create a bit of space 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently on 15,000 points after 6 games on squad battles all on legendary my top tip would be too switch too legacy defending, I use a Serie.A team in a 4321 formation and just play a lot of one twos until a gap opens up, my right and left forwards score the majority of my goals.

 

Ps. I find legendary difficulty a lot easier than world class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I am currently on 15,000 points after 6 games on squad battles all on legendary my top tip would be too switch too legacy defending, I use a Serie.A team in a 4321 formation and just play a lot of one twos until a gap opens up, my right and left forwards score the majority of my goals.

 

Ps. I find legendary difficulty a lot easier than world class.

What's legacy defending?

 

And has anyone else had a problem with their players kit numbers changing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

It's the old way of defending you just hold down x to tackle.

Ahh I see. That would be helpful, as I was thinking a player would be awesome at this version if they can master the defending. I'm not saying it's bad, but I still miss most tackles before succeeding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I am currently on 15,000 points after 6 games on squad battles all on legendary my top tip would be too switch too legacy defending, I use a Serie.A team in a 4321 formation and just play a lot of one twos until a gap opens up, my right and left forwards score the majority of my goals.

 

Ps. I find legendary difficulty a lot easier than world class.

Totally agree. It doesn't make sense. 

 

I've dropped down to world class a couple of times and lost 3-0 both times, where I've struggled to create chances.

 

I feel comfortable with legendary, I do lose matches but I will always manage to create chances in those games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Legacy defending is ok but when you go back to online its the current system. I was going to post about it on here when the game started. Honestly no point you might as well keep it on current defending and try to get as much experience as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after a shocking day of squad battles (1 win from 4) I did the Hybrid League SBC and only went and packed Fabregas and bloody Lacazette! 

Lacazette is selling for around 270k atm, should I sell him now or wait for the weekend league panic buyers?

Edited by deejdeej
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played this game. Leicester City is actually pretty good. Schmeichel is a beast in goal. The only goals conceded with him were a penalty and a volley inside the 6 yard box.

 

The squad I played with:

Kasper

Simpson, Morgan, Maguire, and Fuchs

Mahrez, Iborra, Ndidi, and Gray

Vardy and Iheanacho

 

Iheanacho has great positioning in the game. He always seems to be in the right position. Vardy is very fast and has great finishing.

 

Iborra and Ndidi lock up the midfield. Iborra is slow but he's great in the air and passes very good.

 

Mahrez and Gray have speed and skill. They're ok. Mahrez has a superb shot from around 25- 30 yards and Gray has a good accuracy when just outside the penalty box.

 

The back four was ok. Fuchs has an ok shot but Maguire has a rocket of a header. His headers are very accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Well after a shocking day of squad battles (1 win from 4) I did the Hybrid League SBC and only went and packed Fabregas and bloody Lacazette! 

Lacazette is selling for around 270k atm, should I sell him now or wait for the weekend league panic buyers?

 

14 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Just got Pjanic, Smalling, Bellerin and Antonio in the marquee matchups SBC.

How much did it cost to do the marquee matchups?

Link to post
Share on other sites

So won the online Draft on my first attempt but packed bugger all. My pack luck this year is terrible. Also did the Marquee Matchups SBC which cost me a bit and again bugger all I got from it. 

 

Played Squad battles again last night. 3 out of 4 wins. Fair to say World Class is the standard for me. Can't get to grasps with Legendary. Can't get the ball off the opposition for shit on Ledge. But WC I seem to be able to sit back and make the AI make error passes and take advantage of it. If I can get all the games in this week I'll hope to hit Gold One again, hopefully Elite 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Just downloaded this dude, it looks helpful. But looking on the market, the prices of the players needed are quite extortionate.

I use futbin as a base for me to build my own teams for the sbcs, if you use the players recommend you’ll pay waaaay over their odds for most players/sbcs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I use futbin as a base for me to build my own teams for the sbcs, if you use the players recommend you’ll pay waaaay over their odds for most players/sbcs

Ah I see. I'll have to have another look tomorrow. I've never managed to get my head round many 'advanced' SBC's.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played all 4 Squad Battle games tonight. Won 3, lost 1. Bloody game, played the first match on World Class as you guys know I've just dropped from Legendary because I found that too hard but tonight it was the opposite. Lost on World Class, converted to Legendary and manage to win 3 games on the bounce. Bloody game lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...