Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

4 hours ago, Grantham Fox said:

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't find it. I've been really impressed by the 3 AC Milan signings so far. Looks like they're on the way back up.

It'd be nice to see Juventus get a proper challenge in the Serie A and to have the Milan clubs doing well in the Champions League again.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It'd be nice to see Juventus get a proper challenge in the Serie A and to have the Milan clubs doing well in the Champions League again.

Agreed. I think AC will be around 2nd/3rd fighting with Napoli. I think Roma are lacking a bit of quality to contend, especially if Salah and Naingolan (sp) leave. 

51 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

More broadly I'd just love to see a strong Serie A again. As well as Juve, Roma, Napoli and the Milan boys, it used to be great watching the likes of Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma challenge too.

It'd  be interesting to see if Sassuolo will ever reach the Champions League.

Edited by Lovejoy

On 09/06/2017 at 09:42, Lovejoy said:

More broadly I'd just love to see a strong Serie A again. As well as Juve, Roma, Napoli and the Milan boys, it used to be great watching the likes of Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma challenge too.

It'd  be interesting to see if Sassuolo will ever reach the Champions League.

What is it with Sassuolo? 

Really naive of me but I'd not heard of them until building an Italian team on FIFA and realised they've got a good crop of Italian talent (if they game is anything to go by).

Are they historically a challenger? 

40 minutes ago, KFS said:

Really naive of me but I'd not heard of them until building an Italian team on FIFA and realised they've got a good crop of Italian talent (if they game is anything to go by).

Sassuolo are a bit like a Bournemouth kind of side.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Nope. Tinpot club that have worked their way up and done really well with a policy of cultivating decent young players.

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nope. Tinpot club that have worked their way up and done really well with a policy of cultivating decent young players.

So tinpot they have even left their own town, it's worth adding. They're bankrolled by the Mapei brand, I do however, have a lot of time for the green and black stripes.

Interestingly Sassuolo's manager Eusebio Di Francesco has left for Roma today

Milan's transfers have been quite shrewd but I'd still fancy Napoli and Roma to be Juve's closest challengers

On 14/06/2017 at 08:37, MC Prussian said:

Bayern favourites to sign Lyon's Corentin Tolisso for 35 million Euro (£30m) and rising. First talks have been held.

Bayern strengthening well as hard as that seems, with Tolisso and Sule. Excellent signings.

With Donnarumma stating he'all not be signing a contract, anyone thing AC might look at Schmeichel?

1 minute ago, Grantham Fox said:

Apparently Lewandowski wants out of Bayern, because he felt he weren't supported in trying to win the golden boot. Chelsea and United interested in him. Think we could sneak a bid in there.

Ha Ha Ha we all wish. we would never stand even a chance of having come here!

32 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Apparently Lewandowski wants out of Bayern, because he felt he weren't supported in trying to win the golden boot. Chelsea and United interested in him. Think we could sneak a bid in there.

Very nearly came here years ago.

Edited by baker11

52 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Very nearly came here years ago.

Scouted him when he was at Legia, yeah? Weren't Blackburn close to getting him at one point too, but his flight was cancelled because of a Volcano erupting, and all the ash in the air or something? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Bayern got James Rodriguez on a 2 year loan deal similar to what they had with Coman.

With the option of buying for €35m apparently. If true that's outrageous.