Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

European Football 17/18

When Neymar completes his move to PSG his father (Who is also his agent) will have made €100m from his son's dealings. That's if Barca pay out on the €26m loyalty bonus. The one that was was activated on the 31st of July. His Dad delayed the transfer by 4 days to activate the bonus. Unbelievable.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

La Liga reject an attempt by Neymar's lawyer to pay his release clause....

Surely his release clause will be something stupid? lol 

La Liga don't have a legal right to do that.

So what if they don't believe PSG can meet FFP?

They've met the clause in his contract.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, I thought that. I just find it funny, I mean Barca have ridiculously high release clauses.

12 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

To be fair, La Liga don't really give a shit about PSG and are trying to protect the interests of Barcelona. I'd hope the Premier League would do similar for us in that situation. 

I doubt PSG has a leg to stand on since they can't really go to UEFA/FIFA and say, 'can you do something about La Liga? They're not letting us break FFP rules.'

9 minutes ago, Danizen said:

To be fair, La Liga don't really give a shit about PSG and are trying to protect the interests of Barcelona. I'd hope the Premier League would do similar for us in that situation. 

I doubt PSG has a leg to stand on since they can't really go to UEFA/FIFA and say, 'can you do something about La Liga? They're not letting us break FFP rules.'

You misunderstand the break clause.  Neymar is buying himself out of his contract.  They have no right whatsoever to stop him doing that.  Where the money comee from is **** all to do with La Liga.

Are they even breaking FFP?

Although they don't get the same amount of TV money as Premier League clubs, the transfer fee is less than Man City have spent this window.

They're also expected to sell some players to take their net spend down.

The wages are mental, but isn't that spread out over the length of the contract? 

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You misunderstand the break clause.  Neymar is buying himself out of his contract.  They have no right whatsoever to stop him doing that.  Where the money comee from is **** all to do with La Liga.

I get that but the money is apparently coming from the Qatari government for Neymar to be an ambassador for the 2022 World Cup. If UEFA investigated the transfer (and that's a big 'if', I'll admit) it won't be hard to prove that the transfer is breaking the rules. 

La Liga are banking on UEFA investigating the transfer which is why they've rejected the first approach. 

Edited by Danizen

As an aside, let's all laugh at Red Bull Salzburg for missing out on the Champions League for the tenth time in succession.

One of the many jokes on the net right now:

"Congratulations to La Decima for RB Salzburg"

or

"It's good to see that there are some things you can rely upon in troubled times like these - RB Salzburg, for example" (11 Freunde, Germany)

or

"Salzburg is a lovely city. Luckily, there isn't a lot of football going on."

:D

Reckon Vardy is on Neymar's wavelength in terms of being quality and a game-changer, albeit a few years older.

Imagine if Neymar git injured in his first game and be out for a few months? It'd make a even more negative reaction to all of this..