Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Mendy

On 6/9/2017 at 17:02, Ric Flair said:

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if all our signings from last summer left, hahahahaa what an abysmal window it was.

Ndidi compensates for all the shit signings though

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

In King's defence every club needs a few players who are seasoned pros but are relatively happy to not start every week.

Yes normally I would agree with you but King is too young, He's only 27 and really should be playing football. He is a good player and he should be playing for another 6 or 7 years. Wouldn't that be better to him than sitting on the bench slipping further and further down the pecking order.

He could always come back to us  when he's finished playing.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes normally I would agree with you but King is too young, He's only 27 and really should be playing football. He is a good player and he should be playing for another 6 or 7 years. Wouldn't that be better to him than sitting on the bench slipping further and further down the pecking order.

I suppose he could return one day if the owners want him back. 

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, He could return as a Coach. Or the Birch isn't going to go on forever. King or maybe Morgan would seem good choices to take over or to even assist the Birch.

I don't think he'll be attending your careers talk anytime soon mate.

On 2017-6-13 at 15:43, Clever Fox said:

Yes, He could return as a Coach. Or the Birch isn't going to go on forever. King or maybe Morgan would seem good choices to take over or to even assist the Birch.

Is this a serious post? lol

On 2017-6-12 at 22:23, Clever Fox said:

Yes we know he's a good Clubman but here's the reality. Any player who is not good enough to start is not good enough to bring in for injuries.

The Club has moved on it's time for King to do the same. He's clearly not going to hold down a regular place.

James was our one Premiership player when we were in the Championship. He won't have lost his Footballing Brain the only question is if he's lost any pace. But we won't know until he get's games. My guess is he'll be ok and keep DD out of the Team if given a few games.

I think Chilwell, NDiddi , Lawrence, Gray, Barnes and even Kaputska looks very good for us for years to come. Ndidi aside the choice is to continue to nurse them for another year or to blood them now.

Much as we might well benefit from players coming through, our first team is not a finishing school as such, It's a place of excellence where the players are all expected to be big enough, strong enough and sound enough to play their part without others having to hold their hands.

Yet you somehow suggest we're going to fit five or six young aspirants into our side, plus James, all at roughly the same time and at the expense of five or six proven seniors or any other top quality signings that come along.

I'm all for blooding fringe players when it's be;lieved they're ready but it's just wishful thinking to imagine it on an industrial scale for all that I rule nothing out for any of those mentioned.

But we're first of all about winning things - points, titles, our continued place in The Premiership etc and picking players who are capable of doing those things.

We're not about being an experimental test-track for ambitious youngsters or hopeful returnees. idealistic as the proposition might be.

Football is a meritocracy. And trying to pre-judge who should be wearing what shirt at this stage is just unrealistic - and for various fairly obvious reasons - some of which we know nothing about as yet.

Nor would I assume anything about King, James, Mendy or anyone else.

I didn't think Albrighton would be a regular last season but he ended up one of our top performers.

We still don't  know who's even going to be competing for a squad place, let alone the first team shirts.

And none of us have any idea how the likes of Chilwell, Lawrence, Barnes, Kaputska and Gray will cope with Premiership football next season or even to what extent they'll get the chance either with us or anywhere else. Three of those named have virtually no Premiership experience whatsoever as yet.    

2 minutes ago, Worthington said:

According to the French press. Nice want him back, (loan or permanent according to source). They're resigned to losing Seri, (sadly to Spurs it seems), and want to replace him with Mendy.. Also being linked with Lemina.....remember him ??

If Tottenham are going after seri, surely that means they don't want Adrien silva?;)

14 hours ago, Thracian said:

Much as we might well benefit from players coming through, our first team is not a finishing school as such, It's a place of excellence where the players are all expected to be big enough, strong enough and sound enough to play their part without others having to hold their hands.

Yet you somehow suggest we're going to fit five or six young aspirants into our side, plus James, all at roughly the same time and at the expense of five or six proven seniors or any other top quality signings that come along.

I'm all for blooding fringe players when it's be;lieved they're ready but it's just wishful thinking to imagine it on an industrial scale for all that I rule nothing out for any of those mentioned.

But we're first of all about winning things - points, titles, our continued place in The Premiership etc and picking players who are capable of doing those things.

We're not about being an experimental test-track for ambitious youngsters or hopeful returnees. idealistic as the proposition might be.

Football is a meritocracy. And trying to pre-judge who should be wearing what shirt at this stage is just unrealistic - and for various fairly obvious reasons - some of which we know nothing about as yet.

Nor would I assume anything about King, James, Mendy or anyone else.

I didn't think Albrighton would be a regular last season but he ended up one of our top performers.

We still don't  know who's even going to be competing for a squad place, let alone the first team shirts.

And none of us have any idea how the likes of Chilwell, Lawrence, Barnes, Kaputska and Gray will cope with Premiership football next season or even to what extent they'll get the chance either with us or anywhere else. Three of those named have virtually no Premiership experience whatsoever as yet.    

I find a lot of what you have to say is insightful and similar to my own views in many ways. However on this occasion I feel you've completely misjudged what I've said. 
 What your quoting in your opening statement is the ideal but not the reality. Haven't you seen plenty of young players blooded at the top. I certainly have. 
As for our own young talent, I was merely commenting on the dept of quality we have in our graduates waiting for their opportunity.

I really don't know how you've concluded that I've said the players named are ready to go into the first team all at once. That would be just plain silly on many fronts. But I am certain that they are all capable of doing a job when called up. just as others have done on occasions.

I accept we're striving for a top quality squad but so is everyone else. Yet despite spending fortunes on players they all have Academy's. Every year a few pops up ready to make their mark on the game. Why shouldn't some of them be ours if good enough. 

Did Vardy or Mahrez, Drinkwater,James, Schmichel or currently Chilwell, NDiddi come to us as Premiership quality players. No they didn't, They all had to learn on the job and some are still learning. Yet they all have gone on to be highly regarded and some even achieved International recognition. 

I agree we as a club are closer to the top than we've ever been, and that does mean less opportunities for young and upcoming talent. But were not quite there yet. Unless Clubs like us give opportunities to our young talent what's the point in having an academy.

It's my belief the Club have decided to grow the squad slowly rather than splashing the cash on the finished article. That means we'll continue to have openings and opportunities to blood and develop young talent. But that has to be done in the right environment for everyone.
Some freeze, and some seize the opportunity that's human nature. But they also have to develop the physical strength regardless of ability to compete as this league is very unforgiving. Only time will tell if the group coming through make it to the top or not.

As for King, James and Mendy.
I know you get touchy when anyone questions Kings involvement in the Team yet he has been average at best in virtually every opportunity given to him in the past two seasons. Yet he continues to hold a Squad place.
The difference with the young players is they are all on the way up while King appears to be on the way down at 27 years when he should be coming into his peak. I just find it sad that a decent Footballer is willing to settle for the Bench when he's certainly good enough to play in the Championship. I just question his desire and motives when he could be playing week in week out. Isn't that why they get into the game, to play football.

James, was a regular in the team until he sadly got injured and it's my belief that he will reclaim his place in the team provided he's given an opportunity and hasn't lost any pace from his injury.

Mendy, was just terribly unfortunate to get injured and be out for so long. if he's good enough or not I don't know as I haven't seen enough of him. Again my own opinion is that I don't think he's big or strong enough for the rigors of the premiership. I think I read his stats before he signed and they were better than Kante's which is saying something. If he stays I see him competing with Drinkwater and James for one MF position..

Albrighton I find your opinion of him strange. I always thought he's one of our better players. Simply because he gives his all every game. I still feel we'd get more from him playing on the right. Which is where I'd like to see him next season.

Football is a unique and strange industry, where everyone has many and varied opinions and views on everything related to Football. We confounded the experts by us winning the league. Yet some are still mystified as to how we done it. That's the beauty of the game.
Let's just hope we can confound them all again next season. 

On 13/06/2017 at 15:26, Clever Fox said:

Thing with King is, he is a positive influence off the field. If football was purely about ability you could argue we wouldn't have won the league last season. 

King is seen by many as one of our most influenchel players off the pitch so I'd be very surprised if he leaves anytime soon. 

Personally hope he stays with us all throughout his career, I remember many seasons where Paul Scholes was not considered a 1st team regular at Man U but he got better with age, not saying King is anywhere near Scholes standard but just an example 

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Thing with King is, he is a positive influence off the field. If football was purely about ability you could argue we wouldn't have won the league last season. 

King is seen by many as one of our most influenchel players off the pitch so I'd be very surprised if he leaves anytime soon. 

Personally hope he stays with us all throughout his career, I remember many seasons where Paul Scholes was not considered a 1st team regular at Man U but he got better with age, not saying King is anywhere near Scholes standard but just an example 

We didn't win the league last season. End of argument.

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

That's all good and very noble of him and would be fine if he wasn't taking up a squad place. The time for all that is when he's finished playing.

Think about it your a Footballer and yet you don't want to play. It doesn't seem right, He should be looking to play if not here then anywhere.

The career is so short to begin with. He'll have plenty of time for the Ambassador role when he's finished playing.

I don't want to appear like I'm bashing him because I'm not. I like him, I'm just questioning his desire and motivation. If he was a rubbish player I could understand it but he's not he's a decent Footballer with a good eye for Goal. He could be a first team player elsewhere.

There's many on here who would give an arm so to speak to have the opportunity he has. The club will survive and be here long after he's gone.

He should be getting the max out of his career while he's able to.

44 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's all good and very noble of him and would be fine if he wasn't taking up a squad place. The time for all that is when he's finished playing.

Think about it your a Footballer and yet you don't want to play. It doesn't seem right, He should be looking to play if not here then anywhere.

The career is so short to begin with. He'll have plenty of time for the Ambassador role when he's finished playing.

I don't want to appear like I'm bashing him because I'm not. I like him, I'm just questioning his desire and motivation. If he was a rubbish player I could understand it but he's not he's a decent Footballer with a good eye for Goal. He could be a first team player elsewhere.

There's many on here who would give an arm so to speak to have the opportunity he has. The club will survive and be here long after he's gone.

He should be getting the max out of his career while he's able to.

He's already got further in his career than any Englishman

He's won the premier league and got to the semi finals of the Euros

19 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Imagine getting shot of Amartey, Mendy and Musa in the same window.  ?

Just Musa that I want to see gone. We have no idea if Mendy is any good or not and Amartey has neither failed or succeeded. Most top football people are of the opinion that massive changes don't work too well. Three to four additional players is probably better than wholesale changes

On 6/19/2017 at 15:11, brookfox said:

Maybe he's seen him play?

Mendy was very highly rated prior to joining us but was injured pretty much all of last season. We really haven't seen what he is capable of yet.

Archived