Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

E3 2017

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If Microsoft can come through this with even the slightest air of optimism, they'll have played a blinder.  The number of Sony exclusives at this event is unreal. 

i am hoping their way of winning this is releasing scorpio tonight. 

5 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

i am hoping their way of winning this is releasing scorpio tonight. 

It's all too little, too late.

In the previous cycle the PS3 was the better hardware but lacked decent games in the early going - once the opposition gets off to a quicker start it's trickier to make up the difference.  The 360 was the far better package all round.

The Scorpio may well be the more powerful machine, but where's the games?

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

In the previous cycle the PS3 was the better hardware but lacked decent games in the early going - once the opposition gets off to a quicker start it's trickier to make up the difference.  The 360 was the far better package all round.

EA were showing off madden last night in the scorpio engine

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The PS3 suffered from being a year behind its entire cycle. If you actually put them head to head released at the same time they had the same problems just the Xbox was always a year in front, in the end Sony actually had much more quality in terms of exclusives as they do now. The Xbox was embarrassingly baron for its first year in the market its just that by the time the ps three got to the market the gears halos and forzas had started to land and third party's were getting better graphical output on the 360 as despite the hardware advantage developers were just more used to working with it.

This is also a bit of a different scenario the Scorpio is going to be a much more powerful gaming machine than anything else on the market and is not vastly different in its basic setup the Xbox one but I do agree I'm sceptical as to whether it's going to be a massive hit.

Battlefront 2 looked pretty good on EAs show.  

Although the first one has pretty much been hammered by critics and gamers alike, this one looks OK.

I think Ubi are on at reasonable o'clock UK time tomorrow?  No doubt they'll show off Assassins Creed Origins.  I hear they have a new IP too.

Anthem looked great, but that scorpio reveal, that was straight up awful

I mean what did they do in the conference to actually sell the xbox one x?

The look on Phil Spencers face when he announced the price at $499 said it all, they know they've royally f**ked up with this, it's going to sell even worse than the PS4 Pro has

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Anthem looked great but it's not even an exclusive is it? 

Nope, it's going to be on PS4 too. Not great by Xbox - but I dig them adding backwards compatibility for the original xbox. 

i have to agree with whats been said about the new Xbox One X; looks a decent console, but seemingly feels like its doing the same as the PS3 did with the high price point and average game line up; dont get me wrong i think it may well come good in time but i suspect it will take a while, certainly would be surprised if Sony dropped the price of the PS4 pro either. 

only really thing ive been really impressed with so far with the E3 stuff ive seen is the new Assassins Creed game, looks pretty good from the gameplay trailer that was shown/released.

and I wouldnt get rid of your PS4 for a Switch, personally,if you can its always better to keep a PS4/Xbox and have a Nintendo console,  since 3rd support for the Nintendo home consoles can sometimes go quickly....

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Nope, it's going to be on PS4 too. Not great by Xbox - but I dig them adding backwards compatibility for the original xbox. 

got to finish 360 compatibility first. 

also sea of thieves anyone? 

Having watched some, but not all, of Microsofts hard sell, they seem to be pushing through many of their titles as timed exclusives, their wording on this was vague - how many of their actual releases are XBox X 1 S or whatever exclusive console only games?

Answer: not many.

And it's as it was for the PS Pro.  There is no point upgrading to either without a decent TV panel to put it through.  The total outlay for both consoles, and a decent 4k panel to back it up, would be around £1500 minimum.

Financially, it doesn't make sense.  Spend it on a £1500 gaming PC instead.

After last years wow factor from Sony with FF7 remake the conference this year was disappointing. Still some decent looking games though with Detroit and the new spiderman looks insane.

I said to a friend if Nintendo announce Metroid Prime 4 then I am sold on the Switch. Straight out the park they show that it is on the way. MP 3 was seriously impressive so cant wait for 4. Mario Odyssey looks brilliant and news of a Pokémon RPG sounds amazing.

I have also been wanting the PS VR and now Skyrim is coming out in VR that is unreal. I've played through Skyrim so many times and yet the thought of doing it in VR just makes me want to go through it all over again.

Archived