Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2017/18 Summer Ins/Outs

In

George Thomas - Coventry City - £500k - OS

Kelechi Iheanacho - Manchester City - £25 million - OS

Eldin Jakupović - Hull City - undisclosed fee (OS)

Vicente Iborra - Sevilla - £12.5 million - Sky

Harry Mcguire - Hull - Undisclosed but £12- £17 million - OS

Sam Hughes - Chester - (£120k + add ons - unconfirmed)

Alex Pascanu, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Lamina Kaba Sherif, Josh Knight and Max Bramley sign first professional contracts - OS

Loans

Bartosz Kapustka has joined German Bundesliga outfit SC Freiburg on a season-long loan deal. - OS

Harvey Barnes to Barnsley  season long loan - OS

Out / Released

Ron-Robert Zieler - Stuttgart - OS

Michael Cain 

David Domej 

Brandon Fox

Cedric Kipre

Matthew Miles

Kairo Mitchell

Marcin Wasilewski

Let's sign someone, perhaps anyone, from a top tier league, top tier league in Lebanon would even placate me. So far I'm most excited about a 19 year old who's played in league one and in the England B side.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Let's sign someone, perhaps anyone, from a top tier league, top tier league in Lebanon would even placate me. So far I'm most excited about a 19 year old who's played in league one and in the England B side.

yeah cos signing anyone just for the sake of it always works out well

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

We made quite a lot of signings last summer. I'd prefer we sign a few top class players than a load of squad fillers. It's still early days. But I understand the frustration and hope we don't leave it to the last minute. 

2 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

We made quite a lot of signings last summer. I'd prefer we sign a few top class players than a load of squad fillers. It's still early days. But I understand the frustration and hope we don't leave it to the last minute. 

At least three more players in a two month period! I suspect we'll get one youth players in the side anyhow.

On 6/12/2017 at 12:58, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Dewsbury-Hall sounds like somewhere The Antiques Roadshow would visit.

The Antiques road show is in Leicester this week at the Pump House/station. just as a heads up....

2 hours ago, Burmesefox said:

The Antiques road show is in Leicester this week at the Pump House/station. just as a heads up....

Any of our Back line on offer?

On 6/13/2017 at 20:00, Burmesefox said:

"Our expert assisting the Blue team today is John Rudkin......... What have you got for us John?"

Those roadshow experts never got it wrong do they :thumbup:

I think if we can hold onto what we have then we only need to add a couple or three. It looks like it's been decided we need another centre back and an improved bid for Evans looks likely, not sure where shakey will go if it's knocked back again tho.

Aside from that maybe another young right back to keep Simpson on his toes and likewise a central midfielder with promise to push Drinkwater back to his best, we can't keep relying on Andy King, as good as he's been for us he only gets on when Drinkwater needs a rest,he is never going to push him for a regular starting spot.

Up front I'm happy,  Vards and Slimani with the much underrated work Okazaki does for the team is strong, just need to decide if we stick or twist with Musa or get some cash for him.

As for Mahrez it's difficult if nobody comes in soon for him, if he has been promised he can go then fine, but it needs to be done now so we can get a replacement, it's no good on deadline day with him going in a sulk and forcing a move, either do it now or get his head out of his arse and commit to the cause. 

Confirmed signings get their own topic in the LCFC Forum. 

Reputable rumours (lol) for players get their own topic in the transfer forum

Leicester City (record breaking prices)

Leonardo Ulloa – £8m (July 2014)

Shinji Okazaki – £9m (June 2015)

Nampalys Mendy – £13m (July 2016)

Ahmed Musa – £16m (July 2016)

Islam Slimani – £29.7m (September 2016)

Another great transfer window!! (Like last summer)?

Ah well, at least we're signing a goalkeeper from Newport!!!

Ha, you couldn't make it up!

Lots of "we're looking at this player or that player"........just bloody pay the money and sign them then!!?

11 hours ago, Cityfox60 said:

Another great transfer window!! (Like last summer)?

Ah well, at least we're signing a goalkeeper from Newport!!!

Ha, you couldn't make it up!

Lots of "we're looking at this player or that player"........just bloody pay the money and sign them then!!?

Another player we were "interested" in, Nathan Ake, signs for Bournemouth.....shows just how far we've come in the transfer market since being Champions! Very, very poor.

We're we ever really interested in Ake? In my opinion Ake would not have been a good buy at 20m , when I have seen him play he's struggled with consistency and he has never convinced me he will become a top central defender in the Prem. I think Shaky got it right in signing Maguire, the kid is already better than Ake and has massive upside over the next few years. If we can get Gibson for around 20m it will be an excellent signing. He was a huge part of a pretty solid Boro defense last season and he was learning on the job. Boro went down because they had no one who could put the ball in the net, their defense was a mid table defense and Gibson was the standout. Evans would be a good signing too, it would add experience right away. But if it was my decision I would sign Gibson, even paying 25m including add ones would be OK with me. Spread over a five year contract the fee is a bargain.

Archived