Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League Cup 2017/2018

Aspects like this makes me feel the traditional 'English' game is going for the sake of yet more sponsorship for the greed of getting more money in.

Am, in some ways, quite annoyed the beautiful game is become a theatre for plentiful sponsorship for reaping the financial corporate rewards.

It just doesn't feel and look right to me.

The set-out etc was fine the seasons before.

FFS. We'll have PL games abroad one day.

I wish English fans had a backbone and stood up to Sky/PL. Can't carry on with them wanting more money, more greed. Everything is just aimed at people abroad and not local fans.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

FFS. We'll have PL games abroad one day.

I wish English fans had a backbone and stood up to Sky/PL. Can't carry on with them wanting more money, more greed. Everything is just aimed at people abroad and not local fans.

How do we do that? 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Carabao is a Thai energy drink 

Wouldn't be surprised if they were our sleeve sponsors if we had any.

For a company spending big in football it might make sense for them to start selling their drink outside the M25 lol 

1st round draw made today and mistakes was made 

Charlton are listed twice and AFC Wimbledon are not playing Swindon they are actually playing Brentford instead

Swindon are playing Norwich 

IMG_0986.JPG.28a467ba3533339e5b6de7fbfa881624.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG.8a3271b945a9b4db2b4a438dd2c1052f.JPG

This is the apparent finalised list 

Peterborough v Barnet

Wycombe v Fulham

Colchester v Aston Villa

Wolves v Yeovil

Reading v Gillingham

Nottm Forest v Shrewsbury

Bradford v Doncaster

Mansfield v Rochdale

Grimsby v Derby

Birmingham v Crawley

Exeter v Charlton

QPR v Northampton

Newport v Southend

Bristol City v Plymouth

Wigan v Blackpool

Bury v Sunderland

Cardiff v Portsmouth

Millwall v Stevenage

Norwich v Swindon

Barnsley v Morecambe

Crewe v Bolton

Oldham v Burton

Leeds United v Port Vale

Rotherham United v Lincoln City

Coventry v Blackburn

Sheff Wed v Chesterfield

Scunthorpe v Notts Co

Oxford v Cheltenham

Wimbledon v Brentford

Bristol Rovers v Cambridge

Bradford v Doncaster

Accrington v Preston

Fleetwood v Carlisle

Sheffield United v Walsall

Forest Green v MK Dons

5 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

How the fvck can mistakes be made? Running a draw is not that hard.

Also, call it the League Cup. It's the trophy that members of the Football League compete for so that's the name that fits it best.

Not entirely sure you grasp the concept of sponsorship here? I mean I'm sure you absolutely do, which makes that comment all the more bizarre. Unless they did a Wonga with St. James' and bought the naming rights only to ensure it was kept it's "proper" name, it's always going to be called what the sponsor dictates, the same with every cup competition.

It's also worth noting that it hasn't officially been called the "League Cup" for 37 years... Let us not forget this competition has been The Milk, Littlewoods, Rumbelows, Coca-Cola, Worthington, Carling, Capital One previously. Even last year it was the EFL. I do hope there was as much protestation when these sponsors came in.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the EFL for not ensuring the name is kept, the Carabao League Cup, like the FA do with Emirates and the FA Cup. People will just call it what they want though, of course they will.

Their first sponsorship implementation has been an absolute farce, mind. Absolutely no denying that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Not entirely sure you grasp the concept of sponsorship here? I mean I'm sure you absolutely do, which makes that comment all the more bizarre. Unless they did a Wonga with St. James' and bought the naming rights only to ensure it was kept it's "proper" name, it's always going to be called what the sponsor dictates, the same with every cup competition.

It's also worth noting that it hasn't officially been called the "League Cup" for 37 years... Let us not forget this competition has been The Milk, Littlewoods, Rumbelows, Coca-Cola, Worthington, Carling, Capital One previously. Even last year it was the EFL. I do hope there was as much protestation when these sponsors came in.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the EFL for not ensuring the name is kept, the Carabao League Cup, like the FA do with Emirates and the FA Cup. People will just call it what they want though, of course they will.

Their first sponsorship implementation has been an absolute farce, mind. Absolutely no denying that.

Sure, it's official name is the Carabao Cup, I don't doubt that, but we don't have to use the name that officialdom gives us. We know that the sponsors listed don't have any meaningful relation to the competition itself, so lets not use them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...