Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

League Cup 2017/2018

As a football fan, not really comfortable on having a foreign company naming itself on a tradational English cup - just doesn't appear right, even for the £££ gained.

Same feeling as well towards the Emirates FA Cup.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
36 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:
What the hell is Carabou anyway?

I had to google it last night because not knowing was bothering me. It's a Thai energy drink. Apparently a Carabou is a Buffalo-like creature from the Philippines.

Ah, I see. Sounds like a perfect fit for the English League Cup.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I had to google it last night because not knowing was bothering me. It's a Thai energy drink. Apparently a Carabao is a Buffalo-like creature from the Philippines.

Its an Asian water buffalo...A big fella

Caribou however is a Large Canadian  deer, Just as big as an Elk. Claimed also to belong to the reindeer family

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Draw for the next round is tomorrow at 4.15am UK (11.15am local time in Beijing, China).

Good luck finding a stream, you hardcore fans.

Twitter will have to suffice:

https://twitter.com/carabao_cup

There was an article in the i paper yesterday with quotes from the Football League saying this decision gives maximum exposure in the UK and China for the wonderful cup draw etc. In the second paragraph it was stated that this draw isn't live on TV or radio, only on the League Cup Twitter feed.

You can't get better exposure of an event than that.

• Like 1

The way the game is going currently, wouldn't be surprised if one of these rounds or later ones will be played somewhere overseas eventually.

Foreign involvement is becoming too far, really, and the British tradition of the game, in general, is slowly being lost for financial gain.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

10 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

As a football fan, not really comfortable on having a foreign company naming itself on a tradational English cup - just doesn't appear right, even for the £££ gained.

Same feeling as well towards the Emirates FA Cup.

Yeah bring back the Coca Cola Cup lol

• 4 weeks later...