Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I think members will be getting excited about the chance to get one of the 27 tickets available for Bournemouth away. 2% of away tickets now go to members. ?

27 more than they got last season and 27 less available to P1

4 minutes ago, red5 said:

27 more than they got last season and 27 less available to P1

True enough. It will be a crazy 1 minute when they first go on sale. Probably be the only fixture that could possibly affect P1 though. And probably still wont if it's not a decent kick off time.

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

True enough. It will be a crazy 1 minute when they first go on sale. Probably be the only fixture that could possibly affect P1 though. And probably still wont if it's not a decent kick off time.

If it's a ballot it wont be a race, people will have the whole day/couple of days to register for the tickets 

I suppose the first question is.....what will be classed as first priority?? Over 15 points?....20? more?

I feel the price is far too steep. Who in their right mind as a City Fox member last year is going to pay £60 to enter a ballot?

• Like 1

Based on only having a quick look I think it looks ok, being a gold member last season you would have enough points to be in the priority application, this I think would be like the gold members having first dibs and high chance of getting a ticket to all games, then the ballot is like the silvers taking what's left, and I think at the end of the season those with most points get the available season tickets, plus it's £30 cheaper.

So if you want a season ticket next year buy all the tickets you can this season and sell on any games you can't attend and all should be good.

Like I said in another thread, it has to be based on games attended and I think that's what they have done.

3 minutes ago, red5 said:

Based on only having a quick look I think it looks ok, being a gold member last season you would have enough points to be in the priority application, this I think would be like the gold members having first dibs and high chance of getting a ticket to all games, then the ballot is like the silvers taking what's left, and I think at the end of the season those with most points get the available season tickets, plus it's £30 cheaper.

So if you want a season ticket next year buy all the tickets you can this season and sell on any games you can't attend and all should be good.

Like I said in another thread, it has to be based on games attended and I think that's what they have done.

wasn't clear about purchasing memberships. 

Is there renewal period for Gold Members (or Silver/City Members) to purchase an Adult Membership or can anyone now buy Adult Membership regardless of being a member or not last season? 

If you were a gold member last season, do you have to purchase in the dates specified? It then goes on to talk about renewing membership before 31st August as well though?

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

wasn't clear about purchasing memberships. 

Is there renewal period for Gold Members (or Silver/City Members) to purchase an Adult Membership or can anyone now buy Adult Membership regardless of being a member or not last season? 

If you were a gold member last season, do you have to purchase in the dates specified? It then goes on to talk about renewing membership before 31st August as well though?

Anyone can buy a membership, the advantage of being a member last year is you have points carried on to this year so long as you join before the end of August.

2 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Another piss take membership scheme. I guess while demand 

outstrips supply then we will continue to be ripped off.

I disagree, it's cheaper than last seasons gold and silver memberships, and seems to show loyalty to those who attend most games.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

No issue with it, but it's unfair on STH who will never get the chance to be in a ballot and the tickets sell out before their priority. 

It seems someone always has to lose out, and you could say it's unfair for the members not being able to get a season ticket, I think overall it's been done with everyone being considered.

41 minutes ago, Craig said:

So members have more chance of getting tickets than STH without many points for some games?

41 minutes ago, red5 said:

I disagree, it's cheaper than last seasons gold and silver memberships, and seems to show loyalty to those who attend most games.  

I agree it does award loyalty for home games and seems fairer. But for someone who is a season ticket holder who has been to a few aways, and has fairly low priority, to possibly lose out to a member who has never been to any seems unfair. In fact as you have rightly said red, members away ticket is a ballot.

Does that then mean if you join as a member for the very first time this season, and may have never been to a single game in your life home or away, you could get away priority over some ST holders with a certain amount of away points? Unlike home tickets I can see no mention of any loyalty needed to be in with a chance of getting one of the small away member's allocation.

Edited by Drew Peacock

47 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

I agree it does award loyalty for home games and seems fairer. But for someone who is a season ticket holder who has been to a few aways, and has fairly low priority, to possibly lose out to a member who has never been to any seems unfair. In fact as you have rightly said red, members away ticket is a ballot.

Does that then mean if you join as a member for the very first time this season, and may have never been to a single game in your life home or away, you could get away priority over some ST holders with a certain amount of away points? Unlike home tickets I can see no mention of any loyalty needed to be in with a chance of getting one of the small away member's allocation.

Correct as i read it. All members can enter a ballot and may get 1 of 60 tickets over season ticket holders.

So a 3000 away allocation becomes 2940 although call me clinical but i just see it as another 60 tickets the ticket office can make go missing

I quite like the away system but for home matches lets say they put a 20 points plus on this priority points system they've suggested... anybody with less than 20 points has to enter a ballot? is that correct? so if I was a new member next season what would be the point in me getting a membership? or is it a similar system to now? as in 20 plus points get first priority, 10 plus points second priority and so on..... input would be great before I commit to buying one...

Edited by Shamomoa

23 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Correct as i read it. All members can enter a ballot and may get 1 of 60 tickets over season ticket holders.

So a 3000 away allocation becomes 2940 although call me clinical but i just see it as another 60 tickets the ticket office can make go missing

But having a cynical view about ST/ticket availability isn't helped when they announce on the website today that less than 400 STs went on sale. Where did the other supposedly 300 go? But then no actual figure was given out apart from 97% of something we're renewed. That something appears to be less than everyone thinks.

34 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

I quite like the away system but for home matches lets say they put a 20 points plus on this priority points system they've suggested... anybody with less than 20 points has to enter a ballot? is that correct? so if I was a new member next season what would be the point in me getting a membership? or is it a similar system to now? as in 20 plus points get first priority, 10 plus points second priority and so on..... input would be great before I commit to buying one...

They have clarified the points each member will get, but not the priority scale for actually getting tickets 

I don't think. Whatever the cut off will be on the priority scale, which will be possibly different depending on what game it is, the rest then get one if they are lucky. There doesn't seem to be mention of a limited amount of memberships. So those in for the ballot could be any number.

Will there be less members this year though, as those with less priority may not fancy just being in with a lottery chance of getting a ticket? However some games last season went through all membership tiers, and even sometimes for additional tickets for ST holders, although mostly just single seats as it moved down. So apart from the so called 'big' games it may be worth the gamble. Unless of course many more people think it's worth the gamble too.

Your point is a valid one, but I guess until the priority scale is fully known it is difficult to know. It could be the best chance for a while for any completely new members to join, depending on how many go into the ballot on any game.

Edited by Drew Peacock

Fantastic ! I went to every home game last season and all champs league games... only got Athletico tickets due to UEFA returns. This points system will be fair to true fans who attend games. The away ballot is a bonus for us and £30 cheaper fee. Anyone who moans at the new system doesn't attend all games. It's very fair and me and my family are very happy with it ???

Edited by theboyC
  • Like 4