Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

If you had a ballot where some members wont get a ticket, it would then be highly unfair to offer tickets on general sale to non members, so to me unless you have a membership you wont get a ticket this season and I said same as much when I called box office and they agreed, but as yet. I'm still waiting to see what the priority points for Brighton game will be, before I buy.

Edited by southfox66

27 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

If you had a ballot where some members wont get a ticket, it would then be highly unfair to offer tickets on general sale to non members, so to me unless you have a membership you wont get a ticket this season and I said same as much when I called box office and they agreed, but as yet. I'm still waiting to see what the priority points for Brighton game will be, before I buy.

I understand that aspect, but my point was that for certain games we know demand is lower and fans aren't as bothered for tickets, usually meaning in the past some would go to general sale. If the demand wasn't there by the members for such games what would happen to those tickets was my query.

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I understand that aspect, but my point was that for certain games we know demand is lower and fans aren't as bothered for tickets, usually meaning in the past some would go to general sale. If the demand wasn't there by the members for such games what would happen to those tickets was my query.

This is the problem with the lack of clarity with the whole scheme. I think last season the Thurs/Friday before all the returns were put on sale to ST and the 3 sets of members so likely that they will do the same again this season but who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

This is the problem with the lack of clarity with the whole scheme. I think last season the Thurs/Friday before all the returns were put on sale to ST and the 3 sets of members so likely that they will do the same again this season but who knows. 

Cheers mate I appreciate you helping to clarify things as much as possible!

7 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Potentially yes, Could be wrong. It doesn't hep with the clubs lack of clarity on memberships and the ticketing/ballot process.

If you're not too fussed about going to Brighton at home I would see how the club operate it and go from there. Not sure how much adult memberships are off the top of my head but if you are only looking to go to a couple of games this season you would be better off buying off the tickets for sale section on here, think there is a FB and Twitter pages for buying tickets too. More than 6 games then membership might be the better option, of course you can always resell the ticket and earn your loyalty points much like people do for away games.  

There's a deadline after which points won't be carried forward if you buy membership.  End of August I think, but worth checking.  After that time you can buy membership but you won't carry over any points.

• Like 1

Is it me being thick or does no one really know how this ticket buying application works? As the club has taken money off supporters for memberships it should be clearly stipulating how the ticket buying process works well before tickets go on sale. Thank God I have my season tickets but I try to buy tickets for friends and family who are not web savvy. I think the dreaded 7 am queue down at the stadium is on the horizon.

25 minutes ago, foxgas said:

Is it me being thick or does no one really know how this ticket buying application works? As the club has taken money off supporters for memberships it should be clearly stipulating how the ticket buying process works well before tickets go on sale. Thank God I have my season tickets but I try to buy tickets for friends and family who are not web savvy. I think the dreaded 7 am queue down at the stadium is on the horizon.

Just a case of giving the club time to announce the details and see how it goes. I can see the clubs point of view as it is a new system they are working with, however it is a case of the unknown for members how easy it will be to get tickets etc

So what we do know is there is roughly 3000 tickets on sale to members 

1500 will go on sale to members through the priority scheme; Just as fans we don't know how many points other people have gained from last season so there could be 1000 gold members who went to all the games so they would be on 34 points and if another 500 gold members went to 10+ games/silver who went to 15+ they would have 25 which would mean anyone with less than 25 points would have no chance of getting a ticket through the priority scheme. So you would have all the remaining gold, every single silver,city fox and international members all trying to get the remaining 1500 through the ballot...and every single new member all trying to get their mits on the remaining tickets.

So the thing you need to work out is how many games did your family attend and how many points have they got. 

In my mind the cut off point would be 20 points but until the club announce the brighton game we are all in the dark.

• Like 1

I think yet again shows how badly we are treated as members, lack of info on how the scheme will work and they expected us to blindly part with at least £60 not knowing what we buying into, it's a case of our road or take the high road which annoying given that if go to 10 games as a member you've paid out roughly the same amount as season ticket holder. 

5 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Just a case of giving the club time to announce the details and see how it goes. I can see the clubs point of view as it is a new system they are working with, however it is a case of the unknown for members how easy it will be to get tickets etc

So what we do know is there is roughly 3000 tickets on sale to members 

1500 will go on sale to members through the priority scheme; Just as fans we don't know how many points other people have gained from last season so there could be 1000 gold members who went to all the games so they would be on 34 points and if another 500 gold members went to 10+ games/silver who went to 15+ they would have 25 which would mean anyone with less than 25 points would have no chance of getting a ticket through the priority scheme. So you would have all the remaining gold, every single silver,city fox and international members all trying to get the remaining 1500 through the ballot...and every single new member all trying to get their mits on the remaining tickets.

So the thing you need to work out is how many games did your family attend and how many points have they got. 

In my mind the cut off point would be 20 points but until the club announce the brighton game we are all in the dark.

Surely half will not go to a ballot? I was expecting a couple of hundred to the ballot and the rest based on priority?

8 minutes ago, theboyC said:

Where did this info come from? Also where did the 3000 tickets come from ?

The membership info pack that was published. A minimum of 2,000 tickets will be made available to members (but most games this will be higher) with these tickets being split equally between priority and ballot based systems. 

It's listed on the lcfc.com https://tickets.lcfc.com/en-gb/categories/ballots and also confirmed by the club that 1500 is for priority and 1500 for ballot.

When I asked how many members had renewed I was told they weren't sure but there had been a lot of new members sign up for this season. 

Arsenal away should be announced next week and Brighton a few days after so in 7-10 days we should have a clearer picture.

The other thing to remember is those who a fortunate to have enough points at the start of the season will only be building them up as it goes along giving those who miss out a chance to build up their own points to get to priority, effectively could turn into a closed market with ballot as the only option...or we still won't sell out like much of last season! how many times we were told a game had sold out yet attendance figures were not even close 

Edited by Sambiasso

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the points tally needed to be considered priority is lower than many think. 

I got got the impression from my communications with the club that they were keen for new members to be attracted to joining. The easiest way to do that is to set a realistic priority points total (say 15 for example) that means a brand new member could conceivably get to a high priority within a couple of seasons. If you set the priority points tally too high (say 25) new members are unlikely to get to a high priority for many seasons. 

Edited by rn9013

Have you linked your account/membership on the new site? 

To check your points go to Tickets and hover over your name at the top, a drop down menu should appear and have personal details - tickets - memberships then home and away priority points. Both mine and my sons are correct and up to date.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if the points tally needed to be considered priority is lower than many think. 

I got got the impression from my communications with the club that they were keen for new members to be attracted to joining. The easiest way to do that is to set a realistic priority points total (say 15 for example) that means a brand new member could conceivably get to a high priority within a couple of seasons. If you set the priority points tally too high (say 25) new members are unlikely to get to a high priority for many seasons. 

I agree it might be something or nothing, until it's announced who knows. 

Personally I think over 25 points - 1000, over 15 -1000 and put the other 1000+(including those returned tickets) available for ballot, seems the most logical way.

Yes ive done all that , Im the main member for my family and friends , i buy the tickets etc - Ive linked all the accounts and everyone has renewed .The home points are incorrect and lots are missing. I know how to check them, Just dont want to end up missing out on any games.

Update - I can see the points now but they are not visible completely. It does`nt add up with list that they give, But thats ok as it says 28.

Edited by theboyC
Update

Just now, theboyC said:

Yes ive done all that , Im the main member for my family and friends , i buy the tickets etc - Ive linked all the accounts and everyone has renewed .The home points are incorrect and lots are missing. I know how to check them, Just dont want to end up missing out on any games.

My lads was missing 3 games up it got updated this week, I noticed it said they had been manually inputted so might be a case of they are working through and updating as they go. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Have you linked your account/membership on the new site? 

To check your points go to Tickets and hover over your name at the top, a drop down menu should appear and have personal details - tickets - memberships then home and away priority points. Both mine and my sons are correct and up to date.

When I check my friend's home points they both have seventeen at the moment but 30 and 31 away points which was their totals under the old system. Will their home points eventually be updated to the away points total? 

3 minutes ago, foxgas said:

When I check my friend's home points they both have seventeen at the moment but 30 and 31 away points which was their totals under the old system. Will their home points eventually be updated to the away points total? 

If they were joined up they wouldn't be home or away would they.

Just now, red5 said:

If they were joined up they wouldn't be home or away would they.

Don't know because totally confused by system. The club have taken their money and not sent any correspondence to clarify what you get for your money. Buying a pig in a poke comes to mind. I get the feeling that there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed supporters this season, especially for the big games when bus loads of the owners cronies come in.

4 hours ago, theboyC said:

Update - I can see the points now but they are not visible completely. It does`nt add up with list that they give, But thats ok as it says 28.

My points on the website seem to vary from day to day, but are still incorrect.  When I've rung they say that their system shows 31 points - which tallies with my calculation - but that's not showing on the website.  And presumably unless it's on the website, it can't be used to buy tickets.  I just keep being told it'll be sorted soon...

One problem I foresee is that people like me, likely to be in the priority top level, will make sure they buy tickets for every game to keep the points tally up. We go to all the games anyway, but if there was a rare occasion when we couldn't go, I'd still try and get tickets then give them to friends.  

Presumably if everyone does this, then towards the end of the season there would be far more people in the top priority level, making it a big bunfight to get tickets!  

Unless of course we're in the relegation zone...

5 hours ago, foxgas said:

Don't know because totally confused by system. The club have taken their money and not sent any correspondence to clarify what you get for your money. Buying a pig in a poke comes to mind. I get the feeling that there are going to be an awful lot of disappointed supporters this season, especially for the big games when bus loads of the owners cronies come in.

No, people have given the club their money without any understanding of what they are getting. 

• Like 1