Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

Disappointed it's only been done on last season, although i expected not to be in one of the highest priority bracket. I'm in with total newcomers.The ballot results being announced 2 weeks before the match definitely means no games for me, can't arrange flights and travel at a resonable price in that time frame. 

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Disappointed it's only been done on last season, although i expected not to be in one of the highest priority bracket. I'm in with total newcomers.The ballot results being announced 2 weeks before the match definitely means no games for me, can't arrange flights and travel at a resonable price in that time frame. 

Are you abroad?  If so, wouldn't international membership be a better option for you?

11 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Not saying this is the case but as a 17 pointer (without 5 champions league games, but Derby included wtf) and with 1,000 tickets in the ballot, what's to say the club don't simply rotate those 1,000 tickets across all under 20 point members.....for the season......would ensure everyone gets some tickets, retains everyone as a member ( some's better than none), cynical yes, but makes perfect business sense pleasing all of the people some of the time.....and keeps £700k of membership money coming in for the foreseeable

Derby included?

8 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Not having Cup or Champions league games is a kick in the teeth for many.

This may not be popular, but I can understand the clubs position on cup games. I accept the Champions League was an exception, and I've been hit as much as anyone as someone that lives away from Leicester and only made it to a handful of PL games last season as a result of the enormous expense of the CL. But hey I chose to prioritise the CL rather than the PL last season-so I have that in common with the players at least :) .However the vast majority of cup games are nowhere near sell outs, are far cheaper, and normally midweek fixtures which many members simply can't get to. So I can see why the club would be reluctant to award a loyalty point with the same value to someone who attends a cup game for a tenner than someone who has spent £40-50 on a PL ticket. 

Only my opinion but I'm happy with PL loyalty points for PL games only. 

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

Only my opinion but I'm happy with PL loyalty points for PL games only. 

Thing is, say we get to the later rounds of the FA Cup and we get a big draw at home, you know they'll use the same 'loyalty' system to determine who get tickets, why then don't cup games attended previously input into your chances of getting cup tickets this season? 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thing is, say we get to the later rounds of the FA Cup and we get a big draw at home, you know they'll use the same 'loyalty' system to determine who get tickets, why then don't cup games attended previously input into your chances of getting cup tickets this season? 

Fair point. Can't argue with your point at all, but if you forget about the CL how many times are cup tickets really going to be in such demand that this would become a problem? Once every few years, probably even less?

Of course I hope I'm wrong.....hopefully we go and win the FA Cup for the next 3 years on the bounce!!

To be honest if you've gone to the stadium to support your team, I don't see why the popularity of the fixture or competition should matter, they should all count as loyalty points.

There's an argument for away games as well as I went to four on my membership last season but at the end of the day no money goes in the club's pocket for that so I can understand.

Have we gone from 5000 seats being available for the former Gold, Silver & City Fox Members to 2000 being available under this new scheme? 1000 for those with the higher threshold of points and 1000 balloted? 

I might be wrong about this but I seem to remember in the first year of Gold Membership that 5000 or 2000 of us were guaranteed seats if we wanted them. It's changed a lot since then. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

You should definitely look into international membership, it's cheaper and the ballot results are announced way ahead of games 

Edited by SwedeFox

1 hour ago, SwedeFox said:

You should definitely look into international membership, it's cheaper and the ballot results are announced way ahead of games 

For the international membership I am not sure if it has been published but it is 50 seats set back for those with this membership per game.

Edited by baker11

7 hours ago, Qwerty said:

Are you abroad?  If so, wouldn't international membership be a better option for you?

1 hour ago, SwedeFox said:

No, Northern Ireland, so UK but from a logistical point of view I might as well be as going anywhere requires a flight and advance planning. No cheap flights in this part of the world as there aren't many options. A round trip is at least £300, which has hit my membership points because like rn9013 I also had to choose between PL & CL games last year and as it was a once in a lifetime experience went with CL.

I'd agreed with it not including any other cup games but some of the comments above are valid, you are buying a ticket and attending a match, in that respect why shouldn't you get a loyalty point.

4 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

Have we gone from 5000 seats being available for the former Gold, Silver & City Fox Members to 2000 being available under this new scheme? 1000 for those with the higher threshold of points and 1000 balloted? 

I might be wrong about this but I seem to remember in the first year of Gold Membership that 5000 or 2000 of us were guaranteed seats if we wanted them. It's changed a lot since then. 

We haven't last season there was 1500 for gold and 500 for silver as a minimum so this is same just they haven't limited the number of memebership sold.

Where as last season they sold 4000 golds and 6000 silver. Be interesting to know how many they sell in total this season.

Reward for members loyalty ???? Really !!!

Perhaps the club should have worded their Advertising for the new membership scheme as  "Only some previous members will be rewarded for their loyalty.

To: 'LCFC Help' <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: New Joint Membership Renewal

Hello LCFC,

Thank you for your reply to my email. 

Can you send me the section that said that if I renewed both my silver memberships I would still only be in a ballot along with the unlimited amount that are eligible to join the scheme this year then please with no priority what so ever and probably with a very small chance of being able to buy tickets to actually reach the priority level now required to buy tickets easily. 

As far as I am concerned myself and other a certain number of members will not be  “Members rewarded for their loyalty” as stated in the communications you refer to as sent out from the club when we announced the new membership scheme. 

Can you also send me and highlight the terms that you talk about below to indicate that the new membership scheme would affect me in the negative way that this one has done. 

Because I feel that I must have missed something, and only renewed as I read the section that said existing “Members rewarded for their loyalty”. Which clearly is a false statement in my view and others who may read this !

Kind Regards,

Member.

PRIORITY APPLICATION SYSTEM
Tickets to 2017/18 Premier League games will be available to Fox Members via a Priority Application System, with Members rewarded for their loyalty, as well as how many points they accumulate during the season.
At the start of the 2017/18 season, Gold, Silver and City Fox Members from the 2016/17 season will be awarded the following points:
GOLD: 15 points, plus 1 point for every Premier League home game they attended during the 2016/17 season*
SILVER: 10 points, plus 1 point for every Premier League home game they attended during the 2016/17 season*
CITY/INTERNATIONAL: 5 points, plus 1 point forevery Premier League home game they attended during the 2016/17 season*
The points a Fox Member has accumulated will decide on whether they are eligible to buy tickets via the priority point process. Eligible supporters will be able to purchase tickets online at Tickets.LCFC.com, by calling the City Sales Centre on 0344 815 5000 (Option 1) or by visiting the City Fanstore, during the sales period.
Tickets via this process are on a first-come-first-served basis, and those supporters unsuccessful via the priority points application process will be able to join the Club’s ticket ballot.

Hi Member,  

Thank you for your email to Leicester City FC.  

You are starting off the season with more points as a member who is a brand new registrant, therefore if you are successful in the ballot you will gain points and thus put you in with a further chance of gaining tickets through the points process.  

These terms were highlighted in all the communications sent out from the club when we announced the new membership scheme. The membership brochure that was posted on all of our news channels contained pages of FAQ’s which highlighted these concerns.

Kind Regards
LCFC

To: LCFC Help <[email protected]>

Having just received the correspondence below can you tell me what my membership is worth over someone who has just signed up as a member this season on zero points

Me having 17 points and Daughter 15 points means that we will only enter a ballot for every game the same as all the other newcomers with the zero points. 

Can you tell me how we go about getting a refund on our memberships as if I had seen these terms before paying out £90 for us both I would not have bothered. 

Please advise. 

Supporter Number: xxxxx

Dear Member,

We welcome Brighton and Hove Albion, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion and Everton to King Power Stadium in the opening weeks of the new season. As such, following extensive research conducted by the Club last term, the Fox Membership scheme will have a new look during the 2017/18 campaign.

The scheme will operate under one Adult Membership, alongside a Junior Membership.

Home Priority Points
Each Fox Member has been awarded with Priority Points, which takes into account last season’s membership and games attended.
Your Points Balance is 17.
Sales And Ballot Application Dates
Fox Members with 30+ priority points will be eligible to purchase tickets for each fixture at an earlier date.
Priority purchase windows for those with 25+, 22+ and 20+ points will then open over a one-week period.
A ballot will open at 9am on Friday 21 July for remaining Fox Members to apply to buy tickets for each of the five fixtures on Filbert Way.
Each individual ballot will close in plenty of time before its corresponding fixture and successful applicants will then be notified when they can purchase match tickets.
For the visit of newly-promoted Brighton on Saturday 19 August, for example, the ballot will open at 9am on Friday 21 July and close at 6pm on Thursday 27 July.
Successful entrants can then purchase tickets from 9am on Monday 31 July. Fox Members with 30+ points, however, can buy tickets immediately without the need to join the ballot from 9am on Friday 21 July.
Sales will also gradually open for Fox Members which fall into the other priority point bands (25+, 22+ and 20+) until 3pm on Saturday 29 July.
Once priority sales have concluded, successful applicants in the ballot will be notified before having until 6pm on Monday 7 August to purchase tickets for the clash.
Please note that a minimum of 1,000 tickets will be made available in the ballot and at least 1,000 tickets will also be provided to Fox Members between the 30+ and 20+ priority point bands.
For more information on ballot applications and priority sales dates for the Premier League fixtures against Brighton, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Bromwich Albion and Everton, click HERE.
For the Brighton fixture, Fox Members with 30+ priority points can visit the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium,
call 0344 815 5000 (Option 1) or click HERE to buy online from 9am on Friday 21 July.

The New Look LCFC.com

As you may or not be aware, we recently re-launched LCFC.com and LCFCdirect.com. As such, you must re-register before you can sign in again.

40 minutes ago, idoesthis said:

How do I renew my gold membership? On the site it's only allowing me fox membership??

Is this a genuine post? If so where have you been??

But just in case.......there are no gold memberships any more. It's all about loyalty points now. 

5 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Is this a genuine post? If so where have you been??

But just in case.......there are no gold memberships any more. It's all about loyalty points now. 

to be fair what emails have we had about it ? if i hadn't looked here or gone on website id probably be none the wiser, the club say members were consulted, but i doubt most would say they knew much about it until it was sprung on us out of the blue

Edited by southfox66

The impression i got from the box office today is that they set the priority points high to start with, so that all priority will automatically get tickets, when I asked if the point would change as the season went on, I expected to say yes, they will go up, but answer was they may come down? but I think honest answer that no one has a clue how this will all pan out?clearly there will be long standing members who for what ever reason didn't get to as many game last season as in previous years, but clearly we got this new system and is no going back to gold silver and city, they will sell tickets to someone and that all that matters to them. While it might work for me this season I'm not so confident it will next season cause of location with additional cost and time of getting to games doesn't allow me to get to all the games. so any advantage of been a gold member will be lost after this season.

Last year me and my son owned two gold memberships under my name. My son only missed 4 home games last year but now is over 18 so needs to buy adult tickets. It turns out child tickets do not count for loyalty points so we only have 17 points. (The extra 2 are because I attended Liverpool and Watford with him). My son is now worried that he won't be able to go to the games anymore as 17 points may not be enough to get any tickets, any idea how many tickets will be available to members with 17 points?

4 hours ago, Foxy harry said:

Last year me and my son owned two gold memberships under my name. My son only missed 4 home games last year but now is over 18 so needs to buy adult tickets. It turns out child tickets do not count for loyalty points so we only have 17 points. (The extra 2 are because I attended Liverpool and Watford with him). My son is now worried that he won't be able to go to the games anymore as 17 points may not be enough to get any tickets, any idea how many tickets will be available to members with 17 points?

That surely can't be right?  My kids are still kids, but their points have carried over into this year. I can't believe that he'd lose his points because of changing from a child to an adult.  Even though his ticket was linked to your adult membership, it was presumably in his name, and he had his own supporter number, which must show his points.  Have you spoken to management?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, southfox66 said:

The impression i got from the box office today is that they set the priority points high to start with, so that all priority will automatically get tickets, when I asked if the point would change as the season went on, I expected to say yes, they will go up, but answer was they may come down? but I think honest answer that no one has a clue how this will all pan out?clearly there will be long standing members who for what ever reason didn't get to as many game last season as in previous years, but clearly we got this new system and is no going back to gold silver and city, they will sell tickets to someone and that all that matters to them. 

I have been in dialog with Jim and someone else at the club regarding memberships, this was the exact line I got from them too.  They do not know how many they expect to sell under priority points so it could go down in the future.

In the end I did get fobbed off with "See how it goes for the brighton match, if you struggle to get a ticket let me know" 

It does feel like the children are the ones who got the short end of the stick for this new scheme which is wrong. considering the amount of seats in the so called family stand.

This will turn into a closed shop ala away tickets.

5 hours ago, Foxy harry said:

It turns out child tickets do not count for loyalty points so we only have 17 points. 

Children do collect points and should be carried over from U18 to Adult, much like Adult points carry over to Senior tickets.

12 hours ago, Iamstu1 said:

Reward for members loyalty ???? Really !!!

Perhaps the club should have worded their Advertising for the new membership scheme as  "Only some previous members will be rewarded for their loyalty.

It does come across, even more so that if you don't have the points you are not considered a loyal fan. I would urge you to send another email and ask to be put in touch with someone at the club who deals with the membership side of things. This person claims they want feed back from members who use the system so lets give them the feedback.

Ultimately everyone who is upset about how this has been handled, and the majority of us have been left in a worse position to obtain tickets than last season's Gold/Silver scheme. You need to email/ring/tweet to express your unhappiness , If more than 1 or 2 of us do it they might start to listen and alter the process. Not asking for extremes but if you can display your displeasure on here I urge you to use your voice at the club also. as stated above the club want to hear this feedback so lets give them the feedback. please be polite and respectful as nobody goes to work and warrants being spoken to like a knob regardless of their bullshit scheme. 

• Like 1