Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

2 hours ago, rn9013 said:

The only way for you to buy tickets together at the same time would be for you to both buy through the ballot. 

Essentially if you are buying as a group you are as good as the person with the least amount of points in terms of priority. Does that make sense? 

Ok yeah that's cool, you confirmed what I thought, cheers.

15 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Ok yeah that's cool, you confirmed what I thought, cheers.

To confirm that, this is what was in their email and I was able to buy tickets after not being successful.

As there are a limited amount available, they are being sold on a first-come-first served basis from Thursday 17 August to those Fox Members who were unsuccessful in the Chelsea ballot.

• 5 months later...

Memberships seem to be a waste of time this year for the 2-3 games a season man like myself as a lot of the games against lower league opposition are going to general sale anyway (not bothered about the bigger games personally).

One of the main reasons I got memberships was a better chance of an FA Cup semi  final or final / League Cup final ticket should we get that far but I'd almost think it would still be easy enough to get a ticket or two for it on here.

Dont think I'll be renewing next season, whats everyone elses thoughts?

14 hours ago, Nalis said:

Memberships seem to be a waste of time this year for the 2-3 games a season man like myself as a lot of the games against lower league opposition are going to general sale anyway (not bothered about the bigger games personally).

One of the main reasons I got memberships was a better chance of an FA Cup semi  final or final / League Cup final ticket should we get that far but I'd almost think it would still be easy enough to get a ticket or two for it on here.

I think you're probably right, you should be able to get to the odd few games without being a member. I will probably have to renew again, but I go to every home game, and sometimes have to take my daughter so need to get seats together. Mind you since they've started opening and closing sales windows for different priorities, that's become hard work in itself! 

Did anyone on here go to the forum that was held a couple of weeks ago re: membership for next season? Just wondering if someone could report back on the issues that were raised as I suspect there may be another change for next season as I'm not sure this membership scheme has worked how the club thought it would do. 

On 2/3/2018 at 08:05, Nalis said:

Are you ever offered tickets in the section near the away fans when they don't take 3k? Yesterday it seemed like a lot of schools/ junior teams were located in that bit of the stadium.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Cheers Deb. I’ve just logged in to see where I’m at with loyalty points, although they’ll probably change it all in the summer again anyway. 

You, Rambo and I are all going to be ST holders next season so it won't matter :fc:

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

You, Rambo and I are all going to be ST holders next season so it won't matter :fc:

I won't be unfortunately. I tend to get to around 10 games a season, so my loyalty points won't be anywhere near the required amount for a ST :( I wanted one as a gold member because the amount of games I get to means it would work out cheaper to miss a few with a ST than continue as a member! Madness. 

7 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I won't be unfortunately. I tend to get to around 10 games a season, so my loyalty points won't be anywhere near the required amount for a ST :( I wanted one as a gold member because the amount of games I get to means it would work out cheaper to miss a few with a ST than continue as a member! Madness. 

Do you think they will allocate new ST's according to loyalty points this year then? I was already kind of looking forward to a repeat of last year's ballot, albeit with a different outcome. I still remember the day quite clearly, you, me, @ramboacdc and a few others desperately waiting for news

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Do you think they will allocate new ST's according to loyalty points this year then? I was already kind of looking forward to a repeat of last year's ballot, albeit with a different outcome. I still remember the day quite clearly, you, me, @ramboacdc and a few others desperately waiting for news

It was a special day. I just remember getting zero work done in the office, instead we were all on here anxiously waiting for something that never came, for any of us! From what I remember @ramboacdc has been in the ballot before too so really hope you get one this time mate! 

I would imagine they will allocate new ST's to those with the highest number of loyalty points, that would make the most sense I think. So that probably means they'll not do that actually. Ballot it is! 

How have you found the membership scheme this year? 

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

It was a special day. I just remember getting zero work done in the office, instead we were all on here anxiously waiting for something that never came, for any of us! From what I remember @ramboacdc has been in the ballot before too so really hope you get one this time mate! 

I would imagine they will allocate new ST's to those with the highest number of loyalty points, that would make the most sense I think. So that probably means they'll not do that actually. Ballot it is! 

Well I've managed to get tickets for every game so it's been worth it for me, the problem I have is with my daughter. She can probably make about half the home games so she has fewer points than me, which makes it hard for us to get seats together because I have to buy them at different times. When I was gold she was silver, so I would just wait and buy them both in the silver window, but you can't do that this season. Like you though, if I get the opportunity I would still buy her a ST, it is the only way to guarantee seats for every game together. 

And re the loyalty points for the ST's, that makes far too much sense so surely will be a ballot. Hopefully third time lucky for me! 

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Well I've managed to get tickets for every game so it's been worth it for me, the problem I have is with my daughter. She can probably make about half the home games so she has fewer points than me, which makes it hard for us to get seats together because I have to buy them at different times. When I was gold she was silver, so I would just wait and buy them both in the silver window, but you can't do that this season. Like you though, if I get the opportunity I would still buy her a ST, it is the only way to guarantee seats for every game together. 

And re the loyalty points for the ST's, that makes far too much sense so surely will be a ballot. Hopefully third time lucky for me! 

Yes I can see how getting seats together is a pain in the backside under this scheme. It will be interesting to see what they do for next season, I suspect they'll make a change somewhere. 

Fingers crossed for you this year!! 

• Thanks 1

On 21/02/2018 at 11:31, FoxesDeb said:

On 21/02/2018 at 11:36, rn9013 said:

i will see if i can budget for it. had money issues this year and made it to 0 games thanks to it. may just renew my membership until i am back on my feet and stay there. 

3 hours ago, ramboacdc said:

i will see if i can budget for it. had money issues this year and made it to 0 games thanks to it. may just renew my membership until i am back on my feet and stay there. 

Sorry to hear that mate. Fingers crossed you get back on your feet and down the KP soon! 

On 21/02/2018 at 11:42, FoxesDeb said:

What do you mean you can't buy together? You just wait for it to reach her points window and buy then. Or do you mean she doesn't have enough points for even the lowest window?

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

What do you mean you can't buy together? You just wait for it to reach her points window and buy then. Or do you mean she doesn't have enough points for even the lowest window?

No the brackets and buying windows  have changed, so when it reaches my daughters points level my window has closed. Without looking, I'm on more than 35 points, and she is on around 20. So I can buy my ticket in my window, but I can't buy it in her window. It's not like the old gold and silver days, when my buying window finishes hers starts but I can no longer buy. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain lol

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

No the brackets and buying windows  have changed, so when it reaches my daughters points level my window has closed. Without looking, I'm on more than 35 points, and she is on around 20. So I can buy my ticket in my window, but I can't buy it in her window. It's not like the old gold and silver days, when my buying window finishes hers starts but I can no longer buy. I hope that makes sense, it's hard to explain lol

No I understand what you are saying but I wasn't aware that was the case.  I've got 2 memberships on different points and I've never had an issue.

Infact to prove I'm not going mad I've just logged in and checked and I can still buy Newcastle tickets despite having missed the 1st sales window and it now having dropped to lower points.

Have you got both refs linked to the same account?

Or are you sure she actually has 20. As that's the lowest window if she's on 19 you need to start entering the ballot to get 1 more or get one once on sale to all members to break that ceiling.

Edited by Bayfox

Yes she's on my family list, I guessed at the points, I know I've got 38 but I can't see how many she's got, I know it's quite a few less. It's been an issue for us every time I've tried to buy, I can buy mine in my window, but if I wait until hers I can no longer buy my ticket because my window has closed. The first time it happened, after we changed from gold and silver last year when it was possible to do, I rang the TO and they said it is just the way it is this season. We've been lucky with where we sit (G1) that I've managed to get us seats one apart, and the bloke who should sit in between us, I think he's a ST holder, doesn't mind shifting along! 

She's definitely got more than 20 though because she's still in a sales bracket 

Edited by FoxesDeb
Clarification