Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

I presume there will be no need to enter the ballot at 9 a.m. on the day it opens. Those days of putting a sign on the office door "Please do not enter, busy sorting out critical networking issue" may be in the past now and the swear box won't be required anymore as threatening to throw the pc and its hanging web page out of the window won't be necessary.

Don't know if it's good or bad for me. As a Silver member I had good fortune and got a ticket every time I tried but I still might not be in the top band of Silver members regarding points as I'm limited mainly to attending Saturday / Sunday 3 O'Clocks. It's fair enough to reward those who went more often but I'd prefer my "luck" to be in my own hands based on patience and resiliance on release day than a computerised draw. Computers don't like me, I never win prize draws, freebies, raffles etc. I'm doomed.

It says you'll still be able to pick your seat, so there will still be a scramble of sorts once you get an email to say you're succesfull in the ballot. Better keep that door sign after all.

Remember the days when Pleat would end every one of his columns in the Programme "If you enjoy todays match then please bring a friend next time" as we struggled to get 14,000! Shakey will have to write "Want to bring a friend, hahahahaha...****ing no chance sunshine!"

• Like 1

To be honest I'm absolutely gutted. As I've said previously, I live over 100 miles away so it's a 200+ mile round trip for me, so I try to get to 1 game a month. Because of the CL this year (I went to all 5 home games), I have been financially limited to attending 5 premier league games. This means I will be going from gold member to probably middle priority. 

Therefore I am essentially being asked to pay £120 for me any my other half to enter a ballot for tickets, with no guarantees at all. Not only that, but the times I have to go on my own (as my partner works a lot of Saturdays), I will be unable to select a seat next to or near my dads ST because by the time the ballot takes place it is likely to be the last seats that are remaining.  

For the first time in my life I am seriously considering not bothering with a membership just out of principle, but I know the consequences of that will be watching no more of the club I love next season. ?

• Like 4

Just now, Sambiasso said:

The ballot just for away tickets isn't it??

The way I read it was home tickets are still on a priority tiered basis, priority is now numbers not Gold, Silver City members ala the away ticket sales used in previous years.

Nope. Available tickets will be equally split. Half will go to a top priority of members the other half will go into an all member ballot. 

Wow - possibly one of the most complicated membership schemes I've ever seen.  Impossible to know where you stand at this point unless you were gold and went to almost every game in the league.  Bit peeved cup competitions and aways don't count.

Nice to see the club's pure greed hasn't lessened charging £60 to try and get tickets.  We don't want low quality merch that may never get delivered, we just want to go and watch Leicester and charging £60 just for the chance to pay another £50 is shameful.  

9 hours ago, josh_baskin said:

Going to be a lot of people buying with the intention to sell on now so maybe a lot of the new members will be buying from older memebers seeking to keep there points tally higher.

This. Our club will become a completely closed shop. 

Expand the fvcking ground. 

Are they on sale now?
I fear the worst for next season. I have been a Gold member since those memberships came out and didn't make as many games last season as I did in the two seasons before. Would have been nice to get some loyalty points for the previous years. As it stands I don't have that many points. Gulp. 

• Like 1

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

Are they on sale now?
I fear the worst for next season. I have been a Gold member since those memberships came out and didn't make as many games last season as I did in the two seasons before. Would have been nice to get some loyalty points for the previous years. As it stands I don't have that many points. Gulp. 

Out of interest mate how many points are you on/how many games do you normally make. 

I only ask as I seem to remember you're in a similar position to me. I'll be on 19 points next season. I'm gutted. 

2 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Out of interest mate how many points are you on/how many games do you normally make. 

I only ask as I seem to remember you're in a similar position to me. I'll be on 19 points next season. I'm gutted. 

I only went to two Prem home games last season (and 3 away purchased directly from the club). I went to all the Champions League games, but the group package I bought for the group stages is not showing in my purchase history. Just the Atlético game (I bought the Sevilla ticket on here). Not sure if they Champions League tickets will count. I make that 17 points. I think I'm screwed.
A good run while it lasted though. I saw the Premier League trophy being lifted, but will miss days like these: 

• Like 2

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

I only went to two Prem home games last season (and 3 away purchased directly from the club). I went to all the Champions League games, but the group package I bought for the group stages is not showing in my purchase history. Just the Atlético game (I bought the Sevilla ticket on here). Not sure if they Champions League tickets will count. I make that 17 points. I think I'm screwed.
A good run while it lasted though. I saw the Premier League trophy being lifted, but will miss days like these: 

I feel your pain!

10 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I feel your pain!

It's actually dawning on me that it might be a waste of £120 (I have two Gold memberships) to renew as my points tally will be so low. I attend much more frequently in the two seasons before last season. Gutted. 

Edited by SydenhamFox

1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

It's actually dawning on me that it might be a waste of £120 (I have two Gold memberships) to renew as my points tally will be so low. I attend much more frequently in the two seasons before last season. Gutted. 

I'm in exactly the same boat. I said above with me and partner both having gold memberships (and both due to be on 19 points), I'm not sure it's worth £120 just to enter ballots. 

It's such a shame because like you, it is only because of the Champions League games that I missed so many league games last season. I normally go to far more. 

4 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I just can't believe only last season's games are being taken into account. 

"Rewarding loyalty" but only for when we were Champions of England.

6 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I'm in exactly the same boat. I said above with me and partner both having gold memberships (and both due to be on 19 points), I'm not sure it's worth £120 just to enter ballots. 

It's such a shame because like you, it is only because of the Champions League games that I missed so many league games last season. I normally go to far more. 

It's also going to be a nightmare to get two seats together. Especially as I have bought more tickets on one membership than the other. It was hard enough getting two together anyway in the last two seasons. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just can't believe only last season's games are being taken into account. 

"Rewarding loyalty" but only for when we were Champions of England.

Yes. I think the decision to only take into account one season is a really poor one by the club. Surely some points for being a Gold member for three years would have been a bit fairer than basing all on last season. I attended about 18 games in the previous two seasons. Just the 2 last season. I've really shot myself in the foot there.

Edited by SydenhamFox

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

It's also going to be a nightmare to get two seats together. Especially as I have bought more tickets on one membership than the other. It was hard enough getting two together anyway in the last two seasons. 

Yep you're right. Essentially a typical match day will have about 4,000 tickets released to members. So 2,000 will be taken by the top priority members, with the other 2,000 being sent to a ballot for the 13,000 other members. It's going to be hell. 

I raised my concerns with Jim yesterday, who got back to me this morning and assured me that points would be monitored closely and anyone found to be buying and then selling tickets simply to increase their loyalty points would be suspended from all other purchases and possibly from holding a membership going forward. Not sure how much I believe this but seems like a hell of a risk by members who do want to buy and sell tickets. 

One concern is that membership numbers will not be capped. So unless you are in the top tier of members, you could realistically be entering a ballot with 15,000+ members for 2,000 tickets.

3 hours ago, rn9013 said:

To be honest I'm absolutely gutted. As I've said previously, I live over 100 miles away so it's a 200+ mile round trip for me, so I try to get to 1 game a month. Because of the CL this year (I went to all 5 home games), I have been financially limited to attending 5 premier league games. This means I will be going from gold member to probably middle priority. 

Therefore I am essentially being asked to pay £120 for me any my other half to enter a ballot for tickets, with no guarantees at all. Not only that, but the times I have to go on my own (as my partner works a lot of Saturdays), I will be unable to select a seat next to or near my dads ST because by the time the ballot takes place it is likely to be the last seats that are remaining.  

For the first time in my life I am seriously considering not bothering with a membership just out of principle, but I know the consequences of that will be watching no more of the club I love next season. ?

That's a fair point my return journey to the KP IS 340 miles if I attend 6 games a season does that make me any less 'loyal' than someone who attends twice as many games but only as to travel 20 miles. I will have to concede that watching live games for me is a fond memory.

• Like 1