Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do we know if the CL games count as a point each as per the PL games? IE if you were Gold last season and went to all the CL games, you'd be on 20 points plus however many PL games you went to? 

Champions League games don't count. Its just Prem home games. Not even away games or cup are considered; all of which would have helped me out immensely.

16 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I raised my concerns with Jim yesterday, who got back to me this morning and assured me that points would be monitored closely and anyone found to be buying and then selling tickets simply to increase their loyalty points would be suspended from all other purchases and possibly from holding a membership going forward. Not sure how much I believe this but seems like a hell of a risk by members who do want to buy and sell tickets. 

One concern is that membership numbers will not be capped. So unless you are in the top tier of members, you could realistically be entering a ballot with 15,000+ members for 2,000 tickets.

That sounds like a load of bull to me. If the club really do frown upon that kind of behaviour they'd have done something about all those P1 STH who sell on more than they attend.

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

That sounds like a load of bull to me. If the club really do frown upon that kind of behaviour they'd have done something about all those P1 STH who sell on more than they attend.

It more than certainly is bull. 

So only home PL games count towards this seasons points.....but do we know going forward whether a point will be allocated for ALL match tickets bought (whether home, away, cup), or will it just be home PL games?

Just now, rn9013 said:

It more than certainly is bull. 

So only home PL games count towards this seasons points.....but do we know going forward whether a point will be allocated for ALL match tickets bought (whether home, away, cup), or will it just be home PL games?

Yes. It's only Prem home games. No CL, cup games, or even away matches.

Just now, rn9013 said:

I have just been told that the club will only guarantee a minimum of 2,000 tickets will be released to members for every home game.......that would be a hell of a lot of corporate/freebies given away. 

Isn't that the same as last season 1500 for golds and 500 for silvers wasn't it.

Just now, Bayfox said:

Isn't that the same as last season 1500 for golds and 500 for silvers wasn't it.

Yep, but at least those membership numbers were capped. So although they were only promising 2,000 tickets-there was an absolute cap of 10,000 (6,000 silver and 4,000 gold). They are now not capping memberships and apparently this season we had 15,000 members. All in the one ballot for 1,000 tickets. 

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

Yep, but at least those membership numbers were capped. So although they were only promising 2,000 tickets-there was an absolute cap of 10,000 (6,000 silver and 4,000 gold). They are now not capping memberships and apparently this season we had 15,000 members. All in the one ballot for 1,000 tickets. 

Really not happy about this. My loyalty points score after three years of being a Gold member is now just 17 points, which is now basically worthless. It is a joke that AWAY games, cup games and Champion's League games don't count. I really don't want to spunk £120 (to renew two memberships) up the wall to enter a ballot with God knows how many other thousands of people for a chance not even to choose where I sit and who I sit next too (should I be lucky enough to win in the ballot). That is a big departure from being able to log in at 9am and select two seats together for any home fixture.

BUT if I don't renew out of principle I will not be able to attend again until the next time we get relegated! FFS! Talk about between being between a rock and a hard place.

Can't say I'm too surprised by this shambolic ploy to flog a greater number of more expensive memberships.

No emails from the club (current silver member), no clarity around how points mechanism works, no caps on membership numbers. Called the club ticket office for clarification and was told they'd only been briefed on the scheme late on Friday! Fellow I spoke to encouraged me to leave feedback so I don't think people inside the club are too impressed on how this is being handled either.

Edited by Rodders

9 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Really milking the memberships then. Many pound notes for a slim chance of a ticket. Well i'll keep our 3 and hope the rest of you don't bother lol

• Like 1

i don't get why they are doing a ballot for away tickets. members know they are below the pecking order for away tickets, we accept it. If i entered the ballot i would offer the tickets here to a season ticket holder. 

price is cheaper than last year for me which i like and the points system seems to be the best they could really. cant go back more than 1 season really or its not fair on some.

12 hours ago, theboyC said:

Fantastic ! I went to every home game last season and all champs league games... only got Athletico tickets due to UEFA returns. This points system will be fair to Local fans who attend games. The away ballot is a bonus for us and £30 cheaper fee. Anyone who moans at the new system doesn't Live close to the ground. It's suits  me and my family are very happy with it ???

fixed it for you mate. 

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Really not happy about this. My loyalty points score after three years of being a Gold member is now just 17 points, which is now basically worthless. It is a joke that AWAY games, cup games and Champion's League games don't count. I really don't want to spunk £120 (to renew two memberships) up the wall to enter a ballot with God knows how many other thousands of people for a chance not even to choose where I sit and who I sit next too (should I be lucky enough to win in the ballot). That is a big departure from being able to log in at 9am and select two seats together for any home fixture.

BUT if I don't renew out of principle I will not be able to attend again until the next time we get relegated! FFS! Talk about between being between a rock and a hard place.

They know that we love our club and will all probably end up renewing. They have a gun to our head and they know we will empty the vault to see our club. Until demand dies down they will continue to exploit it for all its worth. However I've said it before and I'll say it again....LCFC should be nice to those of us who travel hundreds of miles to watch our club on the way up, because they'll need us on the way down again.

15 hours ago, rn9013 said:

I suppose the first question is.....what will be classed as first priority?? Over 15 points?....20? more?

I feel the price is far too steep. Who in their right mind as a City Fox member last year is going to pay £60 to enter a ballot?

its averaging out the price. sadly they jacked the price up of gold last season. 

Hold the phone im reading this through again. so half home tickets go through the priority system at first come first served and the other half go into pot luck? 2% of away tickets go to members at the same time as P1 ST holders. You have finite time to buy any tickets and priority points higher doesnt mean priority. it just means you have more?

......the **** is this shower of shit? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Really milking the memberships then. Many pound notes for a slim chance of a ticket. Well i'll keep our 3 and hope the rest of you don't bother lol

This could well be the case possibly. Those who pick and choose 'big games' by effectively buying priority with a gold membership may disappear this season. If people get lucky in the ballot, which I think could well happen, they should be ok as a lot of games last season went through all the membership tiers and occasionally to ST holders for extras too. I know it was mostly single tickets available only towards the end, but this year I think you could soon build up points.

It is a gamble because as has been said above there is no cap on numbers, but a gamble I think would be well worth taking if I was a member, particularly if you have some points from last season already. I think regular attenders could soon work there way up.

Edited by Drew Peacock

2 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Hold the phone im reading this through again. so half home tickets go through the priority system at first come first served and the other half go into pot luck? 2% of away tickets go to members at the same time as P1 ST holders. You have finite time to buy any tickets and priority points higher doesnt mean priority. it just means you have more?

Precisely. 

As I understand it half of home tickets will go on sale to members in priority order: eg.

Wednesday: Those with 25+ points

Thursday: Those with 20+ points

Friday: Those with 15+ points. 

The other half will be up for a ballot which all members can enter (unless they have purchased via the priority system). 

2% of away tickets will be available for all members who enter the ballot. 

All tickets bought for home PL games will mean members receive 1 loyalty point after the fixture has taken place. 

Now I've wrote that out it doesn't look nearly half as bad. Maybe the club have just over complicated the literature. The one major flaw is those who will buy tickets to sell on just to maintain their priority status. 

11 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

In effect yes. Then as the tickets filter down through the priorities it could well mean that some ST holders on lower away priority points lose out. So you could be faced with someone never having been to a home or away match ever, until next season, getting an away ticket over a ST holder for 3 years who has also been to some aways. Very odd.

Edited by Drew Peacock

Just a thought re the ballot. We had 4 members last season and they always wanted tickets in the kop as near to us as possible. I'm able to log on and select seats.

Next season will ballot winners so to speak just be allocated a seat when i log in. As they do when reserving season ticket seats for cup ties etc or will it become 1st served at the point of logging in?

Dammed if I'm entering a ballot and paying 70 quid for the west stand.

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Just a thought re the ballot. We had 4 members last season and they always wanted tickets in the kop as near to us as possible. I'm able to log on and select seats.

Next season will ballot winners so to speak just be allocated a seat when i log in. As they do when reserving season ticket seats for cup ties etc or will it become 1st served at the point of logging in?

I think you get an email if you are successful in the ballot, and then you log on or ring to get your ticket. So presumably you will choose seats still. You'll need a good diary system. What a pain in the arse.

Edit: Presumably if you are one of the priority members you will also be able to just book seats on your day without obviously waiting for an email too.

Edited by Drew Peacock

10 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

No you can log on and select seats if you are selected in the ballot. 

But like you say....I have absolutely no interest in paying £70 a ticket in the West Stand

18 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

Precisely. 

As I understand it half of home tickets will go on sale to members in priority order: eg.

Wednesday: Those with 25+ points

Thursday: Those with 20+ points

Friday: Those with 15+ points. 

The other half will be up for a ballot which all members can enter (unless they have purchased via the priority system). 

2% of away tickets will be available for all members who enter the ballot. 

All tickets bought for home PL games will mean members receive 1 loyalty point after the fixture has taken place. 

Now I've wrote that out it doesn't look nearly half as bad. Maybe the club have just over complicated the literature. The one major flaw is those who will buy tickets to sell on just to maintain their priority status. 

I was wondering what the points cut-offs would be.  Where did this information come from?  I have 32 points so I'm hoping I'll be OK.  

Just now, Qwerty said:

I was wondering what the points cut-offs would be.  Where did this information come from?  I have 32 points so I'm hoping I'll be OK.  

I was just using those as an example. I have no idea what the cut offs will actually be. 

5 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I was just using those as an example. I have no idea what the cut offs will actually be. 

Where do you get the points info from ?  My lcfddirect account is still showing my points from last season

Just now, razh said:

Where do you get the points info from ?  My lcfddirect account is still showing my points from last season

I assume you mean your own points tally going into next season?

Gold members start on 15 points + 1 point for each PL home game they attended in 16/17

Silver members start on 10 points + 1 point for each PL home game they attended in 16/17

City Fox members start on 5 points + 1 point for each PL home game they attended in 16/17

New members start on 0