Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

5 minutes ago, Ralph said:

I've read the brochure (FAQ) a couple of times and scanned this thread but need confirmation from you guys on a couple of things.

Currently me and my two boys have Gold membership and apply for three tickets at a time.

• The application form is for a single application. Not allowing any where to recognise family members. Unless I put multiple (3)  membership numbers on the form
  • Is there anywhere stating that an adult and two under 18 members make one application in any ballot?
  • So, Is there a chance that only one of the three gets a ticket

Can any one clear that up for me?

From the faq

In order to facilitate group bookings, each member of the group will have to match the points criteria which is stipulated for the group application to be successful. Any group larger than four people has the potential to significantly reduce the chance of the group sitting together, based on the limited availability of seats.

9 minutes ago, red5 said:

From the faq

In order to facilitate group bookings, each member of the group will have to match the points criteria which is stipulated for the group application to be successful. Any group larger than four people has the potential to significantly reduce the chance of the group sitting together, based on the limited availability of seats.

Cheers red5. Didn't associate group booking with family. 3 separate applications then. I'll mull it over!

6 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Cheers red5. Didn't associate group booking with family. 3 separate applications then. I'll mull it over!

I have 2 under-18s too, and I was going to buy membership over the phone, so I can explain and clarify what I need to do.  My kids are young so can't sit on their own, so our membership really has to be as a group. 

20 minutes ago, red5 said:

From the faq

I'm still confused!  So, say me and one of my kids have 30 points each, but one of the kids only has 29 (missed a game) - does that mean we can't go as a group?  Or we can go as a group, but will all have to downgrade our points to 29?

We have gone to 8 games at home last season in Premier league and are gold members, so that will be 23 points? Shame they don't include either away or champions league games as this would go up for me to 30 odd. 

23 points should get you to tier 2 of the priority system surely?

Sounds like they tried to please everyone but ended up pleasing no-one with the new system.

Except for the £60 membership fee itself which has rightly fvcked everyone off.

Edited by Nalis

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Sounds like they tried to please everyone but ended up pleasing no-one with the new system.

Except for the £60 membership fee itself which has rightly fvcked everyone off.

This.  There's some oddities in the way they want to do it but at least they are trying a genuine change from previous seasons.

The £60 charge is unjustifiable though, £30 and it's still a great earner for the club and people don't feel like they've been shafted.

Last year I justified the £90 to myself by the once in a lifetime champions league but £60 for just the chance of tickets is testing my resolve big time.

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

I'm still confused!  So, say me and one of my kids have 30 points each, but one of the kids only has 29 (missed a game) - does that mean we can't go as a group?  Or we can go as a group, but will all have to downgrade our points to 29?

Based on the away system to all get tickets you would have to wait until 29 points to all buy at the same time.

Eg. I have 230+ away points my girl has 167 and my lad 157 if we want 3 tickets together i have to wait for it to hit 155+

1 hour ago, Qwerty said:

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

Me and a family member will have different points. So say (for example) I have 20 points and he has 14, and the cut off point to get tickets before the ballot is 15 points, he has to apply via the ballot. But if we want to attend together then can I wait for the ballot so we can apply together? Or will they say no because I've got too many points and I don't "match the points criteria which is stipulated for the group application".

Like last season when Gold members weren't allowed to buy tickets in the Silver window - I know a few people were caught out by this. I hope they've thought about this....

7 minutes ago, dave123 said:

I've been thinking the exact same thing.

Me and a family member will have different points. So say (for example) I have 20 points and he has 14, and the cut off point to get tickets before the ballot is 15 points, he has to apply via the ballot. But if we want to attend together then can I wait for the ballot so we can apply together? Or will they say no because I've got too many points and I don't "match the points criteria which is stipulated for the group application".

Like last season when Gold members weren't allowed to buy tickets in the Silver window - I know a few people were caught out by this. I hope they've thought about this....

No you will be allowed to apply in the ballot. The only members who will not be allowed to enter a ballot are those that have already purchased a ticket through the priority point system. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samir said:

We have gone to 8 games at home last season in Premier league and are gold members, so that will be 23 points? Shame they don't include either away or champions league games as this would go up for me to 30 odd. 

23 points should get you to tier 2 of the priority system surely?

What tier 2 ?

1 minute ago, red5 said:

What tier 2 ?

I meant like there will be tiers in the priority system, so people with 25+ points will be able to buy tickets before others with 15+ points. I am trying to find what the threshold will be as with 23 points, not sure whether a membership is worth it. My brother is likely to buy it anyway, just wondering what the threshold ofr tiers will be?

5 minutes ago, Samir said:

I meant like there will be tiers in the priority system, so people with 25+ points will be able to buy tickets before others with 15+ points. I am trying to find what the threshold will be as with 23 points, not sure whether a membership is worth it. My brother is likely to buy it anyway, just wondering what the threshold ofr tiers will be?

I doubt they will say until nearer the start of the season when most people will have already bought their membership. And it may change anyway for certain games and or later in the season.

The minimum points needed for priority I mean. 

Edited by Drew Peacock

3 minutes ago, Samir said:

No tiers just one priority period, and no one knows yet the points needed. 

Just now, Drew Peacock said:

I doubt they will say until nearer the start of the season when most people will have already bought their membership. And it may change anyway for certain games and or later in the season.

It's make it really difficult to guess whether a membership is worth it then as without a fixed amount of membership being sold, the ballot is going to be very difficult and it is probably not worth it if you are lower down on the priority system. Umm, probably take a chance on the membership option and hope for the best I guess.

1 hour ago, Foxy harry said:

I quite like this idea to be honest, reward for loyal fans

Loyalty based on just one season only and also only for home games.

I'm disappointed they didn't base it on more than that. I went to a lot of home games in the great escape season and when we won the league. Far less last season, so I am screwed. 

I went to more away games last season than home. Get zero points for that.

Unsure what has prompted all the panic, no new fans will be daft enough to part with £60 all for the privilege of entering a ballot which may enable them to purchase the odd match ticket on the offchance when they fancy attending a game against Chelsea or teams of similar ilk. I should have 25 points but should this mean I'll be in the ballot crew, Loughborough Dynamo will seem a far more attractive proposition! Or that's what Im saying at the moment anyway:unsure:

10 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

Unsure what has prompted all the panic

It's not panicking just people are rightly pis sed off with how its been done. 

There's folk who have to travel and their loyalty is based on 1 season, when in reality they have been coming for years.

Families who have been to different amount to matches to their spouse/children meaning people are in different loyalty tiers

ST holders can't sit with their kids if they hit ballot allocation. Where as on the Gold & Silver it wasn't a problem

Not sure why points for Champions League Gold & Silver packages have not been taken into account.

The Club/Jim say there is an unlimited amount of memberships available meaning if you were to try to get tickets via ballot your "Loyalty" means bob all.

2% away allocation to members is an insult to STH(like me) who struggle to get away tickets. Why a member should be allowed to enter a ballot with 0 loyalty points over a STH with 150+ is plain stupid. So by the time P1,2,3 have theirs, Club have creamed their allocation why should someone who's paid £60 for a season have advantage over a STH who has spent £1200+ over the past 3 seasons?

Gold - £60, Silver - £40 and City - £20 seem a bit too much like common sense?  Everyone knew where they stood and were relatively happy..ish. I love the owners Premier League on the pitch but total flucking tin pot when it comes to off the field ie: ticket office, catering, club shop.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

It's not panicking just people are rightly pis sed off with how its been done. 

There's folk who have to travel and their loyalty is based on 1 season, when in reality they have been coming for years.

Families who have been to different amount to matches to their spouse/children meaning people are in different loyalty tiers

ST holders can't sit with their kids if they hit ballot allocation. Where as on the Gold & Silver it wasn't a problem

Not sure why points for Champions League Gold & Silver packages have not been taken into account.

The Club/Jim say there is an unlimited amount of memberships available meaning if you were to try to get tickets via ballot your "Loyalty" means bob all.

2% away allocation to members is an insult to STH(like me) who struggle to get away tickets. Why a member should be allowed to enter a ballot with 0 loyalty points over a STH with 150+ is plain stupid. So by the time P1,2,3 have theirs, Club have creamed their allocation why should someone who's paid £60 for a season have advantage over a STH who has spent £1200+ over the past 3 seasons?

Gold - £60, Silver - £40 and City - £20 seem a bit too much like common sense?  Everyone knew where they stood and were relatively happy..ish. I love the owners Premier League on the pitch but total flucking tin pot when it comes to off the field ie: ticket office, catering, club shop.

When you put it like that I can understand people feeling disgruntled, have the club actually given an official figure of how many match tickets in total will be available to all members? 

5 hours ago, razh said:

Just a heads up - I have looked at my purchase history on lcfcdirect and 3 games i bought tickets for are not showing.  I know i only missed one home  game last season but was double checking....

I noticed the same, but when I rang the ticket office my missing games were  visible on their system after all, so hopefully the points will still be generated 

5 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

When you put it like that I can understand people feeling disgruntled, have the club actually given an official figure of how many match tickets in total will be available to all members? 

A minimum of 2000 same as last season.

1000 released in priority order and 1000 balloted.

But as mentioned earlier at least last season you knew on gold you had a 1 in 3 chance and silver 1 in 6. With unlimited sales who knows what your chances will be.