Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
red5

Membership 17/18

So....the fixture list has just proven how this membership has screwed me and the other half over. 

I don't work Saturdays whereas my other half often does. I can make the Brighton game for example, she can't. That means that from September we will be on different loyalty points. Therefore when we both want to attend a match together, the chances are I'm going to have to wait for the ballot rather than try and get a ticket through the priority application-or risk being sat away from each other. 

Great.

Seriously should I even bother??

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

What annoys me is the club claimed they had done "extensive research" into memberships, which we were not asked our opinions( as members), and by the look of it nobody else did. so clearly wasn't researched at all or couldn't be bothered to ask the fans. 

They did speak to people, it just wasn't publicised. 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well no, becasue 'loyal fans' would have accumulated plenty of points from the last few seasons before the last one. 

Loyal fans under the new scheme have the previous seasons points removed..... they do not count for tickets for the 17/18 season

4 hours ago, rn9013 said:

So....the fixture list has just proven how this membership has screwed me and the other half over. 

I don't work Saturdays whereas my other half often does. I can make the Brighton game for example, she can't. That means that from September we will be on different loyalty points. Therefore when we both want to attend a match together, the chances are I'm going to have to wait for the ballot rather than try and get a ticket through the priority application-or risk being sat away from each other. 

Great.

It's only going to be 1 point which probably won't change much, but in any case how is it the clubs fault that your mrs works saturdays but you don't? 

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

It's only going to be 1 point which probably won't change much, but in any case how is it the clubs fault that your mrs works saturdays but you don't? 

Where did I say it was the clubs fault I work different days to my Mrs?? I was using it as an example to make a valid point that many people will find themselves on different tiers to family members which will make purchasing tickets as a family increasingly difficult as the membership scheme goes on. At least under the old system as long as you purchased the same membership for each of the family members who may want tickets together, you knew that you could get tickets together. 

Edited by rn9013

It's difficult for the club to put a package together that would please everybody. Fair play to them for actually changing it and trying something else. Not got a membership myself but on the face of it I think it's a change for the better.

• Like 1

To be honest I have been in discussions with people at the club about some of my reservations.....and I have to say that the new membership scheme probably isn't as bad as it first looks to some. 

As always, I just think things haven't been particularly well communicated. For example, as current members, we still haven't received an email about the change. That in itself is shocking, considering most members in 16/17 have spent £75/£90 on a membership, an email informing them of a new membership wouldn't have taken much. 

Instead the first people are hearing about it is via a brochure that is quite wishy washy in detail. It just means people are instantly looking at it from a sceptical angle. 

18 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

To be honest I have been in discussions with people at the club about some of my reservations.....and I have to say that the new membership scheme probably isn't as bad as it first looks to some. 

As always, I just think things haven't been particularly well communicated. For example, as current members, we still haven't received an email about the change. That in itself is shocking, considering most members in 16/17 have spent £75/£90 on a membership, an email informing them of a new membership wouldn't have taken much. 

Instead the first people are hearing about it is via a brochure that is quite wishy washy in detail. It just means people are instantly looking at it from a sceptical angle. 

What did you ask the club ?

1 minute ago, razh said:

What did you ask the club ?

I just asked about being able to sit together if some in a family get tickets via priority access and others via the ballot-to which I was told it would be possible to swap seats if someone is successful in the ballot and wants to sit with someone that bought a ticket via priority access. A bit of a long winded process compared to last year but at least they acknowledged the issue and are willing to resolve it. 

Also I was told that loyalty points would be closely monitored and that those caught buying tickets via the priority system or ballot only to sell on to keep their points high would face a membership ban. Only time will tell whether this is BS or whether they genuinely want to clamp down on it, but as far as I can see it is a genuine flaw in the system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue717 said:

It's difficult for the club to put a package together that would please everybody. Fair play to them for actually changing it and trying something else. Not got a membership myself but on the face of it I think it's a change for the better.

Its just a marketing strategy to get the general public who wouldn't have bothered with tickets believing there was zero hope because they would be at the back of the queue to part with £60.

Edited by josh_baskin

2 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Where did I say it was the clubs fault I work different days to my Mrs?? I was using it as an example to make a valid point that many people will find themselves on different tiers to family members which will make purchasing tickets as a family increasingly difficult as the membership scheme goes on. At least under the old system as long as you purchased the same membership for each of the family members who may want tickets together, you knew that you could get tickets together. 

My 3 season tickets are on 3 different levels meaning if i want to get 3 away tickets together i have to wait until 155 points.

All systems have flaws. I was lucky enough to have a season ticket at 14 and keep it and attend aways during most of that time. So i'm high. My kids have now rocked up and luckily i took a punt on buying season tickets when they were both 2. Looks a great idea now. But they are 50 odd points behind me in terms of aways.

Whatever the club try to do they will never please everyone. I think the drop in fee and the away ticket possibility is meant to apease some of the obvious home issues.

It's the ballot that gets me. I mean i understand the reasons behind it. But they can barely wipe their noses in that office let alone run a random ballot.

As for your dilemma buy a ticket in the other halves name. Offer it to your mates and the one willing to dress as a women gets it. Problem solved.

• Like 2

I just bought two memberships having had Gold for a few seasons.

I logged onto my account and clicked the Loyalty Points option.  

Interesting - it says we have 61 points for the two cards:

• Gold Fox purchase date 09/2016 - renewed this in Aug 2016 = 30 points
  • Gold Fox purchase date 08/2014 (!) - renewed this in Aug 2016 = 30 points
  • Man Utd Away 09/2016 (a game I didn't attend or buy a ticket for!) = 1 point

Looks like they have some database work to do?  

Maybe should be happy to keep 30 points per card. 15 for renewal and 1 for each home game seems a pretty good number to me.  I think I probably did attend 15 games last season. Happy days

21 minutes ago, Biggus said:

I just bought two memberships having had Gold for a few seasons.

I logged onto my account and clicked the Loyalty Points option.  

Interesting - it says we have 61 points for the two cards:

• Gold Fox purchase date 09/2016 - renewed this in Aug 2016 = 30 points
  • Gold Fox purchase date 08/2014 (!) - renewed this in Aug 2016 = 30 points
  • Man Utd Away 09/2016 (a game I didn't attend or buy a ticket for!) = 1 point

Looks like they have some database work to do?  

Maybe should be happy to keep 30 points per card. 15 for renewal and 1 for each home game seems a pretty good number to me.  I think I probably did attend 15 games last season. Happy days

I bought membership for me and the kids today, and when I asked about the points I was told that would all be sorted in a few weeks, in time for the first ticket sales.  This worries me - I've got a feeling we'll all get told the points we've got, and they'll be nothing like what we think we've got!  

9 hours ago, rn9013 said:

Great.

There is your answer. New system seems perfect.

• Like 1

Hi

What would you do?

I will be in Leicester for a week with my elderly Dad over Christmas. He's been a LCFC supporter since 50s .... me since 80's. He lives in Australia.... me Qatar. The last time I saw a game live was 2003/04 season ..... him when Frank Worthington was banging them in and Keith Weller was wearing tights. When we are there we have the possibility to see one of two games either LCFC v LFC away on 30 December or LCFC v Huddersfield home on 1 Jan. Which one would we have the best chance of seeing? Neither or us have LCFC memberships. There are plenty of websites that sell LFC tickets (although none on sale for that game yet) so there is a chance (not sure how much of a chance though and at what cost) there but it means sitting with scousers. We could also purchase LFC memberships to see if we could get a ticket for just that game not sure though whether a membership would guarantee a ticket. We could pay 60 quid each to get LCFC memberships but again I don't know what chance that would give us for getting home game tickets. Any advice appreciated. Cheers Stephen

4 hours ago, rn9013 said:

I didn't say that you did but your previous post seemed to me to infer it was somehow their fault that you would be on different priority points because of your jobs, which would be the case in literally any priority system because you are always going to have the same issue. I don't mean to pick you out personally mate and I'm glad to see the club have appeased some of your concerns.

I just think it's a shame that even though the club are trying to improve the system and are bringing in a home priority system (which in principle is a great idea), the majority of the reaction is moaning, and a fair bit of very personal moaning that doesn't consider how many fans in different situations might be rewarded. There are things they could tweak but at least they're trying to do things differently.