Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The_77

Arsenal Away 11 August

Be interesting to see how the club will be selling away tickets this year especially those that are popular and usually sell out. 2% of away tickets will also be kept back for fans that join the membership scheme for the coming season. So could some season ticket holders miss out.

17 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Be interesting to see how the club will be selling away tickets this year especially those that are popular and usually sell out. 2% of away tickets will also be kept back for fans that join the membership scheme for the coming season. So could some season ticket holders miss out.

Well clearly season ticket holders will miss out compared to the current system as essentially 60 ish tickets will not be available to them. But as i understand it they have now said season ticket holders that don't meet points critera will be allowed to enter the ballot now as well.

Which will probably piss members off as well again lol

Problem is they have a ballot, say a father and son both want a ticket they go into the draw and the son gets a ticket who is say 11 years old and the father doesn't get a ticket. Does the dad let his son go on his own and how does he get their because he won't be able to go on the official Foxes travel because they don't let you on without an adult. I can see a lot of people getting pissed off with the whole scenario.

26 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

But as i understand it they have now said season ticket holders that don't meet points critera will be allowed to enter the ballot now as well.

Wait so if every ST holder that doesn't get one is eligible via the ballot as well as all the members, you could have 25000+ people applying for 2% of the away end at Bournemouth (26 tickets if you're counting) lollollollol 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wait so if every ST holder that doesn't get one is eligible via the ballot as well as all the members, you could have 25000+ people applying for 2% of the away end at Bournemouth (26 tickets if you're counting) lollollollol 

According to what was written on twitter by jim. But we know that can be wrong or change.

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

The 1st step the club should take is scrapping the away scheme.

I use most my tickets in a normal year but last year with CL football i had to sell a number. In most cases mates had them but i was forced to sell them as i couldn't afford both yet the club only let you return 4 per season.

Think if people had to log on at 9am to buy and couldn't guarantee a buyer they would think twice. But because they have paid and are limited in returns they have to sell.

So just because your financial situation means you can't afford to attend every away game you think the club should scrap the away scheme? lol

I've heard it all now.

Just for your information, not everyone is able to sit at a PC, iPad, etc at 9am to log on to buy tickets, also some of us aren't living hand to mouth and can afford to attend every game and this scheme suits us just fine.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

So just because your financial situation means you can't afford to attend every away game you think the club should scrap the away scheme? lol

I've heard it all now.

Just for your information, not everyone is able to sit at a PC, iPad, etc at 9am to log on to buy tickets, also some of us aren't living hand to mouth and can afford to attend every game and this scheme suits us just fine.

Sorry at which point did i suggest that i couldn't afford it on a normal basis. But last year spending about 5k in european trips took priority. 

I could happily sit with 4 or 5 of us on the away scheme this season and risk losing 30 quid for 1 match ticket. But as there are 500 on it i'd hazard a guess a lot of the tickets for the lesser games that crop up for sale come from that group.

And as the club have said they will look at scrapping it for 2018/19 I'd suggest they agree.

As for living hand to mouth i'm good thanks and if i was i wouldn't have access to a laptop at 9am every week to purchase my families and friends tickets not on away scheme now would i.

I'd wager that a few on the away scheme keep it up for man utd chelsea etc and have enough cash to risk losing 90 quid buy not going swansea, Brighton and Huddersfield next season.

Yet all those trips are move enjoyable than old trafford or everton.

Quite amusing that our away ends are probably as bad as I've ever known them, yet demand is at an all time high....

I did more CL aways than league ones last season and besides Bourno, Burnley, Hudders and Palace nothing interests me this coming season. Won't be handing my ref out or selling tickets however - Got a lot of time for the younger lot trying to climb the ladder right now, it was a piece of piss back in '05.

1 hour ago, Tommeh said:

Quite amusing that our away ends are probably as bad as I've ever known them, yet demand is at an all time high....

I did more CL aways than league ones last season and besides Bourno, Burnley, Hudders and Palace nothing interests me this coming season. Won't be handing my ref out or selling tickets however - Got a lot of time for the younger lot trying to climb the ladder right now, it was a piece of piss back in '05.

You've pretty much picked what will probably be my favourite aways this year too. Although I always enjoy Watford as well.

I don't really like The so called 'big club' grounds. The atmosphere is generally shit, Old Trafford being the worst now in my opinion.

Away support certainly had a different feel in the lower leagues, maybe because it's not so much the 'celebrity culture.' The glamour of the  PL attracts a different breed.

I go to watch Leicester, not to admire and be starstruck by the other team. Maybe that's the difference with some these days.

Still wouldn't want to go back down though, or change what has happened to this club! It's just lost its rough edges and been sanitised. Which is not always a good thing, and one price of success I guess.

2 hours ago, Tommeh said:

How will you get tickets for them?

26 minutes ago, red5 said:

How will you get tickets for them?

By using my own ST + Ref. Not sure on my exact points right now but having been on the away scheme from 2014-2016 and 80% of aways from the previous Championship campaigns it puts me in a decent position priority wise. 

Unless we have a few tasty cup trips I'll probably drop back a couple of brackets by this time next year which is fine by me (until we get back in Europe!!)

2 hours ago, Tommeh said:

By using my own ST + Ref. Not sure on my exact points right now but having been on the away scheme from 2014-2016 and 80% of aways from the previous Championship campaigns it puts me in a decent position priority wise. 

Unless we have a few tasty cup trips I'll probably drop back a couple of brackets by this time next year which is fine by me (until we get back in Europe!!)

I thought you could only miss 4 games on the away scheme.

For the past 3 seasons I've had a pair of arsenal membership just so that I could get tickets for our game at the Emirates, albeit in the home end. It's expensive, but if really wanna go...

2 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Will this sell out before 150 points? 

Was thinking it might cause first game of the season but now on TV and people may struggle to get down on a Friday night 

I don't think 150 points will be a target, as yet no one knows what's happening other than those on the away scheme have had their firms through to tick off which they want to attend.

But the 150 could well be 200 by August as with the last few seasons they've added 50 to each ST, unless they drop the championship seasons away tickets from the criteria.

We just don't know yet.

21 minutes ago, promised land said:

I don't think 150 points will be a target, as yet no one knows what's happening other than those on the away scheme have had their firms through to tick off which they want to attend.

But the 150 could well be 200 by August as with the last few seasons they've added 50 to each ST, unless they drop the championship seasons away tickets from the criteria.

We just don't know yet.

Ok cheers.

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

Anyone know the best place to train/tram too for this? Never been arsenal 

Pretty sure I got off at Highbury & Islington last time. Can't remember but they shut a couple on match days - Holloway Road is one of them I think. Emirates is easy enough to get too. 

Still unsure about this. May have to miss it now given the change of date.

Archived