Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wattolcfc

Jonny Evans

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

West Brom fans are very insulted by our 10m offer from what I have seen hehe

I wouldnt be surprised if his agent is tarting him about because he ( unofficially) wants to leave... so they can expect lower offers if he communicates that to WBA aswell...

Besides, its surely buisness 101 that you dont accept nor expect  the first offer to be accepted...

A super solid defender who'd do well at our club. Interesting to see that in Maguire and Evans we are looking closer to home for signings, which is something the FT faithful have wanted for a while. 

I'm not convinced we need to buy two centre backs, but had we got Evans for 10M, I would consider that a fantastic deal.

I like that we are doing business already, and are getting in players we need that will improve the first team. Last year we took way too long and signed players we didn't really need. This is a promising sign already.

35 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

People would be happy with this?

I've lost the will to live.

Yes he is shit the same guy who played in the heart of WBA defence that conceded very little last season and a fantastic finish, the same player who can actually control a football rather than hoof, also has 4 title wins on his CV.

Yes no one would be happy with him.

Big part of a defence that performs ALOT better than our does. Especially last year. He's also been a big reason that a very poor N.Ireland have been massively over performing recently. 

More comfortable with the ball at his feet than our current centre backs and has more PL experience than them too. (Huth arguably has more)

If we can get him for somewhere around the quoted figure I would be happy and I wasn't even sold on the fact that we needed two new CB's.

Guest CityFan 06

Definitely have Evans. Underrated, very good defender. 

Unlikely West Brom will sell though, understandably. 

West Brom have turned down a £10m bid from Leicester for Northern Ireland skipper Jonny Evans.

It is thought Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare wants Evans in addition to another central defender, Harry Maguire, who is about to join the club from Hull for £17m.

It is understood West Brom dismissed the Evans bid instantly and have no intention of selling the player, who still has two years remaining on his contract.

The 29-year-old joined West Brom from Manchester United in a £6m deal two years ago.

He has made 62 Premier League appearances for the Baggies and, following the departure of Darren Fletcher to Stoke, would be a major contender to take over as captain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40028285

Pulls has used him in midfield and left back this season, as well as CB. He's a quality, experienced PL CB - Arsenal wouldn't have tabled an offer if he wasn't decent.

i agree with, was it Babs?, add another CB & move Benny on. We'd have four proven PL CBS, plus Simpson, Fuchs & Amartey if needed due to injury or formation.

Pulis always wants to add pace to his squad so there may yet be legs in some sort of swap deal involving Musa.

It's a yes please from me.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

West Brom have turned down a £10m bid from Leicester for Northern Ireland skipper Jonny Evans.

It is thought Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare wants Evans in addition to another central defender, Harry Maguire, who is about to join the club from Hull for £17m.

It is understood West Brom dismissed the Evans bid instantly and have no intention of selling the player, who still has two years remaining on his contract.

The 29-year-old joined West Brom from Manchester United in a £6m deal two years ago.

He has made 62 Premier League appearances for the Baggies and, following the departure of Darren Fletcher to Stoke, would be a major contender to take over as captain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/40028285

Sounds like he is going to have to hand in a transfer request  if he wants a move...

40 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Yes he is shit the same guy who played in the heart of WBA defence that conceded very little last season and a fantastic finish, the same player who can actually control a football rather than hoof, also has 4 title wins on his CV.

Yes no one would be happy with him.

Come off it. 

Its a bit easier to not concede many when you have 9 men who don't go over the half way line.

90% of you lot are mad or should I say, don't know what you are talking about!

I bet you think John O'Shea or Wes Brown were a top notch defenders with 'x' amount of titles under there belts as well.

Never thought much of Evans and I'd be most disappointed if we signed him.

While Smalling is available - what are we doing ****ing around with this twat for? 

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Come off it. 

Its a bit easier to not concede many when you have 9 men who don't go over the half way line.

90% of you lot are mad or should I say, don't know what you are talking about!

I bet you think John O'Shea or Wes Brown were a top notch defenders with 'x' amount of titles under there belts as well.

Never thought much of Evans and I'd be most disappointed if we signed him.

While Smalling is available - what are we doing ****ing around with this twat for? 

You are talking like we play free flowing football with centre backs that push up to the half way line. We basically set up the same way as west brom. Having Maguire and Evans means we will be able to defend deep but also be more effective in possesion as both of them are good passers and comfortable on the ball. Also, Smalling & Maguire both play RCB? Evans and Maguire would offer a better balance at the back. 

5 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

You are talking like we play free flowing football with centre backs that push up to the half way line. We basically set up the same way as west brom. Having Maguire and Evans means we will be able to defend deep but also be more effective in possesion as both of them are good passers and comfortable on the ball. Also, Smalling & Maguire both play RCB? Evans and Maguire would offer a better balance at the back. 

Ooh you can't say that, you clearly 'don't know what you're talking about'.?

7 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

You are missing my point.

I don't rate Evans; I think he is over rated; I don't want him at our club as he is shit.

Imo! 

Archived