Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

U21 Euros

40 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Redmond still has a knock I'm guessing. Leicester City left side.

DDVdGLwW0AEQKMw.jpg

Surely it's not actually a 4-4-2?

I would have thought something like this;

Pickford

Holgate Chambers Mawson Chilwell

Chalobah Ward-Prowse

Baker Hughes Gray

Abraham

On 25 June 2017 at 09:02, kingcarr21 said:

England vs Italy final. With England winning it 

Just imagine if we do win it, just a few weeks after the England U20's win the World Cup.

I wonder why the England youngsters are doing so much better at major tournaments than the senior team?

Maybe it's because they don't play week in week out in the PL and are still fresh at this stage of the season (ie Chilly and Gray)

Whereas the senior team always seem fvcked after a long season and out of gas by the time the tournament starts.

Too many games? Mid season break? I dunno...

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just imagine if we do win it, just a few weeks after the England U20's win the World Cup.

I wonder why the England youngsters are doing so much better at major tournaments than the senior team?

Maybe it's because they don't play week in week out in the PL and are still fresh at this stage of the season (ie Chilly and Gray)

Whereas the senior team always seem fvcked after a long season and out of gas by the time the tournament starts.

Too many games? Mid season break? I dunno...

Here's my outside perspective:

I think England's players are just as talented at youth levels as the rest of the world's elite teams, but their players don't get as much playing experience in their domestic leagues, so they do not develop as much from 21-25 years old. How much better would players like Rashford be if they started every week for United? They also tend to stay in England, so they end up on lingering on the bench or in the youth academy instead of getting starting minutes at clubs in Germany, Spain, Netherlands etc.

England's manager's/coaches are not nearly as good as their counterparts across the world. These managers tend to stick with the players on the best teams in England, which essentially creates a premier league style club lacking foreign stars. They try and play a possessive style like Spurs/Arsenal, which works great in qualifying against smaller countries. But when they go up against better teams, they don't play well in defense or without the ball. 

Last gripe - England always calls up the same players each time to develop national team chemistry, but do not give chances to players from smaller clubs (Drinkwater for example.) I always think that you could develop a better national team from the players that did not make it into the starting XI.

Despite all that, they're still a top 15-20 side, which is good enough to get out of the group stages in most tournaments but not advance any further. 

Archived