Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Since 1960..and C ee have had some...My all time greatest player ever.

I was lucky and got to know him as a short time aquaintence, who backed me in another sport.

Amusing story, I with 2 other friends, and teammates were running to get to our own game,

Alongside suddenly came Keith also running...we told him we are bloody late for our game,

He laughing said..'Y our late, I left my boots in the car, the b oss will kill me,!!!

He and a few others Were Turning out for a community/charity game...

But he shouted to me 'hey Nigel..see you Saturday night' 

The fact he remembered me, from a Sports event, and we had spoke a couple times coincidently at Baileys (night club),

and talked awhile.Made my day This Was the beginning of a period of time, when I got to become aquianted, with him,and  Wortho and L.Glover.

but only met the Birch on a couple of Occasions.

Keith is gone now, but I can honestly say, I couldnt dream up anything negative about the man, nor the other 2.for that matter.

Serious no bias.. Weller, Crossie, Wortho, Glover (Gladys), (D.Gibson )were the best English players I have seen wear the city Shirt, Gibbo Scottish...

and should of represented England. (Both Crossie and Lenny got call ups, like Mike Stringfellow for England,

but carried injuries, everytime...)

Just as a possible comparison, Rodney Fern had a great 1 n half seasons by us, a couple of calamity games, but they rightly Nicknamed him at the time 'Gerson', but he then really dropped off. Riyhad..

Alike needs a few more seasons behind him at the top level, then just then I might say, one of the top players...

Sorry for this..I am taking heavy pain tabletts...cant read the shit for correction I am writing..!!

They were good times and good players. There's a tendency sometimes for every generation to think that their's have the best players.  In my first match at Filbert Street aged 12, I got to see Charlton, Law and Best, they were none too shabby players and would be relevant today. We beat them 2-0 though with Nish and Fern both scoring! We may worship a player like Marhez but he'd look a rank amateur compared to George Best.

5 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Actually on this debate on who was the greatest player to put on a City shirt

I have missed one of the most complete centre forwards I have seen.

A certain Mr Stan Collymore .. obviously a guy with a lot of personal issues

but a very talented footballer.

Nowhere near the best player to wear a city shirt. Good, but not that good.

• Like 2

I just watched some of his 16/17 highlights and I don't think he has had such a bad season, especially considering the fact that a lot of his created chances went to waste and he was often triple marked. 

I think most of these highlights were when Ranieri was around though 

Edited by Redouane

I've wrttten this before but if you really want to see a great footballing team watch some clips of Bloomfields era at Leicester

Glover, Weller, Sammells, Birch, Rofe etc they consistently made top 10 if not better for five or six years.

Then you can go to MONs mob. Everyone of them would stand toe to toe with Riyad.

Riyad is just one of the great players we have had............ for me it will always be Glover Worthington or Weller though  :thumbup:

Closely followed by MONs mob........... Great Teams and Great to Watch   

• Like 2

How Mahrez has acted since the end of season has annoyed me greatly.

Leicester has been the best thing that has ever happened him and he might have barely broken into Ligue 1 by now only for us. I doubt he'd have anything like the acclaim in Algeria also.

Other than 2015/16 he has been a functional player for us. He never raised his game to the same levels as almost everyone else did from Liverpool onwards.

I accept that we're likely to be a stepping stone for players to move onto bigger things. That's part of being a Leicester supporter. I don't class Kante as a Leicester legend (a legendary season/player no doubt) because he was here for a short time but he got on with giving it his all for us with the worlds attention on him and even if say Vardy or Kasper did decide to go the passion they've shown for us will still make them fondly remembered.

Making it public that he didnt want to stay is very hard to take. If someone is interested in you and you back it up with the right displays for the current club then fair enough. Being half arsed for close to the whole season and then gettng ready to up sticks is very bad form.

• Like 4

No end product in about 75% of those clips. Fancy stuff is great - no end product is just frustrating and a waste. 

If we we let him go to Arsenal for £25 million as suggested it's a disgrace however! 

Edited by phildw
  • Like 1

Dint read most of this topic and I agree that he is probably in the top 3 best players to put on our shirt, but.......

The way he played last season just shows the personality of the guy which in my humble opinion is absolute shyte.

If he had some nouse about him, he would have given what he gave us in the title winning season. Even if he was adamant that he was leaving.

I hear the excuses about being double and triple teamed but he played crap when he wasn't being double and triple teamed. Apart from the odd spark of his usual genius.

As such, because of this, his worth has halved or even worse. To the point where the offers are barely existent. Hardly anyone is talking about wanting him in their squad because of his display.

He fooked himself up here for being a bit of a brat. 

As for fulfilling his contract with us.......meh!

Get rid. Too much in wages for sticking him on the bench which is where I want him because I don't think we will ever see the Mahrez we love again.

Sorry.

> two or three men monitoring Mahrez at all times

> demanded by coaches and fans to track back into the defensive third

> lambasted by fans when an attempt to go past a player didn't work

> left no choice to start attacks from his defensive third with only one player in Vardy ahead of him 

Yeah, I've no idea why Mahrez wants to leave or the 7th best player in the world, voted for his attacking genius, was forced to ******** defend!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, easilee said:

Dint read most of this topic and I agree that he is probably in the top 3 best players to put on our shirt, but.......

The way he played last season just shows the personality of the guy which in my humble opinion is absolute shyte.

If he had some nouse about him, he would have given what he gave us in the title winning season. Even if he was adamant that he was leaving.

I hear the excuses about being double and triple teamed but he played crap when he wasn't being double and triple teamed. Apart from the odd spark of his usual genius.

As such, because of this, his worth has halved or even worse. To the point where the offers are barely existent. Hardly anyone is talking about wanting him in their squad because of his display.

He fooked himself up here for being a bit of a brat. 

As for fulfilling his contract with us.......meh!

Get rid. Too much in wages for sticking him on the bench which is where I want him because I don't think we will ever see the Mahrez we love again.

Sorry.

Out of interest, which players DID give us what they had in the title season?

Your post is quite magnificent. 

And yet... mahrez may well remain with us.  No pl club will buy him and no foreign club will match his wages..... he has been poorly advised by his agent. 

He must now get a personal mentor and knuckle down and sort his form out.  He needs video work on his decision making .... and to start to mix it up (dribble...pass... cross .... shoot) so the defenders back off. ... but mostly his form suffered coz he was trying too hard to make an impact.  He needs a psychologist to chill him  and to help him deal with the disappointment of the txfer window.... that is hard.  Worse picking him and hoping doesnt work... he should be benched and show that he will fight to start.

I hope he makes it

On 03/07/2017 at 10:26, Bamba's Babes said:

> two or three men monitoring Mahrez at all times

> demanded by coaches and fans to track back into the defensive third

> lambasted by fans when an attempt to go past a player didn't work

> left no choice to start attacks from his defensive third with only one player in Vardy ahead of him 

Yeah, I've no idea why Mahrez wants to leave or the 7th best player in the world, voted for his attacking genius, was forced to ******** defend!

It's not as if he doesn't go back and defend either, he's just not very good at it. Some of the vitriol towards him at the end of the season if someone went past him was embarrassing. It's not his job ffs.

I find it extremely weird that people are desperate to get on his back but will profess their love for Ulloa, for example. Mahrez is one of the most significant players ever to play here as well as one of the best.

It's mental to me that anyone wants him to go.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

It's not as if he doesn't go back and defend either, he's just not very good at it. Some of the vitriol towards him at the end of the season if someone went past him was embarrassing. It's not his job ffs.

I find it extremely weird that people are desperate to get on his back but will profess their love for Ulloa, for example. Mahrez is one of the most significant players ever to play here as well as one of the best.

It's mental to me that anyone wants him to go.

Totally agree - fans should be screwing that we're even asking him to defend!

If we can't defend with 9 behind the ball, what use is a 10th?

At least when all is said and done, I'll know that I respected his talents, it's the blinded Ulloa and Okazaki fans I feel sorry for.

The whole being marked by 2-3 men thing is ridiculous. Yes, he was being marked like that. But then he needed to do something different. They all knew he was going to run at them a bit then cut inside. An 'artist' would have adapted and would have striven to succeed. Mahrez didn't adapt and when it was too hard for him he under performed. Yes, he did amazingly well for us during our title season, and I hope he can attain those heights again (either with us or elsewhere), but at the moment I wouldn't be terribly sad if he left.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

The whole being marked by 2-3 men thing is ridiculous. Yes, he was being marked like that. But then he needed to do something different. They all knew he was going to run at them a bit then cut inside. An 'artist' would have adapted and would have striven to succeed. Mahrez didn't adapt and when it was too hard for him he under performed. Yes, he did amazingly well for us during our title season, and I hope he can attain those heights again (either with us or elsewhere), but at the moment I wouldn't be terribly sad if he left.

bang on- by mixing it up they will stand off him.  By trying to beat three players he is helping their tactic to work.  An early cross in will make monkeys out of the tthree guys marking him.  I believe it is his "over desire" to want to make an impact that causes him to try and beat them.  He needs to understand this.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-07-01 at 03:28, pmcla26 said:

How can Kante be a legend when he jumped ship the way he did? Don't ever get it when people say stuff like this about him, always will respect him for what he did for us but at the same time I'd put him lower than Andy King and Danny Simpson in terms of 'legendary' status for Leicester 

Yeah, it's a bit shame that Kanté didn't play with us in CL but he owes us absolutely nothing to be fair...

I'd definitely consider Kanté as a legend for being the most important player in the best ever Leicester side in our history. 

And I don't understand why you put King & Simpson in same sentence when the latter was a starter for us...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...