Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Chris Smalling

15 minutes ago, Hollism said:

This would be a great signing. Wonder which of the three mentioned clubs would be his preferred choice. We're the furthest from Manchester by a long way, but he's a London boy isn't he? If he's settled in Manchester/Cheshire, that gives Stoke an advantage. If not then it's between us and WBA.

Thats assuming there's an ounce of truth in this anyway lol

I would hope we could sell our ambitions. Nobody could ever believe that Stoke or West Brom have any ambitions other than to remain in the division. I put us with Southampton, just behind (I'd like to say level but won't) Everton in terms of pulling power right now. 

8 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I would hope we could sell our ambitions. Nobody could ever believe that Stoke or West Brom have any ambitions other than to remain in the division. I put us with Southampton, just behind (I'd like to say level but won't) Everton in terms of pulling power right now. 

I'd put us above soutjampton. At least we try and keep our best players....

This would be a great signing, but can't see it happening. His price tag will probably be too enticing for bigger clubs not to be attracted, given the likes of WBA are in for him. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal could all have reason to go for a CB like him... as could Everton if they don't get Keane. 

1 minute ago, Lesteban said:

This would be a great signing, but can't see it happening. His price tag will probably be too enticing for bigger clubs not to be attracted, given the like of WBA are in for him. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal could all have reason to go for a CB like him... as could Everton if they don't get Keane. 

United want £15m. United won't sell to Liverpool. Arsenal already have an abundance of CBs and he won't start for Tottenham.

37 minutes ago, Everygamefox said:

In the game when vards scored the record setting goal, smalling was class. I'd 100% take him

Vardy's said in the past that he's the best defender he's ever played against, I believe.

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

United want £15m

Exactly, that is frankly a bargain in the current market. Just 18 months or so ago he was looking like England's best CB. Bigger clubs than us will be in for him most likely. Although can't see him wanting to replace Kevin Winner at Spurs, for example. He will want to play. 

Never used to rate him but in recent years learnt to appreciate him, he'd be great for us, seen a few people on here talking about a potential move here but never actually thought it had any rumours to it, has it been rumoured before this?

Decent premier league centre back, not sure if he'd want to make the step down to a club like us but he would be such a great addition. Strong, tall and not that I rate pace as a necessity at the back, he is quite quick which is only a positive. Would love us to sign Smalling, been waiting for this link for a while. Smalling, Maguire, iheanacho, Jakupovic, a first team CAM, and a first team normal box to box CM (and another winger if Mahrez leaves) represents excellent business for the summer imo.

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Has he recovered fully from injury?

If so £15 million is a very low figure in this market isn't it? Who plucked that out of the sky?

It's a strange market ATM there is some appalling value around but then also quite a few gems too.

8 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Vardy's said in the past that he's the best defender he's ever played against, I believe.

He did. Said he was the toughest defender he had played against. I'll take that as a recommendation.

Archived