Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Finsbury Park

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

No wonder Theresa May can't get any work done. She seems to be spending all of her time chairing COBRA committee emergency meetings at the moment.

WTF is going on in this fvcked up country of ours? My wife is on her was to work in London this morning, less than a mile away from Finsbury Park. I detest the fact she works in London and I avoid it like the plague. But I guess nowhere is safe these days is it...

Those poor people just going to peaceful prayer last night. I wish everyone could just be more tolerant and let folk live their lives. It's all so sickening...

Funnily enough the two recent COBRA meetings were during the election campaign, so stopped no work. And there wasn't a COBRA meeting last week stopping her reacting properly to the Grenfell Tower fire. But you know what, she put herself up for the job, it's difficult, if she can't handle it, quit.

A witness is claiming that there were three people in the van - two 'white males' escaped.

He also claims the police response time was an hour, 45 mins for an ambulance.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Why is it a terrorist attack? And not a racist attack?

would the person not need to have links to terrorist organisations to be considered a terrorist 

Because Muslims are not a race, I don't know why it is so hard for people to grasp this.

oh well

37 minutes ago, Buce said:

A witness is claiming that there were three people in the van - two 'white males' escaped.

He also claims the police response time was an hour, 45 mins for an ambulance.

Obviously a bit of a tit then.  Police confirmed no other suspects, and they were there in a couple of minutes, plus additional officers in 10 minutes.

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Finsbury Park Mosque has had more proven links to terrorism than any other Mosque in the country.

Act of mind blowing stupidity and evil but if one Mosque was likely to be targeted it was this one.

People need to stop making any attempt to give excuses for these incidents, whether it's behaviour of people in the West or people in the middle east.

There is NEVER any justification for anyone to deliberately murder the innocent.

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Obviously a bit of a tit then.  Police confirmed no other suspects, and they were there in a couple of minutes, plus additional officers in 10 minutes.

A unit arrived on scene (Police) who dealt with the injured but many were waiting for further Police support and ambulances for over half an hour apparently.

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

A unit arrived on scene (Police) who dealt with the injured but many were waiting for further Police support and ambulances for over half an hour apparently.

You would expect there was a triage system in place and those who most need an ambulance had one promptly, with those who needed one less waiting a while.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

You would expect there was a triage system in place and those who most need an ambulance had one promptly, with those who needed one less waiting a while.

Yeah sure - though there was confusion as to how the incident was reported.

It was reported as a collision not a terrorist attack so the right amount of services were not deployed.

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Why is it a terrorist attack? And not a racist attack?

would the person not need to have links to terrorist organisations to be considered a terrorist 

Why was the recent London bombing not also a racist attack and not just a terrorist attack you can also ask,Muslims trying and succeeding in killing non Muslims is as racist as non Muslims killing Muslims 

12 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Why was the recent London bombing not also a racist attack and not just a terrorist attack you can also ask,Muslims trying and succeeding in killing non Muslims is as racist as non Muslims killing Muslims 

What?

Was there a recent London bombing?

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

An act of terrorism can be carried out by a single person, without links to a known terrorist organisation.  See Timothy McVeigh for example.

Sure,

I guess my my point is it just seems like a media buzzword these days straight away before anything is known.

if the interpretation is to terrorise people wouldn't the term be thrown around a lot more?

David copeland the nail bomber wasn't deemed a terrorist at the time look at the media archives.

Serial killers that's target specific types, prostitutes, homosexuals, are they not terrorising certain groups?

It's terrorism plain and simple. the idea was to kill and injure and therefore terrify people. what we don't want is vigilantes on the streets taking out retribution on a group in society because their angry at individuals who carry out atrocities in the name of their religion!. politicians need to calm the situation down. there will always be extremists on all sides but everything must be done to make sure these incidents don't get out of control and the authorities need to restore order

19 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Sure,

I guess my my point is it just seems like a media buzzword these days straight away before anything is known.

if the interpretation is to terrorise people wouldn't the term be thrown around a lot more?

David copeland the nail bomber wasn't deemed a terrorist at the time look at the media archives.

Serial killers that's target specific types, prostitutes, homosexuals, are they not terrorising certain groups?

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

8 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

It's terrorism plain and simple. the idea was to kill and injure and therefore terrify people. what we don't want is vigilantes on the streets taking out retribution on a group in society because their angry at individuals who carry out atrocities in the name of their religion!. politicians need to calm the situation down. there will always be extremists on all sides but everything must be done to make sure these incidents don't get out of control and the authorities need to restore order

Not sure there is an awful lot politicians can do about it. After each of these attacks we see pictures of every victim. Hear the stories of every victim. See pictures of the attackers. Hear the stories of the attackers. Hear from everyone on the street, even people who aren't connected to any of it, we hear every single facet around these attacks. I can't speak for anyone else, but when I read all the stuff I do get upset, I do get angry at it all. Now I would never be taking that out on innocents, but it's no surprise to me that there are those that would, just like there are those who can be radicalised in the Muslim community, there are those who can be radicalised amongst everyone else. 

Just seems a way of getting people to buy your paper/visit your website to me. What honour is it to these victims to put their attacker(s) on a nationwide/worldwide pedestal, surely it only exacerbates the problem. 

Condolences to all involved especially Muslims, it is bad enough not knowing whether if you are being targeted for a terrorist attack by ISIS in any public spaces but it is even worse knowing you are likely to be targeted for all kind of attacks- hate crime, violence, verbal abuse etc BECAUSE of your religion.   I would like to see likes of The Sun and The Daily Mail report on this with straight faces given how much they liked to stroke up the segregation and the hatred between the society in the past. 

Archived