Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Finsbury Park

35 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

When has Tommy Robinson encouraged murder?

He also doesn't have a problem with peaceful law abiding Muslims, let's compare him to a terrorist that encourages people to kill any non believer.

I wouldn't mind seeing this backed up with hard evidence tbh.

54 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I wouldn't mind seeing this backed up with hard evidence tbh.

Go spend the time looking then, his in videos 

sometimes greeted by Muslim friends.

His issues are with Islamist ideology and those who don't want to assimilate and integrate he makes this quite clear in most videos.

Really disappointed in that this type of incident, despite however rare it is in this country, still occurs.

Events since the Westminster attack have really been terrible for the country, and am concerned this won't be the last of it unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Go spend the time looking then, his in videos 

sometimes greeted by Muslim friends.

His issues are with Islamist ideology and those who don't want to assimilate and integrate he makes this quite clear in most videos.

I've seen a few of them, and also a few reports by his friend Paul Joseph Watson.

I guess we might have a disagreement on how much he generalises regarding Muslims, even if (and I'm being pretty kind here) the intent is not there from him to do so.

4 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

Quoting / using KH as a source for anything instantly diminishes credibility to zero. 

She is a professional troll - nothing that exits her mouth should be taken seriously. 

Unfortunately there are lots of very simple people out there who actually buy into her awful rhetoric.  

You've kind of contradicted yourself with your final sentence.

Why has this thread detracted from the main topic of this terrorist attack? People on here arguing how media should report it etc. We live in a world where there are multiple types of news agencies. Some far left, some far right, and then there is the daily mail which only cretins and Katie Hopkins (cretin is too soft of a word for her) read. The point is innocent lives have been effected by this and we should be talking about how disgraceful, cowardice and bastardly the attacker was and to give our thoughts to those effected. I do genuinely believe that there are some people on here that are almost making excuses for this type of thing and frankly it's horrendous. 

Talk of "halal meat being snuck into everyone's diet" come on seriously, most people have been eating doner Kebabs after a messy night out for years and never complained? What about all the E numbers being "snuck" into our diets? Surely that's more of a concern considering it potentially effects our health? Oh no but it's not the "moslims" doing that so we don't need to talk about it do we.....? :rolleyes:. Jeeeez

53 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Why has this thread detracted from the main topic of this terrorist attack? People on here arguing how media should report it etc. We live in a world where there are multiple types of news agencies. Some far left, some far right, and then there is the daily mail which only cretins and Katie Hopkins (cretin is too soft of a word for her) read. The point is innocent lives have been effected by this and we should be talking about how disgraceful, cowardice and bastardly the attacker was and to give our thoughts to those effected. I do genuinely believe that there are some people on here that are almost making excuses for this type of thing and frankly it's horrendous. 

Talk of "halal meat being snuck into everyone's diet" come on seriously, most people have been eating doner Kebabs after a messy night out for years and never complained? What about all the E numbers being "snuck" into our diets? Surely that's more of a concern considering it potentially effects our health? Oh no but it's not the "moslims" doing that so we don't need to talk about it do we.....? :rolleyes:. Jeeeez

ask why the thread has detracted, then go on a rant and ask loads of questions, yep that will keep it on track

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm opposed to Halal because it's a) a grotesque and cruel practise, b) it's based upon an obscene and ludicrous religious belief and c) mainstream restaurants are using it without the knowledge, choice or consent of the general, non-Muslim public.

Quite what this has to do with a far-right wing Welsh terrorist I don't know. 

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

ask why the thread has detracted, then go on a rant and ask loads of questions, yep that will keep it on track

He has a point though. If we take this forum as a general view of the public. A terrorist attack carried out by a far right loser on innocent bystanders who just happen to be Muslim = barely two pages of condolences. 

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Rhetoric questions trying to make people see what's important rather than talk about crap which incites hatred and separation. 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm opposed to Halal because it's a) a grotesque and cruel practise, b) it's based upon an obscene and ludicrous religious belief and c) mainstream restaurants are using it without the knowledge, choice or consent of the general, non-Muslim public.

Quite what this has to do with a far-right wing Welsh terrorist I don't know. 

If you have these feelings about halal meat then perhaps you need to read up about it a bit more, not just the way it is done but the reasons for it. If you still don't agree with it then most things are labelled and if not labelled just ask the question and avoid. Everyone has a choice. But you are right, all this talk has nothing to do with that terrorist attack. Let's get back on track. As someone else mentioned, an attack on a group of people who happen to be innocent Muslims gets barely 2 pages of thoughts and prayers, instead it gets screen shots of politicians who happen to chose different words for different events. Crazy and sad place really. 

20 hours ago, The Blur said:

I think @HankMarvin has a point here,  I agree that terrorism is a word that are banding about rather frequently now.  It is too early to speculate of course but seeing early reports from eyewitnesses who claim the attacker was insulting Muslims then surely it is an Islamphobic attack or a attack against a religion  not a terrorist attack given that it is not politically motivated?

I also have some trouble accepting that ISIS attacks are a form of terrorism,  if they are bombing government headquarters or attacking the public to make governments to stand down then sure it is politically motivated but they are trying to spread their ideology, converting people to accept their interpretation of Quran and to make a stand against Western ideology then it is a pursuit of religious aims is it not?  

I don't believe your understanding on what ISIS ultimately want is strictly true.

My understanding is what they would like is an infidel force to engage in battle on the plains infront of Debliq, which according to their scripture, will bring about the day of reckoning. 

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, hejammy said:

If you have these feelings about halal meat then perhaps you need to read up about it a bit more, not just the way it is done but the reasons for it. If you still don't agree with it then most things are labelled and if not labelled just ask the question and avoid. Everyone has a choice. But you are right, all this talk has nothing to do with that terrorist attack. Let's get back on track. As someone else mentioned, an attack on a group of people who happen to be innocent Muslims gets barely 2 pages of thoughts and prayers, instead it gets screen shots of politicians who happen to chose different words for different events. Crazy and sad place really. 

If Halal is OK why is the slaughter banned in so many (especially "progressive" left wing) countries? 

15 hours ago, MattP said:

You being serious?

What headline there is comparable to Hamza telling people they should slaughter people who aren't Muslim? 

Although on that picture, you don't think the press should allowed to be report halal being snuck into everyones diet, Sharia being practised or an Islamist plot to behead a poppy seller?  

We have to be careful to consider things on their own merits... saying something isn't as bad as something much worse, doesn't in itself make tim ok.

And the point on press coverage probably taps in on Levison and how newspapers quite consistently push the boundaries of responsibility for their own interests. To say the press are completely responsible in their language and the views they can imprint on people would be nieve. 

As part of this. I'm reminded of the Sun's "1 in 5" headline, which received numerous complaints that were upheld by the regulator... yet, the damage had already been done, the headline was already in lots of people's minds as fact long before any subsequent action could be taken. 

If we also consider how divisive things seem to be these days, with strong polar views held by people not willing to give an inch (like this forum) we have to consider this has been fostered by the things around us and that the news media / social media have a big part in this.

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

If Halal is OK why is the slaughter banned in so many (especially "progressive" left wing) countries? 

You mean mainly the Scandinavian countries and the very progression Liechtenstein? Also banned kosher meat but you forget to mention that? The same halal and kosher meat which is widely accepted in far less progressive countries like, USA, UK, France, Germany? Mate.... Behave. The fact that you are willing to consume the meat suggests you don't really care much about the animals wellbeing rather than just "bite" at anything that is "Muslim associated"

Please open your mind up and stop all this narrow mindedness. 

40 minutes ago, MattP said:

Halal is atrocious, but so is factory farmed meat and dairy. The key difference is that factory farmers are portrayed as 'poor hard working Brits, whom have been poorly treated thanks to the devilish nature of the EU.' There is no such thing as ethical slaughter regardless of beliefs, circumstance or any other factor. 

10 hours ago, hejammy said:

That aspect is important though because legal proceedings are active against the suspect. The sooner people get this into their heads, the sooner I'll have to stop seeing all this shit about bias all over the internet.

Rule in layman's terms is:

Suspect is dead = Say whatever the fvck you like about them unless it could prejudice an inquest jury.

Suspect is alive = Don't say anything that could sway a potential juror.

Though given some of the coverage I've seen from the nationals of the suspect so far, it wouldn't surprise me if they were investigated for doing the latter. It's been a bit near the knuckle.

Archived