Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Ulloa - back to Brighton?

12 hours ago, Tuna said:

I wouldn't want him to sign for another PL club. If we can sell him to a La Liga club then fine.

We would be strengthened and our opponents weakened. Win win.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'd like Ulloa to leave...for himself.

'It's time 

F himself. I don't care if he was promised onions in his burger but only got cheese, he vowed never to play for Leicester City again. Scumbag.

How does Mahrez get more abuse for asking to leave, in a summer we all knew he was bleeding leaving anyway, when this clown virtually downed tools in the middle of the season because he wasn't allowed to leave his £40k per week job. People say Mahrez downed tools... HAHA.

Ooooo "he was promised to play" "poor Leo, I hope he's alright" - No. You down tools on my club, especially when we're doing rubbish and you're turd yourself, you can swing.

I like Leo but It's either him or Slim for me. We don't need both, I think one should go and free up a space in he Squad for a development player.  

I wouldn't hold his comment in January against him either.  He was promised he'd be allowed leave, then denied that move, aside from the fact that he was on less than half what Vardy Mahrez was earning.  He was never a bad player for us and I'll always admire the way he came in for Vardy in our league season and done the business.

All he want's to do is play Football which is more than some others in our squad.

3 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

F himself. I don't care if he was promised onions in his burger but only got cheese, he vowed never to play for Leicester City again. Scumbag.

How does Mahrez get more abuse for asking to leave, in a summer we all knew he was bleeding leaving anyway, when this clown virtually downed tools in the middle of the season because he wasn't allowed to leave his £40k per week job. People say Mahrez downed tools... HAHA.

Ooooo "he was promised to play" "poor Leo, I hope he's alright" - No. You down tools on my club, especially when we're doing rubbish and you're turd yourself, you can swing.

I wouldn't call handing over a 12-15 goal a year striker 'weakening' a team. Don't let petty bias cloud the fact he's a decent finisher with both with head and his feet and served us very well for the two seasons he saw game time. Just because he's surplus now doesn't make him crap.

I can't understand how the vitriol in your post. You seem to be defending Mahrez but crucifying Ulloa? Truth is they've both said similar things, both fairly unadvisable and stupid but I don't hate either, just because some morons spit a load of bile on Mahrez doesn't mean you should hit out at Ulloa as a consequence. 

Ulloa made his comment however unadvisable after we'd reneged on a contractual agreement. I can't care how you play it down but I'm sure if your boss reneged contract agreements you'd be fuming, and pay plays no part in this. Truth is he never hated Leicester but simply resented Ranieri for it. The moment he left he dropped the act and agreed to get on with it. 

In you take both seasons into account, Ulloa has arguably been just as vital as many in our squad when it comes to  our success. It was his goals in 2014/15 that won us points early in the season and kept us in touching distance to make the Great Escape possible and it was his goals at the end of 2015/16 that ensured we didn't fizzle out and marched to the title. 'Scumbag' is extremely harsh title to put on the man.

ULLOA SET FOR EXIT?

Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa would like a return to Spain, according to Estadio Deportivo.

The 30-year-old is attracting interest from Real BetisLevante and Getafe.

On 7/9/2017 at 09:44, Finnaldo said:

I wouldn't call handing over a 12-15 goal a year striker 'weakening' a team. Don't let petty bias cloud the fact he's a decent finisher with both with head and his feet and served us very well for the two seasons he saw game time. Just because he's surplus now doesn't make him crap.

I can't understand how the vitriol in your post. You seem to be defending Mahrez but crucifying Ulloa? Truth is they've both said similar things, both fairly unadvisable and stupid but I don't hate either, just because some morons spit a load of bile on Mahrez doesn't mean you should hit out at Ulloa as a consequence. 

Ulloa made his comment however unadvisable after we'd reneged on a contractual agreement. I can't care how you play it down but I'm sure if your boss reneged contract agreements you'd be fuming, and pay plays no part in this. Truth is he never hated Leicester but simply resented Ranieri for it. The moment he left he dropped the act and agreed to get on with it. 

In you take both seasons into account, Ulloa has arguably been just as vital as many in our squad when it comes to  our success. It was his goals in 2014/15 that won us points early in the season and kept us in touching distance to make the Great Escape possible and it was his goals at the end of 2015/16 that ensured we didn't fizzle out and marched to the title. 'Scumbag' is extremely harsh title to put on the man.

12-15 goal a year striker? Other than his first season, when has he scored double figures for us? He's gone two years with poor goal scoring records.

So him moving was written into his contract? You got proof of that?

Mahrez hasn't said he'll never play for us again, he has stated he would like to leave. We all know he was leaving this summer. The shock doesn't exist. Ulloa said he would never play for us again, some no mark 4th choice striker trying to hold the club to ransom.

Ulloa as vital to our successes as Mahrez? That's an incredible typo, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean to type that...

Just now, Bamba's Babes said:

a) 12-15 goal a year striker? Other than his first season, when has he scored double figures for us? He's gone two years with poor goal scoring records.

b) So him moving was written into his contract? You got proof of that?

c) Mahrez hasn't said he'll never play for us again, he has stated he would like to leave. We all know he was leaving this summer. The shock doesn't exist. Ulloa said he would never play for us again, some no mark 4th choice striker trying to hold the club to ransom.

d) Ulloa as vital to our successes as Mahrez? That's an incredible typo, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean to type that...

a) Other than his first season, when has he had close to as much game time?

b) It was heavily reported he did, he then continued to play for us once the manager was removed. If it was all about not getting his move then why would he resume with us after a managerial change? Does that not suggest there as ulterior motives than just a move away?

c) Again, the story is that Ranieri promised him game time, didn't provide that and wanted a move that was blocked. You didn't answer my question either, would you be happy to carry on if your boss reneged on contract agreement and blocked a move away? 

d) As for your last point, without his goals at the start of 2014-15, when Vardy was hadn't found form and Mahrez was missing most the time, would we have stayed up?

On 09/07/2017 at 06:31, Bamba's Babes said:

I don't see a verbal promise as any different from a written one for all that "my word is my bond" seems pretty much mocked nowadays. It's my belief Ulloa had every right to feel aggrieved.     

On 7/9/2017 at 06:31, Bamba's Babes said:

The simple reason Mahrez gets more abuse is because Mahrez actually has ability in his locker. Ulloa is insignificant. Really poor decision not to take the cash and run last year.

7 hours ago, Hack said:

You do not want players on your team that want to go and aren't happy.

If you transferred every Premiership player who wasn't happy from time to time you'd probably have King as the only settled player left - and he'd likely collect another award!     

On 09/07/2017 at 07:23, Cardiff_Fox said:

Scumbag christ. What is he a criminal ? A drug dealer? A serial killer? 

Come on perspective 

There is no perspective in football. It is an emotional pastime and any player who publicly craps on the club I love like Ulloa or Mahrez deserve all the flack they can handle. Both of the want away scumbags can do one.

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

There is no perspective in football. It is an emotional pastime and any player who publicly craps on the club I love like Ulloa or Mahrez deserve all the flack they can handle. Both of the want away scumbags can do one.

I think you speak for yourself rather than for all of us. At least you're honest. 

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Two players who delivered on my dreams and hopes. Scumbags hardly. 

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

I don't see a verbal promise as any different from a written one for all that "my word is my bond" seems pretty much mocked nowadays. It's my belief Ulloa had every right to feel aggrieved.     

Weren't we offered £2m for him by a Spanish club?

Why would we accept that?

Sunderland offered more but we would have been selling to a relegation rival at that point.

Neither of those two offers were realistic and the club/Ranieri were right to dismiss them.

Ulloa and his agent should have understood that soimo were completely wrong to sat he's never play for the club again.

I'd bin him off for that alone.

3 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

a) Other than his first season, when has he had close to as much game time?

b) It was heavily reported he did, he then continued to play for us once the manager was removed. If it was all about not getting his move then why would he resume with us after a managerial change? Does that not suggest there as ulterior motives than just a move away?

c) Again, the story is that Ranieri promised him game time, didn't provide that and wanted a move that was blocked. You didn't answer my question either, would you be happy to carry on if your boss reneged on contract agreement and blocked a move away? 

d) As for your last point, without his goals at the start of 2014-15, when Vardy was hadn't found form and Mahrez was missing most the time, would we have stayed up?

A) Fair, he didn't get as much game time but there's a reason for that.

B) Because if he continued to not play he would have been fined, he didn't return to playing for us out of some sort of loyalty. It was down to money and not wanting to feel ousted by teammates

C) Mine or your situations are irrelevant and not comparable to him pulling a stop. if we had said "I'm not going into the office today", we'd be sacked without a second thought and wouldn't have people defending us.

D) We probably would have gone down. Without Mahrez we wouldn't have had the best year of our lives. That's like saying X player is more important from the Championship days as without them we wouldn't have been promoted.

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

Aggrieved. Fair.

Say he'll never play for the club again? Are you comfortable with that?

21 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

A) Fair, he didn't get as much game time but there's a reason for that.

B) Because if he continued to not play he would have been fined, he didn't return to playing for us out of some sort of loyalty. It was down to money and not wanting to feel ousted by teammates

C) Mine or your situations are irrelevant and not comparable to him pulling a stop. if we had said "I'm not going into the office today", we'd be sacked without a second thought and wouldn't have people defending us.

D) We probably would have gone down. Without Mahrez we wouldn't have had the best year of our lives. That's like saying X player is more important from the Championship days as without them we wouldn't have been promoted.

I understand where you're coming from, he pulled a strop and it rightly pissed off a lot of Leicester fans at a time we didn't need the drama. It was a stupid move and to be honest I'd rather sell him than Slimani, but in my opinion there was a lot going on behind the scenes that means that we'll never know for sure how aggrieved he was and what contractual obligations had been reneged if any. For now I think it's time for him to move on and I hope we can get a decent fee for him, hopefully to a La Liga side, because he's still an asset and you know he'd bloody well score against us if he went back to Brighton!

58 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Aggrieved. Fair.

Say he'll never play for the club again? Are you comfortable with that?

What I believe Ulloa got was a considered promise or assurance.

What Ulloa gave was an angry reaction. Which is unwise and unwelcome, but not the same.

Shakespeare's just said he'd drop Mahrez if he's not 100%. I'd said that was a warning rather than a promise.        

18 hours ago, Thracian said:

What I believe Ulloa got was a considered promise or assurance.

What Ulloa gave was an angry reaction. Which is unwise and unwelcome, but not the same.

Shakespeare's just said he'd drop Mahrez if he's not 100%. I'd said that was a warning rather than a promise.        

What Ulloa did never really bothered me.  He is no spring chicken and wants to play football and is good enough to play football.  Under Ranieri was never getting a sniff last season and was made promises that were unequivocally reneged on by the sound of it.

Understandable outburst.  And anyway he came in and did well when called upon.  No beef with the guy myself.

Watched Mahrez from the title winning season last night, makes you so disappointed in what we got last season.  Shakespeare said that for a good reason

Archived