Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Ulloa - back to Brighton?

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Please be just one year. At least we won't have to worry about any more strikes and public meltdowns now he'll get that pay-rise.

Just got to pray Vardy and Iheanacho are fit and play every game. 

Sicknote Slimani must be leaving, personally I'd approach Sporting and try and use him as bait for Adrien Silva

As for Ulloa, he scored 13 goals in a side rock bottom of the Premier League for months on end, he's not to be sniffed at

He should /if rotated correctly/ be a perfectly good squad member

13 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Sicknote Slimani must be leaving, personally I'd approach Sporting and try and use him as bait for Adrien Silva

As for Ulloa, he scored 13 goals in a side rock bottom of the Premier League for months on end, he's not to be sniffed at

He should /if rotated correctly/ be a perfectly good squad member

Slim wont go back to Sporting as they pretty much have an identical player in Das Bost - also Silva wont come here. 

Maybe he will, but not in our current system. I think he'll just be our last resort sub, though Iborra scored a fair few coming off the bench to be a target man last season, even got a hattrick. 

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

slimani and musa will leave imo

Surely Slimani is off?

We can't have the following as our centre forward options when we will be playing once most weeks. Two of those have to go from Okazaki, Slimani and Musa.

1) Vardy

2) Iheanacho

3) Okazaki

4) Ulloa

5) Slimani

6) Musa

1 minute ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Weren't West Brom after Slim when we got him? Could say to them £5m + Evans - both parties happy that way.

If Slim could shake off his recurring injury problems, he would be devastating, he certainly would be in a Pulis side

I just can't see how we could have a £30m sat on the bench and when we do need to rotate him in, he's injured.

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What Ulloa did never really bothered me.  He is no spring chicken and wants to play football and is good enough to play football.  Under Ranieri was never getting a sniff last season and was made promises that were unequivocally reneged on by the sound of it.

Understandable outburst.  And anyway he came in and did well when called upon.  No beef with the guy myself.

Watched Mahrez from the title winning season last night, makes you so disappointed in what we got last season.  Shakespeare said that for a good reason

Absolutely same here.

Ulloa is a seasoned pro and asked to leave because he wanted to play more football. Very different to Mahrez.

What I don't get is then why he went and signed a new contract? 

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

Surely Slimani is off?

We can't have the following as our centre forward options when we will be playing once most weeks. Two of those have to go from Okazaki, Slimani and Musa.

1) Vardy

2) Iheanacho

3) Okazaki

4) Ulloa

5) Slimani

6) Musa

If you think just one second that Ulloa would be preferred to Slim, you're in for a surprise.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

If you think just one second that Ulloa would be preferred to Slim, you're in for a surprise.

That wasn't the order of preference I was putting them in, just highlighting we have five out and out front men and Musa and I still didn't include other players who could possibly play the second striker role in Gray, Mahrez, Lawrence or possibly Barnes.

I rate Slimani over Ulloa but if we had a £5m bid for Leo and a £25m bid for Islam I'd rather keep Ulloa and cash in on Slimani.

Another sound development. Gives us an aerial option in attack and another guy who fundamentally went with the team ethos in that he was always willing to come off the bench and do his bit. His tiff about playing time was just frustration at being virtually sidelined after helping us win the title - and I well understand that. Hope he has a good season.     . 

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can't see how he will get much game time if Slim stays and Nacho goes thru. Order will be Vardy, KI, Slim, Okazaki, Leo, Musa.

Some surely have to go.

Order will be Vardy, KI, Slim, Okazaki, Leo, Top, Vichai, Hamer, Simpson, Susan Whelan, Susan Whelan's niece, the tea-lady, the tea-lady's niece, Princess Anne, Musa. 

Fixed. It's okay - think nothing of it. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

That wasn't the order of preference I was putting them in, just highlighting we have five out and out front men and Musa and I still didn't include other players who could possibly play the second striker role in Gray, Mahrez, Lawrence or possibly Barnes.

I rate Slimani over Ulloa but if we had a £5m bid for Leo and a £25m bid for Islam I'd rather keep Ulloa and cash in on Slimani.

I misunderstood you then. My bad.

I agree that we have too many strikers and offloading two of them is necessary. I'd still give Slim another chance though. Also, Iheanacho deal is still not done.

Proven he can get goals at the level - better first touch than slim but less mobile - I would have liked to see Slim get a real chance this year but I don't think the style CS wants to play necessarily suits Slim. Ulloa much more suited as an option from the bench. I felt Ulloa did well coming on when given a chance and pleased he's staying. 

10 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Proven he can get goals at the level - better first touch than slim but less mobile - I would have liked to see Slim get a real chance this year but I don't think the style CS wants to play necessarily suits Slim. Ulloa much more suited as an option from the bench. I felt Ulloa did well coming on when given a chance and pleased he's staying. 

For a supposed 'top level' striker, Slim's first touch is quite shocking. It's worse than Lukaku's!

26 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Seems that's exactly how the manager see it. Not a surprise to me. Good goalscorer Slim, no question, but not a Leicester player in his heart from the impression I got and team spirit seems big to the manager which is yet another good sign.    

20 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Seems that's exactly how the manager see it. Not a surprise to me. Good goalscorer Slim, no question, but not a Leicester player in his heart from the impression I got and team spirit seems big to the manager which is yet another good sign.    

Whereas a quote along the lines of: "I'll never play for Leicester again" means you bleed blue blood? 

Of the two I'd keep Slimani. Both are limited players, but I just feel Slim will give us goals. His goals/ratio is very good. 

Archived